Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Should age matter in a relationship...

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

Should age matter in a relationship...

Postby kaligirl001 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Me and some friends were talking the other day about the age difference in some relationships and whats acceptable or not when it was brought up that some people have a real issue with a big age difference in a relationship. So what do you feel is a good age difference? And who do you think should be the older person in a relationship? (Man, woman, don't matter?)

Me and my guy are only a year apart and happy, but on the other hand I know people who have a 13 year age difference and have been happily married for a little over 20 years... I used to have a rule for myself that I wouldn't get with anyone who was more than 5 years older than me and no more than 1 year younger than me but with my last bf he was 10 years older than me, ya sure that relationship failed but it didn't have anything to do with age... One of my friends is with someone 7 years older than her... And my dad is with a woman who is 2 years older than him.

For some reason the older I get the less I seem to care about the age difference, it used to bug me when people would be with people so much older or younger than themselves but now I generally don't care, with the exception, if the person you are with is old enough to be your mother or father that's where it really bugs me.
Beauty is not defined by the size of your jeans, so if you don't look like a Ken doll, don't expect me to look like Barbie!
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Should age matter in a relationship...

Postby BLUE » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Depends on the people of course. My sister and her husband are 17 years apart and happily married. :)
"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free" -Michelangelo
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby SamZee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I think it's impossible to postulate a rigid, unchanging system of rules as it pertains to age difference. For the very simple reason that Blue stated, implying that everyone's different, the variables are infinite. The "ifs, ands, and buts" are different for everyone, so there can be no universally shared understanding of this.

As a very spiritually-inclined person, especially one who firmly believes in reincarnation, age is nothing to me. But while I recognize that the numbers themselves hold no meaning, I also recognize that sometimes they can. Rather, they can be indicative of things. The fact that I see it both ways reaffirms my earlier point that it's a case-to-case type of deal. I think it's shallow when people measure value by age. They over-correlate age with experience and development. Sometimes it's to the point that they'll even look down on you for dating someone younger for example. Why are we so bent on the subjectivity of "value"? Why do we view these things hierarchically? It's crap. The only thing that truly matters to me is identity. Everything is rooted in identity -- in the totality of one's being. In that way, it's the only thing that really matters. I think a lot of people tend to forget that. They have distorted perceptions which prevent them from being objective and that is the main problem.

I'm not saying that no lines should be drawn. I'm saying that people need to remember what's real. Hell my parents are 20 years apart. That's pretty rare though. Their marriage definitely is anomalous.

Sometimes though, people actively seek out partners who are older or younger. A 30-year-old dude looking to date a girl in high-school is generally an enormous red-flag. These types of relationships are codependent in a way. They often spring from distorted perceptions of Self -- viewing yourself as below or above others. I admit that I generally view the 30-year-old hitting on teenagers as being very immature, and the same of the girl who thinks she's better than everyone her age.
Trailer: http://youtu.be/SJZ8wZrCCv0
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby Jeff_in_Time » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 am

Not if peeps are of age and they are not related.
I wouldn't date over 10 years over my own age, and I'd not date younger by 2 years. But that is my own choice so far.
If they have chemistry, why not?
Jeff_in_Time
J'effing Cool
J'effing Cool

Postby SmileAreSexy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 am

I dont think it matters. Lots of people date with big age differences. As long as its not like pedophilia then its ok.

This is where I get stuck. I think it would be o.k for my age, 15, to date an 18 year old. (I had a birthday but didnt tell you guys about it -__-' sorry) But some of my family disagrees and others are ok as long as there wasn't sex involved. I dont think age matters. It's the person inside ya know :/
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker

Postby Seria » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Well I think it matters how mature the two people are really. If their on a good road and not being stupid about it, I think it's okay. But if they're not good, you know, like children, then parent's should step in and say that it's not right, and they have a problem with it. Talking to people about things with people and being straight with them usually helps I've noticed.
Seria
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby kaligirl001 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah when the youngest person is still in school it seems to create the biggest problem, for example when I was 15 I really liked a guy who was 20 and people flipped out that the age difference was to big for someone my age, but I graduated when I was 17 and in the summer after I graduated my own father introduced me to my ex who was 10 years older than me and people were more accepting of it... and now I'm 20 and people keep saying if I wasn't with my current boyfriend that me and this other guy who is 12 years older than me would make the perfect couple, its like the older you get the easier it is for people to accept an age gap.

Like you guys have said I don't think it matters as long as the people involved are happy and safe, but its definitely not for everyone in my opinion.
Beauty is not defined by the size of your jeans, so if you don't look like a Ken doll, don't expect me to look like Barbie!
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Seria » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Agreed. It's not for most people really... My boyfriend is only 6 years older than me, and we're both doing fantastically. It's not much I know but he has a real head on his shoulder's and wont go for an immature woman... I'm lucky! :heartpump:
It only seems like a dream... But in reality it's only the best thing to ever happen to me! Life is good. Peace. Love. Happiness.
Seria
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Bubbydoll » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I don't think it should matter as much as some people make it matter, if consenting adults and the female or male is independent. I would date some in their early 40's and I am 24 yo, but that is as old as I would prolly go for myself, and I would never date even a year younger than me. I have always dated older than me, my sweetie is about 5 years older.
"There's no time for us
There's no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams
Yet slips away from us"
Bubbydoll
Bubby-Licious!
Bubby-Licious!

Postby mystichuntress » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Well, I suppose it depends on the people. And the age of the couple.
I mean, a 7 year age difference between, say, a 30yr old and a 37yr old doesn't seem that great. But if it's a 7 year age difference between a 22 year old and a 15year old, that's when you should get worried.
I agree, it does get disturbing if your partner is old enough to be your mother/father.
The best thing about unrequited love is it's the only kind that lasts.
mystichuntress
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby kaligirl001 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I see you all have generally the same views on as long as there adults its ok... So let me ask you guys this, how old dose a person have to be for you to consider them an adult? I know different places around the world have different ideas of adulthood so what age do you think makes you an adult?

I know where I live if a person is under 16 then the person there dating needs parental consent if there over 18 or else it can be treated like a crime, but if the youngest person is 17 then it cant... So technically I guess the government thinks 17 is an age people can make there own choices... But yet they still don't consider you an adult till your 18/19 depending on where in the country you live (18/19 is the legal drinking age, you can buy lotto tickets, vote, ect.)... In my eyes I kind of feel this is a good way of looking at it, until your 16 you can pick who you want as long as your parents or guardians approve, and at 17 and up you have the freedom to make your own choices but its up to you to be responsible and make good choices (Not always going to be easy!)
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Guardian7347 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:49 am

I'm confused kali...where do you live? 18 is the legal age of adulthood in the US, but the drinking age isn't until 21.

As for the actual question....age is relative. The older you get, the less the age gap matters. With younger people, a five year age gap matters quite a bit, but by 30, five years are nothing. It boils down to life experience and where you are in your life. If you're 15 dating a 20 yo, that person has 25% more life experience on you. Considering you don't really begin developing your own identity until your teens anyway, that's even more. One personality can be drowned out by another if it hasn't had time to really flourish yet. After 20'ish(depending on the person), they've got some real life experience under their belt. After 20, I'd say all bets are off as far as the age gap goes. After that it depends on the strengths and weaknesses of personality between the two people. I personally wouldn't recommend looking beyond 10-15 years. After that point, you'll have very little in common. Different generation altogether. No musical commonalities, completely different styles of parenting used, etc.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Guardian7347
The Legend
The Legend

Postby kaligirl001 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Guardian7347 wrote:I'm confused kali...where do you live? 18 is the legal age of adulthood in the US, but the drinking age isn't until 21.

I live in Canada, and like the US 18 is the legal age of adulthood, but in some provinces the legal drinking age is 18 and in the rest its 19, unlike in the states where the legal drinking age is 21. I have listed below what each provinces legal drinking age is.

Alberta 18
Manitoba 18
Quebec 18
British Columbia 19
New Brunswick 19
Newfoundland and Labrador 19
Northwest Territories 19
Nova Scotia 19
Nunavut 19
Ontario 19
Prince Edward Island 19
Saskatchewan 19
Yukon 19
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SamZee » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Please excuse my stupidity. I thought the "Kali" actually meant "Cali." You know, like California. :p Is that just another way of spelling your name?
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby kaligirl001 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:25 pm

SamZee wrote:Please excuse my stupidity. I thought the "Kali" actually meant "Cali." You know, like California. :p Is that just another way of spelling your name?

Not stupid at all, its a totally reasonable mistake... If I wasn't me I probably would of thought the same thing.

haha Actually my name kind of has a story behind it... My real name actually isn't even close to Kali or Cali. When I was little (around grade 2) my friend had a cat named Kali and we were talking about her one day at school and a couple kids in grade 1 thought that it was my name and started calling me Kali every time they seen me in the hall or out on the playground, I never had the heart to tell them it wasn't, plus it was kinda funny, so my friends as a joke started calling me Kaligirl and it just kinda stuck haha. So all my childhood friends still call me Kaligirl.
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SamZee » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Ahah, that's an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it and for the clarification. =]
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby gargoylegoil » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:18 am

My BF is 8 years older than me, I see no problem with that difference.
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly

Postby Guardian7347 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 am

SamZee wrote:Please excuse my stupidity. I thought the "Kali" actually meant "Cali." You know, like California. :p Is that just another way of spelling your name?
Don't feel bad brother, I made the same mistake. If I'd paid more attention, I would have noticed she has it listed below her avatar as living in Canada. Sorry about the assumption Kali, thanks for kindly clarifying that for me.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Guardian7347
The Legend
The Legend

Postby gargoylegoil » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 am

That was a cute story :D
gargoylegoil

Postby perfect_insanity » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 pm

My ex was 15 years older than me. We did have stuff in common, he just acted like a child. So he is 42, but acted like he was 4. That's one of the many reasons we split. Me personally? I have always been into older men. Them having to be at-least 10 years older than me. I already know the reason why and I've come to accept it. There are other reasons why and I base my choices off those, not the real reason. I mostly find men my age very emotionally/mentally immature. Though I will not say men older aren't either, because some are. I'm just basing this off my personal experiences. So, I don't have any issues with age differences. If he doesn't either? We get along good.
TOTAL BITCH! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

http://www.davidmichaeldraiman.com

perfect_insanity
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby kaligirl001 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Guardian7347 wrote:
Don't feel bad brother, I made the same mistake. If I'd paid more attention, I would have noticed she has it listed below her avatar as living in Canada. Sorry about the assumption Kali, thanks for kindly clarifying that for me.

Not a problem... Its a innocent mistake.

Ya I used to think if I dated an older guy he would be more mature than a guy my age but I have found that isn't always the case. Sadly I know more guys in there 20's that are more mature then some of the guys I know in there 30's.
I think as long as you find a lifestyle balance and similar views on things with someone then the age difference shouldn't matter.
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SamZee » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 pm

kaligirl001 wrote:I know more guys in there 20's that are more mature then some of the guys I know in there 30's.
I think as long as you find a lifestyle balance and similar views on things with someone then the age difference shouldn't matter.

This. :clap:
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby perfect_insanity » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Well, you live in Canada. Not the US. So the guys there are different. Lol. Cuz the "mature" 20 yos arent here.

perfect_insanity
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby kaligirl001 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 pm

perfect_insanity wrote:Well, you live in Canada. Not the US. So the guys there are different. Lol. Cuz the "mature" 20 yos arent here.

haha Well we have a bunch of REALLY immature guys in there 20's to, it really depends on which guys you meet haha. I was more talking about some of my personal friends, and friends of friends haha.
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Guardian7347 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Kali and PI, you both make very good arguments for why some date older men, and why that doesn't always work. Typically, women go for older guys for the maturity, and to some degree, security. Older men are generally more stable and settled than younger men. They usually know what it is they're looking for too. Again, this isn't always the case, and there are younger men who also fit this profile. I fully agree that age is of little consequence past a certain age, I just don't think it's a good idea for someone in their teens to date much outside their age bracket.
Guardian7347
The Legend
The Legend

Postby gargoylegoil » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 am

Guardian7347 wrote:Kali and PI, you both make very good arguments for why some date older men, and why that doesn't always work. Typically, women go for older guys for the maturity, and to some degree, security. Older men are generally more stable and settled than younger men. They usually know what it is they're looking for too. Again, this isn't always the case, and there are younger men who also fit this profile. I fully agree that age is of little consequence past a certain age, I just don't think it's a good idea for someone in their teens to date much outside their age bracket.

I agree with that Guardian ;)
gargoylegoil

Postby jojo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:14 am

I say no if it isn't some creeper perv relationship where the guy or woman is 50 and the other is 15.

Some people who are younger are very mature and want more than drinking and drugging/partying, and like culture and conversation, so why not date older?
The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.
jojo
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby perfect_insanity » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 am

Guardian7347 wrote:Kali and PI, you both make very good arguments for why some date older men, and why that doesn't always work. Typically, women go for older guys for the maturity, and to some degree, security. Older men are generally more stable and settled than younger men. They usually know what it is they're looking for too. Again, this isn't always the case, and there are younger men who also fit this profile. I fully agree that age is of little consequence past a certain age, I just don't think it's a good idea for someone in their teens to date much outside their age bracket.

Exactly. I won't lie and say it worked with me and my ex because it didn't. We had common ground in a lot of areas, but that meant shit based on the rest of the relationship. Anyways, love can't determine age, color, gender, etc... Love just is.

perfect_insanity
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby jojo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:17 am

perfect_insanity wrote: Anyways, love can't determine age, color, gender, etc... Love just is.

Nice, decided to to quote you. :clap:
The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.
jojo
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby TyFields91 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 am

I think it all depends on your age. Like you said the older you get the less you seem to care about age difference. I an 20 and i am a few months older then my BF. But, when i was 17 i did date a guy who was 23 years old. It didn't work out because i was still in high school and he was working/ going to bars alot. I think it just depends on your age really. Everybody is different though!
TyFields91
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby sweetshar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Age doesn't matter at all as long as both partners understand each other. There are some couples out there that have an almost 20 years gap but still there relationship is stronger than the young ones. And if love that unites them is the reason, then age can't give any reason to spill there feelings out.. :)
No need to copy your way of living and paste it to mine.
I'm exactly not the perfect one but i could be that lucky still, by the way of who i am.
sweetshar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Adityasb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 am

Hi kaligirl,
they say 'love is blind'. So age difference is on longer visible if the love between the two persons is real.
What makes the relationship work, is true unselfish love and trust. The more cunning someone try to get in a relationship (thinking of being smart), the more disastrous the relationship can get.
Age difference will only affect the couple socialy especially if it is uncommon in the area.
The first step towards success is to dream.
Adityasb
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Benji2991 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 am

Removed
Last edited by Benji2991 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Benji2991
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby perfect_insanity » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:17 am

wow, you're dating a 14 year old? Her parents aren't concerned? Uhm, not to be rude or anything, but wtf do you have in common with someone who probably just got her period? That's a little disconcerting....

perfect_insanity
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby sayuri » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 am

I really don't think age matters in a relationship. After all its not the age you fall in love with but the person deep down :)
"The fairy poet takes a sheet
Of moonbeam, silver white;
His ink is dew from daisies sweet,
His pen a point of light."
~Joyce Kilmer
sayuri
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby SamZee » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 pm

perfect_insanity wrote:wow, you're dating a 14 year old?
He said that was 2 years ago. Now he's almost 20 and she's almost 16.

perfect_insanity wrote:wtf do you have in common with someone who probably just got her period? That's a little disconcerting....
I believe I can answer that question for him. Actually, I already did in my earlier post but I shall reiterate. To those like Benji and myself, what matters is who you are, not what you are. It's about one's true identity which is much deeper than the Ego.

Benji2991 wrote:Yes age does matter in a relationship, but it only matters to those who judge others before knowing the facts of the relationship
:clap:
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby perfect_insanity » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:25 pm

I know if my 16 year old was dating a 20 year old, I'd beat him to death with a baseball bat. She aint even fuckin legal to make decisions. The ages we're talking about (the rest of us) are AFTER legal adulthood. She is still in highschool while he graduated awhile back ago.

perfect_insanity
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SamZee » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:41 pm

As you know, 16 is legal with parental consent. And the thread is called "Should age matter in a relationship." Not, "Does age matter after 18."

No one's advocating illegal sex with minors. We're also not advocating relationships of 20:16. Benji and myself are just offering a perspective that transcends the arbitrary, and often, distorted standards of society. For someone who dated a man 15 years older than herself, I'm surprised that you would crucify someone like Benji, who has dated 4 years younger than himself. I know full well that the difference is larger the younger you are. But even while taking that into account, your difference was nearly 4 times that of his, so I would think you could spare him a little slack. Clearly it's not a situation of him taking advantage of her, and it comes back to what I was talking about before. The thing that it should all boil down to -- and that is identity.
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby perfect_insanity » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 pm

SamZee wrote:As you know, 16 is legal with parental consent. And the thread is called "Should age matter in a relationship." Not, "Does age matter after 18."

No one's advocating illegal sex with minors. We're also not advocating relationships of 20:16. Benji and myself are just offering a perspective that transcends the arbitrary, and often, distorted standards of society. For someone who dated a man 15 years older than herself, I'm surprised that you would crucify someone like Benji, who has dated 4 years younger than himself. I know full well that the difference is larger the younger you are. But even while taking that into account, your difference was nearly 4 times that of his, so I would think you could spare him a little slack. Clearly it's not a situation of him taking advantage of her, and it comes back to what I was talking about before. The thing that it should all boil down to -- and that is identity.

OMFG, you must be the most dense person EVER! 16 is not legal with parent consent, you moron. It's statutory rape. No girl under 17 (18 some places) can consent to sex.

No one's advocating illegal sex with minors.

Uhm what the fuck do you think he got with her for? so she can have a date to prom? Uhm most guys in their 18+ are at their prime/peak for wanting sex. Dumbass.

Clearly it's not a situation of him taking advantage of her

Uh right. You know this how? Are ya not fucking reading the same thing as me?!??! SHE WAS FUCKIN 14 YEARS OLD AND HE WAS 18 WHEN THEY GOT TOGETHER. Let me underline and bold that so your obviously old eyes can catch on. NAME ONE FUCKING GOOD REASON WHY AN 18 YEAR OLD WOULD GET WITH A 14 YEAR OLD? I got one! More likely to be a virgin AND more gullible. DUH! If you try telling me these two never fucked then I'm the fucking Queen of England.

For someone who dated a man 15 years older than herself, I'm surprised that you would crucify someone like Benji, who has dated 4 years younger than himself.

Uhhhhhhh I was 21 fuckin years old. Well over the LEGAL age of country wide (the USA) requirements.

But even while taking that into account, your difference was nearly 4 times that of his, so I would think you could spare him a little slack.

Again. I was of legal age. Thank you.

perfect_insanity
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby kaligirl001 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:11 pm

perfect_insanity wrote:
SamZee wrote:As you know, 16 is legal with parental consent. And the thread is called "Should age matter in a relationship." Not, "Does age matter after 18."

OMFG, you must be the most dense person EVER! 16 is not legal with parent consent, you moron. It's statutory rape. No girl under 17 (18 some places) can consent to sex.

Actually SamZee is right... Like I posted a few posts up, 16 is the age of consent (at lease it is in Canada) and for a while the government was even debating on whether it should be 14 or 16 but they stayed at 16. Obviously no one except for teens themselves would approve of teens having sex, but in reality, unless you lock them in there rooms and never let them leave your sight till they are legal your not going to stop them... So the best thing to do is educate them early in life on what sex is and how to be safe, teach them self value and they might just wait till there a little older if they respect themselves. With the way tv and internet is in today's world kids are being exposed to sex a lot sooner than they used to be, but parents are still waiting till there kid is 14 or older to have the sex talk with them which in some cases is to late. That being said, teens are going to do what there going to do, no matter what someone tells them or what there ages are. If it was two 14 year olds or two 18 year olds or a 14 year old and an 18 year old, its going to happen. We were all teens once and we all know that if your parents tell you not to be with someone, it just makes you want that person more.

Anyways, the question has nothing to do with teens having sex, it was "Should age matter in a relationship" not "Should age matter with young people having sex" That's a different subject for a different section.
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby mystichuntress » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:21 pm

In New Zealand, 16 is the legal age.
So my friends and I like to joke that if anyone older than 16 (say, a 20-year-old) were to date anyone younger than 16, we call it "paedophilic behaviour". Because it does appear that the older person in the relationship is taking advantage of the younger person.
I think the main concern here is that parents worry. Everyone worries if you're young and dating someone older than you because they think you're being used. I remember when my friend (who was 15 at the time) told me she kissed a 21 year old guy at a party, I got really worried because I thought he was drunk and making advances on her. Turns out I read the whole situation wrong. :lol:

But I agree with previous comments. The older you are, the less the age gap matters because you're more mature and have more life experience.

And I made the same mistake of thinking "Kali" in "Kaligirl" meant "California" :banghead: Thank you for correcting me.
mystichuntress
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SamZee » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:46 pm

I'm not even going to reply to that. It's clear that no amount of setting the record straight will change anything, even if I told you that I meant no offense. But this is what I get for backing someone up -- fuckin' sniped.
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby mystichuntress » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 pm

?? I wasn't arguing with you or anything and I hadn't meant to offend. As a matter of fact, I hadn't even read the previous 10-15 posts, I only glossed over them.
mystichuntress
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby kaligirl001 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:06 pm

SamZee wrote:I'm not even going to reply to that. It's clear that no amount of setting the record straight will change anything, even if I told you that I meant no offense. But this is what I get for backing someone up -- fuckin' sniped.

SamZee, was this directed at me, Mystichuntress or Perfect_insanity? Because I said you were right, and Mystichuntress was just saying the laws are the same there as they are in Canada, and that sometimes a relationship between a young person and an older person can be misunderstood... So unless your post was in response to Perfect_insanity's post I'm not sure why your upset?
kaligirl001
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby VenusInChains » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:06 pm

perfect_insanity wrote:I know if my 16 year old was dating a 20 year old, I'd beat him to death with a baseball bat. She aint even fuckin legal to make decisions. The ages we're talking about (the rest of us) are AFTER legal adulthood. She is still in highschool while he graduated awhile back ago.

You have a 16 year old, but your profile says your age is 27. So that either means you had your child when you were 11 years old, OR you are lying about your age (and possibly the fact you even have a child)
I was here
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Benji2991 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:39 am

Removed
Last edited by Benji2991 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benji2991
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby JeremyM » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 am

Man, insanity what is up with you folks from Texas on this website? Makes me think your friend in your Rant thread is Greenhavoc. Both throw out that moron line on here.

Kali- IMO he was addressing insanity.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
JeremyM
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby mystichuntress » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 am

Go Benji! Way to tell her off! *You just got told*
When someone shares something with you and you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. We want to keep the forums a pleasant place for everyone.
mystichuntress
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Guardian7347 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 am

VenusInChains wrote:
perfect_insanity wrote:I know if my 16 year old was dating a 20 year old, I'd beat him to death with a baseball bat. She aint even fuckin legal to make decisions. The ages we're talking about (the rest of us) are AFTER legal adulthood. She is still in highschool while he graduated awhile back ago.

You have a 16 year old, but your profile says your age is 27. So that either means you had your child when you were 11 years old, OR you are lying about your age (and possibly the fact you even have a child)
Easy does it. She was talking in theoretical terms, not literal. For clarity, she should have said "I know if I had a 16 year old daughter and she was dating a 20 year old...."
Guardian7347
The Legend
The Legend

Postby Guardian7347 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 am

mystichuntress wrote:Go Benji! Way to tell her off! *You just got told*
When someone shares something with you and you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. We want to keep the forums a pleasant place for everyone.
Mary, Mary quite contrary....I can't help but notice you say you want to keep the forums pleasant for everyone immediately after cheering on Benji's venomous diatribe. And what prompted this tirade? She wasn't supportive of his actions.
Here's the problem. She's allowed to disagree with his behavior. She's allowed to STRONGLY disagree with him. She can call him a pedo if she wants. The fact is, she was very civil about her initial statement, and he called her a bitch for it. So who is the one who needs to shut the fuck up and disappear if they can't handle an open discussion?
Guardian7347
The Legend
The Legend

Next

Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice