Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

love confession, is it just me?

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

love confession, is it just me?

Postby Tilly.K » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 am

Bit of backstory: I've had this friend with benefits for a few months now and I had fallen for him. I should mention that I am a very intuitive person. That being said, at the time that we were strictly friends, before the benefits, I was under the impression that he didn't even see me in such a way. In fact, he had actually told me that I wasn't his type at all. At one point, I had a dream that he came up behind me, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my neck. I didn't think anything of it, but about a week later, he actually did end up kissing me and then telling me that he'd just said I wasn't his type so I wouldn't know he was interested in me.
Anyhow, I told him how I felt once, about a month later, then he told me, "friends don't talk about feelings." which turned me off to him, because I don't appreciate being treated in such a way. Things were different for a while, until I told him that I was mistaken and displacing my feelings for lack of a better term but his behavior had made me dislike him in general. He asked me if we could let things be normal and see how I felt in a certain time frame. I agreed, but was hesitant.

Que first dream: I woke up one morning and checked my phone to see a facebook notification from him. It was a love confession that he'd posted on my profile publicly, basically saying, "I'm absolutely in love with you."

In reality: I wrote that off as wishful thinking, because despite how annoyed I get with him and how fed up I have become with him and myself for the constant moodswings, when physically with him, I feel good and excited, so clearly, there are some sort of feelings there. Two weeks later, I told him that I did, in fact have feelings for him, to which he responded, "I never intended for feelings to get involved and I think we should take a break from seeing eachother." I told him that I cant be friends, we argued for a bit, pointing fingers, offending and defending, eventually he ended up coming over to talk in person. We were civil at first, and then we fought again, made up, and decided to ignore my feelings and let it be what it is, proceeding hooking up. So, last night, he picks me up, we go to a shop and get some toys, go back to his place, same old thing. cuddling, kissing, and then what have you. I get home, and go to sleep.

Que second dream: It was some sort of reenactment of that night, kissing topless, the difference was that, he stopped, looked me in the eyes, and said, "I lied. I have feelings for you too. I love you."

In reality: I thought I had come to terms with myself in the sense that, I know not to expect anything more and considering all of our ups and downs just being friends, we wouldn't work out as couple. So, I'm curious, is it me? Am I the one with deeper feelings even still? Or am I aware of something I don't know about? At face value, I think it would seem obvious that its me, but the confusion is because he had purposefully misled me before, and I knew through a dream, before any developments had occurred.

DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: love confession, is it just me?

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Don't you want the second dream picture to be real [u]before[/u] you throw your body at people?
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: love confession, is it just me?

Postby Tal » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 am

Try and dredge up some self respect. Really.
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice