Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

avoiding nightmares

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

avoiding nightmares

Postby Lml01 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:25 am

The best thing about a lucid dream for me is being able to control what could be a nasty development so I can keep myself safe and prevent the dream from becoming a nightmare. Its incredible. Eg. I was on a crowded elevator one dream and I imagined what would happen if the cables snapped and the elevator either crashed to the ground or shot up through the roof and which would feel worse (butterflies in the stomach). I managed to tell myself that it would best if we went skyward so we wouldnt have that awful falling feeling and somehow I managed to stop the elevator from breaking altogether. I remembered in the dream when I had read a newspaper article that told of a construction crew of men who had this exact experience - the cables breaking and the elevator soaring upward - and they died this way.
Ive controlled dreams where I am running away from wild animals and they dont catch me or they see me but arent a threat so i dont have to run.
Those of us lucky enough to be able to have lucid dreams have it made! :cabbagepatch:
Lml01
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams