Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I need some confidence

Need dating advice? Wanna talk about sex? Just broke up with your boyfriend? Complain about your ex? Jealousy ruining your relationship? Is he/she cheating? This is the forum to discuss and share your real life experiences.

I need some confidence

Postby JoeBob64 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:30 pm

So far, I have not had a relationship purely due to a lack of confidence. I want to ask a girl out, but she's always surrounded by at least 2 friends and I'm really nervous with this kind of thing. I wouldn't be as nervous if she wasn't always surrounded by friends, but that's never going to happen. So I just need you guys to do something to give advice or boost my confidence, without being sarcastic or starting a flame war.

Also, I've tried sending notes, but I don't think she gets them. Like recently, I put one in her locker asking if she liked me, but I never got anything back.

So please, people, help me out. My goal is to either have a girlfriend or be rejected by next Friday.
You sure are lucky that looks don't mean everything.
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
-One of JoeBob64's real life friends
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: I need some confidence

Postby sayuri » Sun May 10, 2015 4:20 pm

If you like her like you say, friends or no friends go up to her. Girls like things like that. As for confidence I think the saying " fake it til you make it" applies.
"The fairy poet takes a sheet
Of moonbeam, silver white;
His ink is dew from daisies sweet,
His pen a point of light."
~Joyce Kilmer
sayuri
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby JoeBob64 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Yeah, that's my plan. But what does "Fake it until you make it" mean? And please be quick; I'm planning to do this tomorrow.
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby JoeBob64 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Okay, I looked up "Fake it till you make it" in the Urban dictionary, but what exactly am I faking?
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby CeciliaMystic » Mon May 11, 2015 2:36 pm

JoeBob64 wrote:So far, I have not had a relationship purely due to a lack of confidence. I want to ask a girl out, but she's always surrounded by at least 2 friends and I'm really nervous with this kind of thing. I wouldn't be as nervous if she wasn't always surrounded by friends, but that's never going to happen. So I just need you guys to do something to give advice or boost my confidence, without being sarcastic or starting a flame war.

Also, I've tried sending notes, but I don't think she gets them. Like recently, I put one in her locker asking if she liked me, but I never got anything back.

So please, people, help me out. My goal is to either have a girlfriend or be rejected by next Friday.

Lol the "note thing" is definitely some school type of shit that's cute I have a question about that what exactly did you say in the note? Did you give out your identity so she'll actually know who put it there??? I also don't think you shouldn't worry about going up to her while she is with her friends if anything she'll probably admire you for your effort and won't reject you-- you never know unless you try we all take risks everyday even when we don't realize it...so if she's worth it I say go for it :D
"Life is hard...but it's harder if you're stupid"
CeciliaMystic
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby JoeBob64 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:31 am

Yeah, I did put my name in the note.
And anyways, I'd already asked her out by the time you posted, Cecilia. I got the stereotypical response of:
"I don't think I'm ready for that, but we can still be friends."

And no, I haven't gotten over her or moved on yet.
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby CeciliaMystic » Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm

JoeBob64 wrote:Yeah, I did put my name in the note.
And anyways, I'd already asked her out by the time you posted, Cecilia. I got the stereotypical response of:
"I don't think I'm ready for that, but we can still be friends."

And no, I haven't gotten over her or moved on yet.

I believe she doesn't know you well enuff to determine if she wanted to go out with you ...i sometimes myself become hesitate to accept a guy I barely know. Think about what if it was the other way around with a girl you didn't know?? How would you react? I don't think being put in the friend zone is entirely bad if you really do like her as much as I assume. If she got to know you better maybe she'd feel more comfortable who knows what the future might be then. But if you don't want to give it time then the best thing is to move on and stay positive my dear :geek:
"Life is hard...but it's harder if you're stupid"
CeciliaMystic
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby JoeBob64 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:56 am

Ehh, it's not like she doesn't know me at all. Besides, I've already moved on. Only took me like 2 days.
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby JoeBob64 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Welp, I have another problem. Now that I see the slim chances of going out with Chloe and having gotten over her, I now have a crush on another girl, Katie. Or a Katy. Or Caity. Or Caiti. Or Kaity. Honestly I have no idea how to spell it. The problem is, she's in 7th grade while I'm in 6th grade, we barely know each other, and for all I know, she might have a boyfriend. The only time I've actually talked to her was last Saturday, the day of the school Band trip to King's Dominion. She had gotten separated from her group and found out group, which she stayed with until we could locate her group. So yeah. I have no idea what to do. I don't know why I'm telling you guys this, it's not like you know if she has a boyfriend already.

But the good news is that next year we'll be in the same Band class due to the fact that 7th and 8th grade band is combined.
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby pisces_dreamer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Sounds like you might be comin off a little strong.

Confidence is key- but haste makes waste.

If you like a girl just go up and introduce yourself, and take it from there. If she knows you already, reintroduce yourself anyway. The next day you might catch her lookin ur way. Give it a week or so, if it doesn't happen naturally then maybe ask straight up.

It doesn't sound like that girl(chloe?) rejected you either, she just didn't know what to say.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby JoeBob64 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Wow so much has changed since I posted this wow. It's kind of amazing how much things change. I don't like Chloe or Katie anymore, now I like a girl named lets just call her Juliana. I don't think it's going too well with that, so I'm just trying to pace myself right now.
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby pisces_dreamer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Playa playaa! It's only been 4 months man! Lol you naming hella names. Just take it slow bro, don't bother worrying about relationships or whether or not the girl likes you. Just have fun and let whatever build naturally
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby JoeBob64 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:56 am

I don't see how I'm being a playa if I was never in a relationship in the first place. I only move on when I realize that I have no chance or when I know she isn't interested. So it's not like I get a girlfriend, dump her in the next week, and start liking someone else.
-JoeBob64
You're fat.
JoeBob64
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby ashtonbrady45 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:24 am

I think you just go and tell her in romantic style that you like her :)
ashtonbrady45
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby pisces_dreamer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 am

JoeBob64 wrote:I don't see how I'm being a playa if I was never in a relationship in the first place. I only move on when I realize that I have no chance or when I know she isn't interested. So it's not like I get a girlfriend, dump her in the next week, and start liking someone else.

You gotta lot to learn, friend. True players don't get in relationships.
pisces_dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby sayuri » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:02 pm

JoeBob64 wrote:Okay, I looked up "Fake it till you make it" in the Urban dictionary, but what exactly am I faking?

What I had meant is if you act confident, you become confident. Hence " fake it til you make it." So in other words act confident and you'll be confident
"The fairy poet takes a sheet
Of moonbeam, silver white;
His ink is dew from daisies sweet,
His pen a point of light."
~Joyce Kilmer
sayuri
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby O0o0O » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:38 pm

You: "Hey, how's it going?"
Her: "Fine."
You: "That's good. My name is Bob. What's yours?"
Her: "Susan."
You: "Good to meet you. That pizza you're eating looks really good. What's your favorite pizza?"
Her: "Pepperoni."
You: "I love pepperoni!" (Smile) There's a carnival this weekend and I heard they have some good pizza there. Wanna go with me?"
Her: "Sure."
O0o0O
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Dating And Love Relationships Advice