Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Be honest, are lucid dreams really so awesome?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Be honest, are lucid dreams really so awesome?

Postby alister242 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:03 pm

I want to know if a lucid dream is like literally being awake in another world with FULL visual resolution and not just a vague experience. Is it so real-like that you are literally shocked to your core that you are actually fully aware of this rich and complex world? Is it so real it's scary? Or, is it just a so-so experience?

I've had a few lucid dreams but in the end, they didn't knock my socks off. I wasn't blown away by the experience.

Please rate your lucid dream from 1 to 10 (10 being the experience seems a real as real waking life... if not more).
alister242
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Be honest, are lucid dreams really so awesome?

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:15 pm

My first lucid dream shocked me to my core because I hadn't thought I could be lucky enough to lucid dream. It was scary until I became lucid: it was a falling dream. After I became lucid, I had some fun with it and flew. :D The funny thing is I can fly in my dreams, but I can't teleport in them. :? And I don't always have control; one dream character had a mind of her own! :lol: But it was a good dream anyway: it helped me gain closure.

For me, the moment of lucidity is exhilarating! :wideeye: I rate my lucid dreams as 7. Some seemed very real, while others were definitely dreamlike. I enjoyed most of them.
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Impatient Dreamer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:04 am

I'm new to this site and the world of dreams. What brought me here was the curiosity of having someone special in my dreams. I've been seeing him in my dreams alot and he doesn't come in my dreams anymore, but I'm missing him as hell! So I just heard about Lucid Dreaming. I think I should give it a try, but I don't even know the L of Lucid dreaming! Tonight, I'll try it, I don't particularly know what to do, but I'll give it a shot. My friend told me to do these following steps:
-Dream while you are tired
-Lay down in a log position, and don't change sides
-Don't sleep, just think you are dreaming and keep thinking that you want to dream this specific thing.
-Don't sleep.
The last thing sounds crazy to me, how in the hell can I dream unless I'm asleep???? :? My question is that does this Lucid Dreaming hurt you in any way? I am kinda afraid that what if the "Insidious" movie thing happens to me???? LOL! :D :D What if I don't wake up at all? :o :P Please do help me people!

P.S: Just so you know, that "someone special" has passed away.

-Very anxious to Lucid dream.
Impatient Dreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby 1fishy1 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:42 am

10/10, Lucid dreams are pretty awesome.

They aren't all going to be spectacular but they are overall good. Dreams are very realistic. It may vary but I can taste food I eat, feel the stuff I touch and smell aromas in the dreams.

I've always had lucid dreams and I've rarely had a none-lucid dream. My dreams usually are fun adventures. With time and practice, you can do all sorts of fun things in your dreams.
1fishy1
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Ric-Ultima » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:09 am

Falling into a lucid sleep is half the battle if you're a light sleeper. Try to avoid myoclonic jerks with your actual body when in a lucid state and try to keep your excitement in the brain. Any movement of the body may jolt you awake. That is probably why you can't teleport but you can fly.
Ric-Ultima
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby xdrizzel » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:46 pm

A full on lucid dream will shock you to you're core man. It's like an alternate reality inside of your head. I couldn't get over to myself in the dreams cape that my subconscious was actually powerful enough to produce such imagery and thought while I was asleep. Just living in my brain.
xdrizzel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams