Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Control Over Time?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Control Over Time?

Postby Hypocrite » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:51 pm

I was having a dream, and it was similar to normal life only there was a large crowd outside of my house, just sitting, not waiting for anything. About 10 minutes (dream time) into the dream I asked myself whether it was a dream, and realized it was! However, unlike some lucid dreams where I'm basically God, I only had control over time, and as you know dreams are timeless, this dream only took an hour but I somehow made it a month. And life in the dream just went on, there were times when I was bored and such. I'm a guy who usually spends a lot of my time on the computer, but in the dream I knew there weren't consequences so I did anything I'd want to do in the real world and walked around the "world" in my dream. By the end, I was eating peanut butter cookies that I made and a person outside in the crowd yells out "HEY FAT ASS!" I knew it was a dream and knew there weren't consequences so I was going to kill the person, but instead i started dancing and woke up in a very good mood.
Hypocrite

Re: Control Over Time?

Postby conni » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi, thanx for sharing that. You seem to have a lot of control in your dream state. Do you have this ability in most of your dreams? :wave:
conni

Postby CaramelFlame » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Oh wow thats some awesome control there. How long did it take you to achieve? Or was it usually like this from the start??
CaramelFlame
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Hypocrite » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:49 pm

It took me about two years until I could at least do that(yeah, I tried to achieve controllable lucid dreams), although it rarely happens. But still, it's limited power, but amazing at that. I've had other dreams where I have unlimited power and have the power to change reality, but those are very short. One time, I had a dream where there was a TV with faces on it as if it was haunted. I yell out "Stop haunting that TV!" and just then I realize it's a dream and point at the TV thus exploding it. The explosion was very beautiful, confetti went everywhere and I annihilated everything into a blue void, eventually waking up. For some reason I see the color blue a lot in my dreams, by the way this dream happened about 3 months ago.
Hypocrite

Postby RoseBlue » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 pm

The mind is a very powerful thing if we believe hard enough that we can achieve something we will. I never really tried to control time in a dream but I would often know when I would wake or what time it was during the night.

However I am one of those when I can't sleep I look at the clock and lose sleep so I didn't look at the clock and tell myself that I would get 8 hours of sleep instead of six and it would feel like I slept eight. Its pretty awesome that you can do that in your dreams!!!!!!
RoseBlue
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Hypocrite » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:37 am

As a matter of fact in that dream, I was unsure to whether the time in the dream was the time in the real world.
Hypocrite

Postby RoseBlue » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Well it is possible to get real time in dreams.
RoseBlue
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Lucid Dreams