Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Do people act real in your lucid dreams?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Do people act real in your lucid dreams?

Postby alister242 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:39 am

When you look them in the eye, does it look like anyone's home? Or, are they like a mindless bot in a video game?

I just thought, has anyone ever tried to talk to a person in their dream and say something like, "Hey, I'm from the real world and you are in my dream." What do they say? Are they like :rofl: or are they like :? or hopefully they aren't like :nurse:
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Do people act real in your lucid dreams?

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:14 am

They don't act like bots. But sometimes they act weird, i.e., not like they would in waking life. In one I saw one of my dear departed cats alive again, and my brother acted like nothing unusual was going on. When I saw the cat, I became lucid! :D

In a lot of my dreams, I see the same dark-haired man. In most of those dreams, he's my friend, but in one he attacked me. What's that about?
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby alister242 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:06 pm

The Cat Whisperer wrote:They don't act like bots. But sometimes they act weird, i.e., not like they would in waking life. In one I saw one of my dear departed cats alive again, and my brother acted like nothing unusual was going on. When I saw the cat, I became lucid! :D

In a lot of my dreams, I see the same dark-haired man. In most of those dreams, he's my friend, but in one he attacked me. What's that about?

Is there memory continuity between separate meetings with dream characters? IOW, do the dream characters remember when they last met you in another dream? Do you suspect that each dream character has their own private mind or do you get the impression that there is one mind behind all the characters?
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:51 pm

The characters seem to have no memory of meeting me in another dream. But I've never thought to ask them. That could be an interesting experiment. My dream characters seem to have their own minds.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby alister242 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:07 pm

The Cat Whisperer wrote:The characters seem to have no memory of meeting me in another dream. But I've never thought to ask them. That could be an interesting experiment. My dream characters seem to have their own minds.

I wish I could have a lucid dream that is substantial, then I could do all these experiments myself.
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:52 pm

If you wish hard enough, it might happen.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 am

alister242 wrote:When you look them in the eye, does it look like anyone's home? Or, are they like a mindless bot in a video game?

I just thought, has anyone ever tried to talk to a person in their dream and say something like, "Hey, I'm from the real world and you are in my dream." What do they say? Are they like :rofl: or are they like :? or hopefully they aren't like :nurse:

Does it look like anyone's home? Or, are they like a mindless bot in a video game? They can be whatever you want them to be. ;) No, they can act like they are real people.

alister242 wrote:
The Cat Whisperer wrote:The characters seem to have no memory of meeting me in another dream. But I've never thought to ask them. That could be an interesting experiment. My dream characters seem to have their own minds.

I wish I could have a lucid dream that is substantial, then I could do all these experiments myself.
The Cat Whisperer: Practice on asking them in the dream. :infinity:

alister242: To me Lucid dreaming is like second nature for me. Yes, you can interact with the characters in your dreams.
A lucid dream takes practice but, you can't exactly force it.. Stop thinking... You kind to have to let things happen, "Be The Dream" sort of speaking. ;) (imo)
Try to get into the habit of Keeping a journal of your dreams (keeping a notepad and pencil next to your bed would be great). Doing so will familiarize yourself with what kind of dreams you have, what feelings you have during your dreams, etc. Eventually, you learn to recognize what you are dreaming.
Throughout the day, ask yourself, "Am I dreaming?" when something strange or odd happens to you. Don't straight out say, "Of course I'm not!" Instead, look for clues. Look at a clock, look away, and then look at it again. In dreams, the time will be totally different than the first glance. Same thing with the text in a book. Once you learn to do this naturally in life, you will learn to do this in your dreams as well. You will be well on your way to lucidity.
Identify your dream signals. Know what objects, images, or actions are always in your dreams. For example, let's say a golf ball is always in your dreams. Before you go to sleep, tell yourself, "When I see a golf ball, I know I am dreaming."
Use your dream signs in your sleep. If something utterly impossible happens to you, then you should know that you're dreaming. That includes flying, walking through walls, seeing someone who is dead in real life and interacting with characters.
Encourage lucid dreams, don't force them. Always be relaxed and patient. Also you could try meditating? Or Just sit listening to music? As you improve, you'll be able to tell yourself just what you want in your dream. Before going to bed, tell what you want to dream and what area you want to explore. *Shrugs*
Hope this helps? :)
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby alister242 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 pm

@JaneDoe, I have done all those things you mentioned. I think that there is a part of me that might start to become lucid but then I feel like it is waking me up like it feels when I actually wake from sleep. I am a very hard person to wake-up in the mornings. I'm trying to remember now... I recall a couple of times recognizing that I may be dreaming but also feeling that it would be more comfortable to just forget about it and go on dreaming without being lucid. Can you relate to that? Do you wake-up and get out of bed easily in the mornings? Are you a "morning person"?
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:50 pm

alister242 wrote:@JaneDoe, I have done all those things you mentioned. I think that there is a part of me that might start to become lucid but then I feel like it is waking me up like it feels when I actually wake from sleep. I am a very hard person to wake-up in the mornings. I'm trying to remember now... I recall a couple of times recognizing that I may be dreaming but also feeling that it would be more comfortable to just forget about it and go on dreaming without being lucid. Can you relate to that? Do you wake-up and get out of bed easily in the mornings? Are you a "morning person"?

No, I don't have that problem. ;)
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby alister242 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:18 pm

So, you usually wake-up easily in the morning?

I've also asked other lucid dreamers if they feel less rested after lucid dreaming. How about you?

Thanks
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:44 pm

alister242 wrote:So, you usually wake-up easily in the morning?

I've also asked other lucid dreamers if they feel less rested after lucid dreaming. How about you?

Thanks

I had a lucid dream just last night. Seriously, First I need to say that I remember my dreams every night even if I don't want too. Even the worse nightmares/ napmares, I'll remember them. :( Yes, I think I'm more rested when I'm lucid, for an obvious reason: Dreams can no longer suck your energy. Let me explain: Almost all normal dreams I can recall involve situations that arouse strong emotional reactions. Take a look at your normal dreams, I am sure you can say the same about them. They don't have to be nightmares, unconscious dreams involve all kinds of emotion. Even the "fainting dreams" will drain your energy.
Lucid dreams are different. You are conscious and in control. You are no longer the puppet but the puppeteer, no longer the chess piece, but the chess player and the dream is your playground. Even when I'm sick and I have a fever, I will still have a lucid dream or two. Instead of being put under stress, you can use the dream to replenish your energies and fulfil your wishes. Sometime you can even solve a problem or two. Why? Does that sound crazy to you?
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby alister242 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Janedoe145 wrote:

Thanks

I had a lucid dream just last night. Seriously, First I need to say that I remember my dreams every night even if I don't want too. Even the worse nightmares/ napmares, I'll remember them. :( Yes, I think I'm more rested when I'm lucid, for an obvious reason: Dreams can no longer suck your energy. Let me explain: Almost all normal dreams I can recall involve situations that arouse strong emotional reactions. Take a look at your normal dreams, I am sure you can say the same about them. They don't have to be nightmares, unconscious dreams involve all kinds of emotion. Even the "fainting dreams" will drain your energy.
Lucid dreams are different. You are conscious and in control. You are no longer the puppet but the puppeteer, no longer the chess piece, but the chess player and the dream is your playground. Even when I'm sick and I have a fever, I will still have a lucid dream or two. Instead of being put under stress, you can use the dream to replenish your energies and fulfil your wishes. Sometime you can even solve a problem or two. Why? Does that sound crazy to you?

No, that does not sound crazy. I'm just trying to figure out my problem. I am a chronic insomniac and I do all kinds of relaxation techniques to get to sleep and I'm just wondering if keeping part of myself a little bit awake or watchful during the night for dream signs might steal some of my quality sleep time. It's been a while since I had a tiny lucid dream and I don't think I had a good night sleep that night, but I could be jumping to conclusions since I don't have many other lucid times to compare it to.

But, now you've piqued my interest with the emotional aspect you mentioned. If lucid dreaming can actually make me feel *more* rested, that would be awesome. So, I'm going to try my old technique that I used to use which is to keep the tiniest part of my mind watchful as I drift into sleep and then that watchfulness has usually carried-over into my dreams and helped me become lucid. How does that sound to you?

I remember at least one dream a night. You don't remember ALL of your dreams of a particular night, do you?

ttyl
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby XANA » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Dream characters have always been an interesting thing in my dreams. Or should I say lack of. I don't tend to dream of people. If there are things in my dream, they are either fictitious or reflections of people I see every day. Most of the time, they are faceless, since I don't interact with people in non-lucid dreams, and don't really care to look at them. Hence why my brain probably doesn't care to add faces to them. If and when I interact with dream characters. It is mostly revolving around violence or emotional distress. Whether I, or them doing the distressing. There is also a reoccurring element in my dreams of another ''me''. This ''me'' is very violent and tries to stop me when I do normal dream activities. (while non-lucid) I've come to terms this is my instinctual/repressed emotional side that I keep locked up in the waking life. I have Bi-polar and depression.

While in lucid dreams, I have had the opportunity to ask dream characters what they were. They all claimed to be my sub-conscious. Which makes perfect sense. They then continued to ask me questions about who and what I was. They asked things like. ''How do you know your are you?'' or ''How do you know you are dreaming right now?'' I would answer them saying ''I know I am dreaming because I am talking to myself'' or ''We can't fly IRL''. It's a very bizarre phenomena to have a dream where you just talk to your subconscious. It's like when you talk to them you can't lie or hide anything. They know what you are feeling, and are going to say before you do. Almost as if mocking you.
I will answer any questions in PM.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない
XANA
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby XANA » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks

This is an incredible observation that few people make and care to talk about. Lucid dreaming does exhaust some kind of mental energy. I had to quit lucid dreaming for a while to even enjoy sleep anymore. You use just as much of your brain in sleep as you do awake. Lucid dreaming makes your brain work harder than it does while it's awake. Constructing your dream world takes a lot of energy and calories (probably), so its not weird to think it takes energy from you and makes you feel more tired mentally when you wake up.

This will only affect frequent lucid dreamers, and is literally the only side effect to lucid dreaming that I have come across.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない
XANA
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby alister242 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:01 am

Hi Xana. How much energy would you say it takes to just stand and lucidly observe the scene without taking control of it? Is it still more energy/effort than in a normal dream? What if you were having a nightmare or a not-so-comfortable dream... would the extra energy needed to become lucid and calm yourself be worth it?
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby XANA » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:56 am

alister242 wrote:Hi Xana. How much energy would you say it takes to just stand and lucidly observe the scene without taking control of it? Is it still more energy/effort than in a normal dream? What if you were having a nightmare or a not-so-comfortable dream... would the extra energy needed to become lucid and calm yourself be worth it?

You can't lucid dream without some control. Although being semi-lucid (knowing you are dreaming, but not doing anything to change the dream), and staying in the current dream and just being able to do what you want. That takes very little energy to maintain. It also depends on what powers you want to use. If you just want to look by walking, that takes very little energy. But if you wanted to fly, that takes a lot more.

Nightmares are a little different for everyone. For me, they are extreamly easy for me to take control of. I'm pretty sure you get better at it over time. Then it requiring less and less mental energy to do. Lucid dreaming comes naturally eventually for those who suffer from chronic nightmares all the time. Especially growing up.

The stronger the emotions dictating the dream, the harder it is to control.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない
XANA
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:14 am

XANA wrote:

Thanks

This is an incredible observation that few people make and care to talk about. Lucid dreaming does exhaust some kind of mental energy. I had to quit lucid dreaming for a while to even enjoy sleep anymore. You use just as much of your brain in sleep as you do awake. Lucid dreaming makes your brain work harder than it does while it's awake. Constructing your dream world takes a lot of energy and calories (probably), so its not weird to think it takes energy from you and makes you feel more tired mentally when you wake up.

This will only affect frequent lucid dreamers, and is literally the only side effect to lucid dreaming that I have come across.

Why do I wake up feeling rested when I have a Lucid dream, then? With me, I have been a lucid dreamer for most of my life.
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby XANA » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:47 am

Janedoe145 wrote:
XANA wrote:

Thanks

Why do I wake up feeling rested when I have a Lucid dream, then? With me, I have been a lucid dreamer for most of my life.

You probably don't have other sleep problems. Like I said above, its different for everyone. People who try to hard in lucid dreams will have some tiredness over long periods of time. I see the energy as a muscle, that you can exorcise over time. So the more you lucid dream, it will become easier and easier. At least till you exhaust your imagination. Its best to fall on the barrier, and let dreams play out themselves with only some lucidity. That feels amazing.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない
XANA
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby alister242 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Well, there is one thing I definitely want to do... slay this goblin who I think is responsible (symbolically or whatever) for errant negative thoughts when I'm trying to go to sleep a lot of times. One night, while trying to finally suppress my negative thoughts, I had a dream that was not lucid, but was pretty vivid and I could see him in so much detail it was freaky. I've called for his head (in my dream kingdom ;)) and so I think he's in hiding now. But, as soon as I see him again, I want to become lucid and slay him immediately like Conan (the Barbarian, not the comedian ;)
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:03 pm

XANA wrote:The stronger the emotions dictating the dream, the harder it is to control.

I'm not so sure about that: fear obviously dictated my first lucid dream, and it was easy for me to control. :D Maybe my fear wasn't really as strong as I thought it was.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby XANA » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:17 pm

The Cat Whisperer wrote:
XANA wrote:The stronger the emotions dictating the dream, the harder it is to control.

I'm not so sure about that: fear obviously dictated my first lucid dream, and it was easy for me to control. :D Maybe my fear wasn't really as strong as I thought it was.

It really isn't in a dream. As soon as you realize the fear is fake, or a dream. You kinda don't care. Anxiety on the other hand, that can be a downer in a dream.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない
XANA
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Yes, as soon as I realized it was a dream, I wasn't afraid anymore. It started off as a falling dream; when I became lucid, I turned it into a flying dream!
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby jaaron37 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:04 am

In the past, the people in my dreams have acted either strange or "real" depending on the situation. However, I was mostly unable to get a good look at them, even during lucid dreams. It was if I was viewing everyone from the peripheral or walking with my head down. But during the last few months, everything has become a lot more...crisp and I can look directly at people, to the point where I can see their wrinkles and moles. It's kind of jarring when they look you in the eye.
jaaron37
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby XANA » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:39 pm

jaaron37 wrote:In the past, the people in my dreams have acted either strange or "real" depending on the situation. However, I was mostly unable to get a good look at them, even during lucid dreams. It was if I was viewing everyone from the peripheral or walking with my head down. But during the last few months, everything has become a lot more...crisp and I can look directly at people, to the point where I can see their wrinkles and moles. It's kind of jarring when they look you in the eye.

This reflects your outlook on life. ''Seeing'' is one of the weaker senses in dreams. It's more about the touch and feel in dreams. It is like looking through peripheral vision. It takes some practice for things to become crisp and clear. When they do though, it looks a lot more vivid than real life.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない
XANA
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby jaaron37 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 am

XANA wrote:
jaaron37 wrote:In the past, the people in my dreams have acted either strange or "real" depending on the situation. However, I was mostly unable to get a good look at them, even during lucid dreams. It was if I was viewing everyone from the peripheral or walking with my head down. But during the last few months, everything has become a lot more...crisp and I can look directly at people, to the point where I can see their wrinkles and moles. It's kind of jarring when they look you in the eye.

This reflects your outlook on life. ''Seeing'' is one of the weaker senses in dreams. It's more about the touch and feel in dreams. It is like looking through peripheral vision. It takes some practice for things to become crisp and clear. When they do though, it looks a lot more vivid than real life.

Absolutely.
jaaron37
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby alister242 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:20 pm

jaaron37 wrote:
XANA wrote:

Absolutely.

That's interesting. I think I'll try that thing that someone mentioned before that I've done before which is while going to sleep I "look" into the darkness as if there is something there that I cannot yet see until I start noticing those hypnogogic images. That might help things to be more vivid later during dreaming and maybe help me become lucid too.
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby 3snt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:06 am

In I think the 3rd lucid dream I ever had, I was in a SUV with some friends on our way to a party.. I realized I was dreaming and I told them it was just a dream and my friends in the SUV didn't believe me.. It was very strange but awesome at the same time to be asleep but know it's just a dream.. when I'd look at them in the eyes they didn't seem like "nobody was home" kinda thing.. in all my dreams the people in them are very real, just as they are in real life.. I always see and remember the details very well.
3snt
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby jaaron37 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:43 pm

3snt wrote:In I think the 3rd lucid dream I ever had, I was in a SUV with some friends on our way to a party.. I realized I was dreaming and I told them it was just a dream and my friends in the SUV didn't believe me.. It was very strange but awesome at the same time to be asleep but know it's just a dream.. when I'd look at them in the eyes they didn't seem like "nobody was home" kinda thing.. in all my dreams the people in them are very real, just as they are in real life.. I always see and remember the details very well.

I've had a couple of those 'riding in a car' lucid dreams too. The best thing about thing about those is that if for some reason the car crashes, you know you'll wake up.
jaaron37
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby 3snt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Very true! Has that happened to you before in a dream? I haven't ever experienced that.
3snt
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby xdrizzel » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:04 pm

I've confronted dream characters about them being just a part of my subconscious before. They usually seem nonchalant about it. Not like the reaction you'd expect from telling someone they're not real and they're just a part of you.
xdrizzel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby e4c » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:49 am

XANA wrote:While in lucid dreams, I have had the opportunity to ask dream characters what they were. They all claimed to be my sub-conscious. Which makes perfect sense. They then continued to ask me questions about who and what I was. They asked things like. ''How do you know your are you?'' or ''How do you know you are dreaming right now?'' I would answer them saying ''I know I am dreaming because I am talking to myself'' or ''We can't fly IRL''. It's a very bizarre phenomena to have a dream where you just talk to your subconscious. It's like when you talk to them you can't lie or hide anything. They know what you are feeling, and are going to say before you do. Almost as if mocking you.

I just had a dream where i asked a dream character a few questions. I came across a nightclub somewhere in this weird labyrinth of a place i was exploring. When i asked one of the random dream characters what that place was the back and forth went something like:
him: ...its a place where all the collective minds can gather...
me: so these are all real people?
him: some are real some are part of the dream [starts walking away]
me: wait! ...so are you real or part of the dream?
his answer is kind of scrambled in my memory but i do remember it was somewhat confusing and the lil smirk that came with it really made me feel like he was mocking me.

I've also had a chance to ask myself questions in another dream, which just annoyed dream me.
me: hey
dream me: hey
me: sooooooo are you me? or am i you? am i in your dream or are you in mine?...
dream me: [shakes head] shut up! youre dreaming....
me: oh
cant really remember much else from that.

has anyone else here had a dream guide? I had a dream character walk up to me and tell me he was my dream guide. he mentioned that i hadnt had a lucid dream in a while and told me i should start again so i started flying around with what seemed to be other dreamers.
e4c
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby A. B. » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:31 am

My :2cents: : as far as I can remember (my dream recall's gone to pot these last couple of years and I'm not trying to do anything about it until my mental state's improved a bit generally first), if I talked to people in a lucid dream I would generally not get a sensible answer. Sometimes I wouldn't get an answer at all (yes, very like talking to a mindless video game character - good description, Alister), as if my dream hadn't been expecting anyone to ask that question and didn't have an answer ready. Sometimes they would act as if they couldn't understand what I'd said, or they'd answer but it wouldn't make any sense, often not even having any connection to what I'd said.

I remember once I was lucid dreaming and was in the kitchen and there was a heap of chunks of cheese piled against the door into the living room. So I went through into the living room and my parents and my uncle were there (why him anyway? He doesn't live here, we only see him once in a blue moon), so I asked them what all the cheese was doing there, but the only answer I got was "It's for the pans". Exactly as if that explained it! :D

I've sometimes felt more rested and sometimes less after a lucid dream. The most tiring thing of all is when I get into a string of false awakenings, and keep trying to force myself to wake up as I know it's time to get up, but keep ending up in another dream. When I finally wake up I feel like something the cat brought in. So that suggests there's something in XANA's theory; possibly lucid dreaming in itself gives you more energy, but changing things in a dream takes mental effort, so that if you're doing a lot of that it can outweigh the other thing. It makes a kind of sense that forcing yourself to wake might be the most tiring, since you're effectively trying to get rid of the entire dream scene and replace it with something else.

(Maybe our different experiences on that point depend on how much we habitually try to control our lucid dreams? I generally used to just explore and see what happened, since my dreams' efforts tended to be more interesting than anything I could come up with consciously. Sometimes I'd fly or go swimming; that was usually the extent of it.)

Some amazing stories here.
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 am

No, they overact like Anthony Hopkins.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby A. B. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:28 pm

That's a good one. :-) Dreams, they can be good or they can be bad but I've rarely met a boring one. :balloons:
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Jenna Lee » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:40 am

I had this dream the night before last actually, where the home owner remembered me. I've had this dream many times in different forms.

The first, she bought a huge house, we found a huge empty unreconstructed basement.

The second, we found a valuable big blue antique vase and many other things covered in the back of the basement.

The third, I helped her design it and come up with ideas.

The fourth, the one I just had, I walked into this beautiful home, not even knowing it was hers until I saw the basement, it was now furnished and designed like how we planned it she came down and I said "wow you actually did it like we planned!" I forgot what she said back but she remembered me.

This is a great post, I've never thought to ask someone if they know there from a dream.. have to try this next time, Because people do act like bots in my dreams, I'll stop what I'm doing and sit there to watch them continue like an actor.
Jenna Lee
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby small dreamer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:05 pm

e4c wrote:
XANA wrote:While in lucid dreams, I have had the opportunity to ask dream characters what they were. They all claimed to be my sub-conscious. Which makes perfect sense. They then continued to ask me questions about who and what I was. They asked things like. ''How do you know your are you?'' or ''How do you know you are dreaming right now?'' I would answer them saying ''I know I am dreaming because I am talking to myself'' or ''We can't fly IRL''. It's a very bizarre phenomena to have a dream where you just talk to your subconscious. It's like when you talk to them you can't lie or hide anything. They know what you are feeling, and are going to say before you do. Almost as if mocking you.

I just had a dream where i asked a dream character a few questions. I came across a nightclub somewhere in this weird labyrinth of a place i was exploring. When i asked one of the random dream characters what that place was the back and forth went something like:
his answer is kind of scrambled in my memory but i do remember it was somewhat confusing and the lil smirk that came with it really made me feel like he was mocking me.

I've also had a chance to ask myself questions in another dream, which just annoyed dream me.

has anyone else here had a dream guide? I had a dream character walk up to me and tell me he was my dream guide. he mentioned that i hadnt had a lucid dream in a while and told me i should start again so i started flying around with what seemed to be other dreamers.

This is very interesting to me. When I see dream characters in a lucid dream, I tend to ask them, "are you dreaming too?" Most of the time they will vanish, but a few of them don't and as soon as I ask them that, the way they look at me changes, as if they are dreamers who just transitioned from regular dreaming into lucid dreaming. There are a few characters (not kown in real life) that are re-occuring, one that has actually aged since I first met him. I never stay asleep long enough to actually have a conversation with them though. We just kind of look at each other like, "woah, you're real?!" And then I wake up :/
small dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Shinichi Kudo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:43 am

I do not have real people in my dream, I have ghost people, they float around when you walk, when I say that they are in my dream they all reply the same thing (it's kinda boring):"I'm not in your dream, you're in mine."
Shinichi Kudo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Do the ghosts meet shining spirits as in CS Lewis?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Shinichi Kudo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:13 am

Sheena wrote:Do the ghosts meet shining spirits as in CS Lewis?

Sometimes, but not always
Shinichi Kudo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:38 am

So when they do, what do they learn and how do they reform?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Shinichi Kudo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:44 am

Sheena wrote:So when they do, what do they learn and how do they reform?

They look at them without any expression, sometimes they eat them (when they are hungry), the smart people I know always look at them, and then glasses appear on their face from nowhere, they stare at that thing for hours. Sometimes they tell them to follow and sometimes they jump on it and fight with it... :? :?
Shinichi Kudo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:47 am

Not at all like CS Lewis.
If that is part of dream image, it describes Dreamer's inaction and ambivalence. Seeing without perceiving and knowing. Enhanced vision represents need for clearer thinking.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:48 am

Shinichi Kudo wrote:I do not have real people in my dream, I have ghost people, they float around when you walk, when I say that they are in my dream they all reply the same thing (it's kinda boring):"I'm not in your dream, you're in mine."

This may be a layer 0 lucid dream? In the dream, Do you know that you are dreaming?
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:07 pm

This is not mystical. It is the activity of OPFC or DPFC during Stage IV sleep.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:09 pm

A character produced by the mind that appears in your dream. They can range from mindless drones to intellectual equals depending on what purpose they serve in your dream. Some Dream Characters can be seen as more special than the rest, and often what can happen is that some people have what is known as a Dream Guide.
A Dream Guide is a dream character who helps you, and tends to know more about your dream than the average dream character; some believe that it is a manifestation of your subconscious.

small dreamer wrote:
e4c wrote:

This is very interesting to me. When I see dream characters in a lucid dream, I tend to ask them, "are you dreaming too?" Most of the time they will vanish, but a few of them don't and as soon as I ask them that, the way they look at me changes, as if they are dreamers who just transitioned from regular dreaming into lucid dreaming. There are a few characters (not kown in real life) that are re-occuring, one that has actually aged since I first met him. I never stay asleep long enough to actually have a conversation with them though. We just kind of look at each other like, "woah, you're real?!" And then I wake up :/

They sound like Dream Guides, Small Dreamer. It sound like you need to Re-Stabilizing so you wouldn't wake up too fast. ;) :D
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby small dreamer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:46 am

What do you mean re-stableizing? :?:
small dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:59 am

The original description of indistinctness means they are aspects of self poorly understood or accepted. Consider this:
There are many parts of the self that are not acceptable or compatible with the lessons of childhood, and thus are judged negatively and tend to be suppressed. It is in this way that one begins to separate from one's true self . . .
- S. Sideroff and S. Angel in Annals, Summer 2013, p. 73.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sterling » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi there! I'm new to DreamMoods, but I saw this thread and realized this is something that has been on my mind a lot lately.

I used to lucid dream all the time when I was younger (27 now), but went through a long period between my middle teens and early 20's in which I wasn't really able to for some reason. For about the last year and a half it's been happening to me very frequently again. This comes into play in a bit. But here are some things I've noticed about people in lucid dreams:

1. They act intoxicated most of the time.
2. They are irrational and/incoherent quite frequently.
3. If you say anything about "this being a dream" they'll ignore you, or freak out, and then I usually wake up.
4. You'll see them change into other people before you eyes, so to speak.

Except for one person in my life. About, well... A year and a half ago I made a really, really awesome friend at work. We lived on-site where we worked and we'd spend a lot of time together. We were always doing something together, and it was so strange because he is literally like the Yin to my Yang, if that makes any sense. We'd even hang out over our weekends and he, his girlfriend, and I would eat "smarties" and explore cool places here in the PNW. When I see him in lucid dreams there's something really, really peculiar about him. He'll look at me, make direct, burning eye contact and make a funny smirk. The look just says "hey man, guess what?" I'll look at him and notice that he's reserved, calm, collected (like he is IRL) and I'll just get this overwhelming feeling like he knows something he isn't telling me (as an ENFP, you just... You just know these things about people), and he'll examine me carefully with his eyes, as if he's looking for something. If I'm not all ready lucid, this is when I do become lucid. I'll ask him if he knows this is real. He'll maintain eye contact and nod with a smile, or say "yes." I'll then ask him if we're actually, really talking. Again, he'll smile, and nod or say "yes." This is when he'll tell me to follow him, or come with him and we explore the strange dream setting together. Usually he's helping me do something, or to "learn" something. It's a vivid, profound experience whenever this happens for some reason.

The interesting thing is... I've had really, really bizarre dream occurrences with this person in the past. I won't mention it now, since I've gone on long enough. But for the first time in my life, for about the past 8 months I've honestly, truly wondered if it's possible to be "psychic." Looking back at some really out-of-this-world experiences I've had regarding this person; if anyone were "psychic," this guy would fit the bill perfectly.

Funny thing is... he doesn't believe in talking over the phone for really any reason, he'd rather see people face to face, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with him again soon, because I really, really want to try asking him about this somehow!
Sterling
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams