Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Feelings when crushing?

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

Feelings when crushing?

Postby G1r9e9e9n » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:16 pm

I hear people can have crushes for years. I think I might have my first and only realized it two days ago. I feel like I'm gonna throw up all the time and it seems as though millions of butterflies are in my stomach. It is a HORRIBLE feeling and it only goes away when I am around him. It's probably because we are good freinds and I was never nervous around him before. Is this a normal feeling when crushing on someone? If so how do you cope with it? Could it be true love? I really just need answers. Thanks!
G1r9e9e9n
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Feelings when crushing?

Postby SamZee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:18 pm

"Normal" is such a subjective and relative word. Just cause a lot of people experience something, doesn't mean it's good for them.

I remember when I was in my early teen years. There was this one girl who I was completely hung up on -- Emily. I could never describe just how crazy I was about her. I was so bent on being with her that it only got worse with time -- much worse. I even told her everything. Spilled my guts to her cause I couldn't contain it anymore. Well that only made it worse, cause she knew, and still it didn't matter. It went on for so long and seemed to get worse by the day. I was literally a martyr to myself. I suffered and agonized over her more than I could possibly describe. My god I spent just about every waking moment thinking about her in pain. It was so extreme. So emotionally damaging.

Yes it was a life-changing experience. Yes I came out of it a different person, but I don't know if I've ever completely forgiven myself for allowing it to become that severe. The point is, you don't want to put someone on a pedestal like that. You shouldn't look up at them in any way. I had no self-worth or self-love, and so I sought to fill that emptiness with her but it doesn't work that way. So ask yourself. Do you want it so badly because you feel empty? Because you feel unhappy?

I can't tell you what's normal and what's not. All I can tell you is that you're experiencing this pain for a reason, and that usually means that something inside you needs to change.
Trailer: http://youtu.be/SJZ8wZrCCv0
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby G1r9e9e9n » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 am

Umm..... Your comment didn't really help. I'm pretty sure I'm not obsessed just really surprised since I never liked or wanted to like anyone before. Plus it could be bugging even more because he has been my friend for a long time and I never had feelings for him before.
G1r9e9e9n
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby SamZee » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 am

Yes I may have gotten a bit carried away with my own story. My point is, what your feeling is to be expected. Especially if it's your first major crush. Just don't let it get out of hand. Don't let it become too painful and affect your life so much.
Trailer: http://youtu.be/SJZ8wZrCCv0
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby G1r9e9e9n » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 am

Thanks this helps more and isn't as confusing.
G1r9e9e9n
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby LadyVanHelsing » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 pm

G1r9e9e9n wrote:I hear people can have crushes for years. I think I might have my first and only realized it two days ago. I feel like I'm gonna throw up all the time and it seems as though millions of butterflies are in my stomach. It is a HORRIBLE feeling and it only goes away when I am around him. It's probably because we are good freinds and I was never nervous around him before. Is this a normal feeling when crushing on someone? If so how do you cope with it? Could it be true love? I really just need answers. Thanks!

Yeah my first major crush is still going on. He's in my kendo club, and he and I practice together a lot, since I've just gotten into armor and he's much higher in rank than I am. We talk after practice, but since he goes to a different college than I do, he and I don't see each other in between practices. When I dwell on my crush on him, I feel like I can't eat, and it's hard for me to fall asleep. When he told me he wanted to hang out as friends after I confessed my feelings for him, I was devastated, to the point that I'm still bitter about it four months after I confess my feelings (because I still have the feelings). I want to tell him that they're still there, but I'm scared that I'm going to be shot down again.

It's a painful feeling to have, but that's usually how it goes, unfortunately. :(
Veritas nunc non sub rosa...
LadyVanHelsing
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby G1r9e9e9n » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks and I hope you get the result that you wish for from your crush.
G1r9e9e9n
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby LadyVanHelsing » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm

G1r9e9e9n wrote:Thanks and I hope you get the result that you wish for from your crush.

Thanks. To cope with it, I'd say, keep busy with school, work, extracurriculars, etc. in order to keep your mind from dwelling on the crush.

As for it being a potential sign of true love, I would tread with caution on this one. Having a crush could mean love, but it could also mean infatuation. I'm only speaking on my own experience—it could be different for everyone, and I've never had a real strong relationship with a guy—but whether it could be love is up to you; go with your gut. How long have you known the person in question, and how close are you with him? Those are potential factors in whether it could be love or infatuation.
Veritas nunc non sub rosa...
LadyVanHelsing
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice