Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

A Shared Lucid Dream?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Can One Share A Lucid Dream?

Yes
60%
No
20%
Other (explain)
20%

Total votes : 5

A Shared Lucid Dream?

Postby DarkAxel » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Hey all.

I've been training myself to lucid dream and I've been having a lot of fun, but the other night I had a lucid dream experience that was far beyond the norm. I've been keeping a dream journal, and I noticed that clocks appear frequently in my dreams, so I've made the clock my "dream test" (If I see a clock, I check it for strange leaps in time and that tells me I'm dreaming or not).

This dream didn't begin like most of my dreams. It started with a tangible feeling of reality. I could feel the sun on my face and smell the trees in the wind as I hiked mountains with people I knew to be my nearest and dearest friends (though I don't know them in the waking world). I could feel the grain of the wood under my hand as I helped one of them fix a garage. I could taste the meatball sub I ate with them at a Subway/Shell Mart. It was at that point that I became aware that I was dreaming, without the aid of my dream test. I made a minor change to confirm I was in a lucid state (I made the soda fountain dispense water instead of soda), then I attempted to make some more changes, but I was unable to do so. Nothing changed even though I was aware I was dreaming. The soda fountain even started to dispense soda again.

I gather the group in front of the store and told them that I was dreaming. One of the ladies in the group looked at me and said that she was dreaming also.

The rest of the dream was pretty much like the beginning, except that I was lucid for those adventures.

What do you think? Is it possible to share a lucid dream experience with another dreamer? Is there was another explanation for my dream experience?
DarkAxel
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: A Shared Lucid Dream?

Postby J.Lee » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:50 pm

It's unlikely.
If you believe telepathy exists, then sharing dreams must also exist.
It could also be simply encouraging a shared delusion.
J.Lee
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby J4CX » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:04 pm

I think it's possible to share lucid dreams. Or even just regular dreams. When I was younger, I would frequently meet people and find out that a dream they had a while ago was actually a dream I also had at the same time. Usually in those, I was just an observer. But I saw them in their lives and finally met them later in mine. I like it. It makes me think we are connected in a bigger way but may not even know it. Maybe we are in and out of other peoples dreams but simply do not remember it or discover they had the same too because they also have forgotten.
J4CX
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby 3snt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:11 pm

DarkAxel wrote:
I gather the group in front of the store and told them that I was dreaming. One of the ladies in the group looked at me and said that she was dreaming also.

That's awesome!!!
In a lucid dream of mine, I told the people around me (my friends), "guys this is a dream right now," and they laughed and didn't believe me!
Gosh if I got the response you did, I probably would have freaked out! :lol:
3snt
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby 3snt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:20 pm

DarkAxel wrote:
What do you think? Is it possible to share a lucid dream experience with another dreamer? Is there was another explanation for my dream experience?

My sister and I (I'm a triplet) have had the same exact dreams before.. down to details and everything.. on the same nights. Sometimes when I wake up if my dreams were interesting enough, I'll tell them to her (because she sleeps in the same room) and sometimes they are the same! This has happened probably 3 times or so... although, we weren't lucid dreaming.. I don't think my sister has ever had a lucid dream before, she can hardly remember her dreams as it is.. unlike myself. Just some of my thoughts :)
Very interesting question though. Would be fun to research that.. or do some sleep studies! Hope you find the answer.
3snt
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Tiftiy » Thu May 21, 2015 9:16 pm

An ex of mine and I shared a dream. We didn't ever see each other, but I stood on the side of the road waiting for him to pick me up from school, and he called me and said he was being chased by monsters and couldn't pick me up. I saw him drive by being chased. The next day at school he told me his side of the dream.
Tiftiy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams