Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can people have love at first sight and is it real?

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

Can people have love at first sight and is it real?

Postby koolchick » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:13 am

I have never believed in love at first sight and have never experienced it. Last month I got talking to a man online and met him we got on well and I hoped to see him again which we did. He seems to be everything I have ever wanted in a man. We agreed to start a relationship and things seem to be going well. He claims he has loved me from the moment we first met, I go on how people act with me and he is acting like he does love me. He just seems to be getting his hopes up more than I am, but has said we can take things at my pace. I'm just thinking how can anyone be so sure things will work in long term after under a month. I'm more like see what happens at this stage.
koolchick
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Can people have love at first sight and is it real?

Postby Xwikki » Sat May 14, 2016 2:04 pm

I don't know if I believe in love at first sight. I do however believe that it's easy to trick yourself into believing that you love someone because you're lonely. I think it's practical to wait to see what happens. You're just being a realist. He may well be genuine but then he might be a fuckboy. If he understands and you two have talked about taking things as they come then there's no problem. :) I'm in a similar situation at the moment as well actually.
Xwikki
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark

Postby Caesar » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:16 pm

It's not love. It's lust.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Tal » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:27 am

Attraction yes. Love? Nope.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:00 pm

I didn't believe in love at first sight until i got a little older and saw my own reflection. Never in my life have i seen something so beautiful. :lovestruck:
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby MistressAngel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:15 pm

tropicalheatwave wrote:I didn't believe in love at first sight until i got a little older and saw my own reflection. Never in my life have i seen something so beautiful. :lovestruck:

LMFAO!!!! I say this about me too.
MistressAngel
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby SlayerOfLight » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:56 pm

I do not believe in such a thing as ''love at first sight''. I do however, believe in lust at first sight. Anything that seems too good to be true most likely isn't true, so be very careful.
A raven came to me, spoke to me in my dream
A long lost prophecy, a forgotten legacy
SlayerOfLight
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby pisces_dreamer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:16 pm

As humans, who are we to truly say if it is or not? If you think you know, trust me, you dont. Nobody can speak on someone else's experiences and 'love at first sight' is a very individual thing. Maybe your partner did love you at first sight, thats not what matters here. What matters is how YOU feel.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Caesar » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:21 am

Oh, here we go again. No, there is no such thing as love at first sight. It's lust. Period.

What, you think once you see someone you know exactly who and what they are? If they think they love someone just based on their appearance, then they lack the understanding of that emotion.

SlayerOfLight wrote:I do not believe in such a thing as ''love at first sight''. I do however, believe in lust at first sight. Anything that seems too good to be true most likely isn't true, so be very careful.

This too.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby pisces_dreamer » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:52 pm

Hello caesar aka slayer of light aka lil bitch, good to see you havent found a life yet,
You cant say whether its true or not simply because the only feelings you know are yours; you have no idea what others are capable of feeling and you do not have to know someone to feel something towards them.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SlayerOfLight » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:27 am

pisces_dreamer wrote:Hello caesar aka slayer of light aka lil bitch, good to see you havent found a life yet,
You cant say whether its true or not simply because the only feelings you know are yours; you have no idea what others are capable of feeling and you do not have to know someone to feel something towards them.

Hell if I know how someone with such immature content in his post (which is not even worth having a go at) is allowed to take part in this discussion, and then even claim to know a thing or two about said subject. But on top of that I just don't think it's possible to just instantly love someone you don't even know. Yes it is possible to feel attracted to someone which may later develop into feelings, but wether you like it or not I do not believe in the ''oh I just met you but I totally love you'' fairytale bullshit. Real life isn't like Disney, you know.
SlayerOfLight
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby pisces_dreamer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:07 pm

SlayerOfLight wrote:
pisces_dreamer wrote:Hello caesar aka slayer of light aka lil bitch, good to see you havent found a life yet,

Hell if I know how someone with such immature content in his post (which is not even worth having a go at) is allowed to take part in this discussion, and then even claim to know a thing or two about said subject. But on top of that I just don't think it's possible to just instantly love someone you don't even know. Yes it is possible to feel attracted to someone which may later develop into feelings, but wether you like it or not I do not believe in the ''oh I just met you but I totally love you'' fairytale bullshit. Real life isn't like Disney, you know.

Yeah whatever man, you go ahead and keep speaking on wat others feel and perceive while simultaneously calling someone immature.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SlayerOfLight » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:01 am

pisces_dreamer wrote:
SlayerOfLight wrote:

Yeah whatever man, you go ahead and keep speaking on wat others feel and perceive while simultaneously calling someone immature.

Because calling someone ''lil bitch'' is totally mature... lol, just lol. What 23 years old uses that anyway, or are you a thug?
SlayerOfLight
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Tal » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:41 am

pisces_dreamer wrote:
SlayerOfLight wrote:

Slayer of Light isn't Caesar. And even though you Americans are virtually incapable of perceiving that there are other countries that aren't north American, a brief Google search will show you that the Netherlands is, in fact, located in Europe.
Their writing style is also different.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby SlayerOfLight » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:18 am

True, I don't even know what made him think I and Caesar are the same person in the first place...
SlayerOfLight
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby pisces_dreamer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Tal wrote:
pisces_dreamer wrote:
SlayerOfLight wrote:

Slayer of Light isn't Caesar. And even though you Americans are virtually incapable of perceiving that there are other countries that aren't north American, a brief Google search will show you that the Netherlands is, in fact, located in Europe.
Their writing style is also different.

So let me get this straight,

Youre stereotyping Americans for nearsightedness?

Classic.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby pisces_dreamer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:30 pm

SlayerOfLight wrote:True, I don't even know what made him think I and Caesar are the same person in the first place...

Honestly you really did sound like him, I havent been on here in a while and before when I was Caesar had multiple accounts to make others.feel "ganged up" on. But youre not Caesar. Cool.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SlayerOfLight » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:55 am

pisces_dreamer wrote:
SlayerOfLight wrote:True, I don't even know what made him think I and Caesar are the same person in the first place...

Honestly you really did sound like him, I havent been on here in a while and before when I was Caesar had multiple accounts to make others.feel "ganged up" on. But youre not Caesar. Cool.

Well I don't know about the history between you two and neither do I particulary care, but for heaven's sake keep me out of it next time.

kthxbye
SlayerOfLight
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Caesar » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:39 am

pisces_dreamer wrote:Honestly you really did sound like him, I havent been on here in a while and before when I was Caesar had multiple accounts to make others.feel "ganged up" on. But youre not Caesar. Cool.

Oh, wow. Are you, Jiru, her alt Jenny_Legend and the others still ganging up on me? It was 2 years ago. Learn to let go. There are several users who all know that Jiru brought a pedophile here who made countless alternate accounts and it took the Moderator a long time to delete them all.

You know, there is evidence supporting my position all over the forum. But if you want to continue on spreading lies, be my guest.

Edit: Hang on. I'll post links.
Oh, hit the URL cap for a post. And damn, there are many more.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby pisces_dreamer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Caesar wrote:
pisces_dreamer wrote:Honestly you really did sound like him, I havent been on here in a while and before when I was Caesar had multiple accounts to make others.feel "ganged up" on. But youre not Caesar. Cool.

Oh, wow. Are you, Jiru, her alt Jenny_Legend and the others still ganging up on me? It was 2 years ago. Learn to let go. There are several users who all know that Jiru brought a pedophile here who made countless alternate accounts and it took the Moderator a long time to delete them all.

You know, there is evidence supporting my position all over the forum. But if you want to continue on spreading lies, be my guest.

Edit: Hang on. I'll post links.
Oh, hit the URL cap for a post. And damn, there are many more.

Didnt read.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby finaltom5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:48 am

koolchick wrote:I have never believed in love at first sight and have never experienced it. Last month I got talking to a man online and met him we got on well and I hoped to see him again which we did. He seems to be everything I have ever wanted in a man. We agreed to start a relationship and things seem to be going well. He claims he has loved me from the moment we first met, I go on how people act with me and he is acting like he does love me. He just seems to be getting his hopes up more than I am, but has said we can take things at my pace. I'm just thinking how can anyone be so sure things will work in long term after under a month. I'm more like see what happens at this stage.

I believe in first impressions. What you see and feel is a product based on your experiences and feelings created through the years, from those experiences. Next I would ask myself, "What is love, to YOU"? Not one person know what love means to you, except you. All your expectations, from your relationship is from you. Sit down and sift through your expectations on paper. Figure what is real and what isn't. They say love is blind because that is how you have to look at it. You can't see it or feel it, like you can't feel or see their soul. So your impressions are the only tools you have to work with.

Everything happens for a reason and we can only take things, one moment at a time. After that, its something new and Fear will be the first emotion to arise with anything new. Your partner is also asking these same questions as you. If there is a connection, this doing this exercise together would not be an issue.

Like "Love", there are no boundaries, only challenges.
finaltom5
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby GotTheGun » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:31 pm

I don't believe in love at first site, because people are always really different the first time you meet them. You only see the real personality of a person after you seen them a few times.
GotTheGun
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 am

What is described is appetite. Real love you find out about over time. Unless it is an Irish setter.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice