Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Lava...Death of Family Members

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Lava...Death of Family Members

Postby linlukel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:05 pm

I had the most lucid dream last night. I dreamt I was at my mother-in-laws house and we heard an explosion. We ran outside and saw the explosion behind the hills in her back yard. A few seconds later a "tower" of lava shot up about 100 feet in the air. ***Digressing for a moment, our former home (next door to my mom-in-laws) burnt down about a year ago and has since been tore down. My sister-in-law and her husband lived in the home before us.** After I saw the lava shoot into the air I ran next door to our old home (still standing yet burned in the dream) to warn my sister-in-law and her husband about the eruption. But they refused to leave and the lava poured into the house..I saw them burn alive. I ran back to my mother-in-laws to get her out of the house but she refused to leave her home. The lava then poured into her house and I saw her burn alive. I ran to my car and raced to my house to get my kids (MY mother then appeared in my car). My mom and I ran into my house and started getting my kids and for some reason started grabbing clothes. My mother took my two youngest children out to the car and I ran into my basement to get my oldest daughter. I expressed strongly to her that we had to move quickly, the lava was coming. The paint on the walls on the basement began to bubble and our shoes were melting to floor, but she kept acting "non-shalont." She was delibrately moving slow and what I remember as "putsing" around.....Then I woke up. In the dream I remember saying out-loud "I wish I was dreaming." It was so real and terrifying at the same time. The very odd part of the dream was that my husband was not there and he did not even cross my mind...that scares me as well. F
linlukel

Re: Lava...Death of Family Members

Postby missellie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:07 am

Lava means anger, the house is your inner self and seeing your family members burning is suppressed feelings of anger and not wanting or rebelling against change or a situation in your life.
What in your waking life is making you feel angry inside and you feel that you have no control over a situation? the strong walls of your inner self are burning down, your husband not being there could mean he is the reason for your anger and that your family are not listening to you when you warn them of the lava flow. Or it could be suppressed anger towards your family for some situation in your waking life.
Your mother is there to help you and you can save your youngest children, you have control there in your waking life your older daughter does not make the transition easy she too is dragging her feet. Let me know if I am getting there or way off track. Ellie XXX
missellie
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby miketea99 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 am

First of all, I don't know what your dream means, but this particular dream you posted was the reason i registered. I have had basically the same dream last week. i think it was Wednesday or Thursday I'm not sure. In my dream i was in my childhood home, a home that was recently sold, with my mother and my sister. my mother had a sad look on her face and said she was leaving. she had her bags and she just disappeared. That's when i received a cal from my father saying that there was a volcano outside [this call was not on a phone, i just kind of heard him]. i looked out of the front window and saw in the distance a huge volcano spewing lava. [Now this is the freaky part] I was panicking and the first thing i did was [get this!] grab some clothes. I saw that the fields and trees were burning and the river of lava was coming directly towards the house. I was trying to convey with all my might to get my sister to hurry up because she would die if she didn't, but she was very nonchalant about the whole thing. she was just meandering around as usual. The lava was now at the front porch and i knew then there was nothing i could do for her, so i ran out the backdoor, leaving her behind. i escaped and never looked back. then i woke up!

The creepy thing is, we basically had the same dream around the same time. I wonder what does that mean? are there others?
miketea99

Postby missellie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:07 am

Clothes are symbolic of how you show yourself to the world, like a mask, by grabbing your clothes even in a crisis shows emotionally you need to maintain that persona, it could be as a protection so that no one will be able to see the real you behind the clothes/mask.
Both of you in your waking life have deep rooted emotions that are ready to surface, you could have kept them hidden for a long period of time. In your case your mother leaving in the dream could mean you are looking at the past but your thoughts are negative and they are not helping you to go forward. Was there an issue or feeling in your past life of abandonment, the two main characters are your sister and mother, both could be the female side of your psych your nuturing side whether it involves your mother or sister or your own feelings about being abandoned by a female I am not sure. I am still learning does this help.

Either that or you both have forcast a future volcanic eruption!!!! Ellie XXX
missellie
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Lucid Dreams