Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Missed My Chance To Be With Him?

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

Missed My Chance To Be With Him?

Postby theshyflower » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:53 am

I have been "crushing" on this guy since August, and it was my first experience I had felt something "more" than just being friends with him. Like a signal from my gut saying "he likes you". As I felt like it wasn't a one-sided crush. But I'm always doubting myself.

Anyways, this boy (I'll call him Andrew for identity purposes) is almost friend. I say it because we aren't acquaintances, but we aren't close either. Andrew would rather hang out with his buddies than me. And I think he doesn't show his other side to people other than his closer friends. We don't talk much, and if we do, it's casual.

At the beginning of the school year (roughly around mid September) Andrew and I had many classes together. He was showing strong signals that he liked me, but me being a little dumb, I didn't get it. In one class, Andrew and I were sitting together (assigned seats) and he would brush his leg against mine, being all up in my face -- pretty much literally. Don't know if this is a sign, but he gets all negative at pointless things. More subtle signs.

Stronger signals. The whole class was watching a documentary of some sort, and the narrator said something about a love goddess. Andrew turned around to face me when the narrator said "love". Back then, I thought it was strange, not a "signal". He turned slowly back to watch the video. Earlier that month, Andrew would be a little too close, and even mentioned it. He said, in exact words, "Sorry, I was being too close to you." Andrew's face had less expression than a brick, except for a pink blush. In the same class, sometime later, we were playing a game, he literally said "I love you". I thought he was referring to the game. I didn't had the courage to look at him. Andrew got a pretty good save after -- "I meant [insert name of game here] not the teacher." I thought he was including the teacher because my eyes were following the teacher. He always told me where he was going, even if there was not a need to do so. If he was going to the bathroom, his locker, or to the principal's office, he told me.
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
But that was before. Now, I don't get that feeling of protection every time Andrew was with me. I even have a feeling in my gut that he's more distant. He's off talking to other people and plain ignoring me. He does tease me once in a while. I almost stopped trying to get his attention... Did I actually missed a perfect opportunity? I'm too shy to do 'a move' and Andrew knows that very well.
theshyflower
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Missed My Chance To Be With Him?

Postby Sheena » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:33 pm

We've commented on this one before. It's the one where dreamer does not want to admit she is mainly interested in the boy below the belt.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby theshyflower » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Sheena wrote:We've commented on this one before. It's the one where dreamer does not want to admit she is mainly interested in the boy below the belt.

Well, but this isn't a dream. I just putted the same name because its the same person, both in waking life and dreams. If that's not it, then sorry for not understanding you fully. •~•
theshyflower
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Appreciate the respectful reply.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Naedrux » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:30 am

I'm glad that we have Sheena round here to provide very precise and direct responses to such matters. Personally, I merely implore you to do less thinking and more acting. It's only difficult to "make a move" if you mistake it for being so.
Naedrux
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:20 am

You don't need to take a shot at another to open the door for yourself.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Missed My Chance To Be With Him

Postby FrankSiz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:43 pm

That happend to me when I was 10. It took me many years to figure it out.
Decades later, while comparing notes with my sister - she saw that to. "Why is mommy sitting on daddy while naked?".
I cant say we were scarred, just confused. LOL.
FrankSiz
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:53 am

of could say that a lot better, without the prejudice and offense.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice