Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I'm in love with my best friend!

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

I'm in love with my best friend!

Postby specialkay42 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:22 pm

When you known someone of the opposite sex :blowingkisses: for longer than two decades who has a significant other :dancing: and then all of a sudden you realized that you have developed strong feelings for that person. Is it valid that you express your feelings of extreme fondness :heartpump: or should you just keep those feelings bottled up because you feel that you might ruin the friendship :unworthy: that you've created over the years? Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, give me your feedback on this topic and how you would resolve this issue?

~specialkay42
specialkay42
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I'm in love with my best friend!

Postby Sheena » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Keep quiet. Never be authentic.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Tal » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 pm

If the object of your desire is already committed to someone else then it's probably best to remain silent. If you don't find maintaining the friendship too painful and a constant reminder of your true feelings for this person then it's ok to keep things as they are. If, however, this relationship is causing you endless hurt, confusion and negativity then it's pretty much dead in the water, especially if you know there's no chance of reciprocity. There are times when you need to cut your losses if only for the sake of your own heart and sanity.
Only you can answer this one.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby Sosaxolicious » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:45 pm

This is completely and totally your choice, but let me relate an incident that happened to me:

I happen to like someone very much, and he also happens to be in a relationship with my best friend. On one occasion, he and I had been having a long conversation, and somewhere in that conversation I ended up telling him how I felt without any premonition I would do so. What further surprised me was that ge said he really liked me too. It was startling how easy it was to talk about these feelings with him--I've known him a long time and we are good friends, but I'm shy when it comes to sharing these type of feelings. So, he tried to talk me into dating him behind his girlfriend/my best friend's back, which, as much as I was tempted, I disagreed to. I wouldn't hurt her like that, no matter how painful it was to say no to him after having such strong feelings for him. At first, it hurt me even more shan before to see them together. But as time went on, my feelings for him kind of dissipated, because I realized that we couldn't be together and there was nothing I could do about it, so what is the point of torturing yourself? I think you should tell the person you feel the way you do, and if they turn you down that's ok, because you will know it wasn't meant to work out and can move on.
.... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy
closing lines of the Cambridge ladies who live in furnished souls by e. e. cummings
Sosaxolicious
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:12 pm

xo is a good model.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sosaxolicious » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Any other Jason Mraz fans here? When I saw this thread title all I could think was:

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend,
Lucky to have been where I have been,
Lucky to be coming home again
.... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy
closing lines of the Cambridge ladies who live in furnished souls by e. e. cummings
Sosaxolicious
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice