Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Why do we not have Moderators in the forum?

Do you have a question about using the forum, experience a technical problem or a suggestion to improve the forum? Let us know here! Please note that dreams should not be posted here.

Re: Why do we not have Moderators in the forum?

Postby gargoylegoil » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 pm

I would like for this harassment to stop
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly

Postby Sheena » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:00 pm

So would your cat.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Tal » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:11 pm

gargoylegoil wrote:I would like for this harassment to stop

You can report her to the webmaster goil but you'd be better off blocking her posts in the meantime. To be honest, if Sheena wants to be perceived as a complete dick then that's her problem. Don't lower yourself to that level goil. You're a far better person than she is which is probably why she's stalking you.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby BlackBerrySundae! » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:23 am

Tally and gg are addicted to ego gratification because of poor awareness and denial of responsibility. They hate "mirrors" because their social masks are transparent.
BlackBerrySundae!
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:56 am

Tal wrote:
gargoylegoil wrote:I would like for this harassment to stop

You can report her to the webmaster goil but you'd be better off blocking her posts in the meantime. To be honest, if Sheena wants to be perceived as a complete dick then that's her problem. Don't lower yourself to that level goil. You're a far better person than she is which is probably why she's stalking you.

By contrast promoting the mistreatment of animals is not debased? Etiquette is sacrificed in service of opposition to cruelty and in support of moral principles. Or you avoid honor behind the skirts of social niceties.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Cassidylynn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 am

This forum has no sense of community. Maybe if it had some moderators creating order and limiting chaos it would be better. :2cents:
"Life is simple, its just not easy."
Cassidylynn
PinkLotusFlower
PinkLotusFlower

Postby Sheena » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 am

Cassidylynn wrote:This forum has no sense of community. Maybe if it had some moderators creating order and limiting chaos it would be better. :2cents:

Or you could take some leadership toward that end, defining standards.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Cassidylynn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:52 am

Lots of posters seem to try to do that from time to time, myself included and it goes no where. To have a functioning community you need the person who runs the site posting alongside of others. That will not happen, so it is at a standstill.
Cassidylynn
PinkLotusFlower
PinkLotusFlower

Postby BlackBerrySundae! » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Cassidylynn wrote:To have a functioning community you need the person who runs the site posting alongside of others.
Fallacy. For what purpose?
BlackBerrySundae!
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:05 pm

When you leave the kiddie pool of life there is no lifeguard. Ever.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Methadone Jones » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Sheena wrote:Or you could take some leadership toward that end, defining standards.

Has anyone ever lived up to your standards Sheena?
nov - 15
Methadone Jones
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby IntheStars » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Methadone Jones wrote:
Sheena wrote:Or you could take some leadership toward that end, defining standards.

Previous statement of accusation towards you reversed.

Sheena don't make us rain down harassment as you have so done to our other members, we might make you cry.
Same to you Blackberryprickly.
Last edited by IntheStars on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IntheStars
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Methadone Jones wrote:

It matters only that i do, of course, Loveless.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby killnfieldz » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:50 pm

That explains.
But the black magic man is still at large and he has shown to be the most violent of all.

killnfieldz
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Methadone Jones » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:32 am

rock on webmaster
nov - 15
Methadone Jones
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 pm

IntheStars wrote:don't make us rain down harassment
Us? Threatening is bullying. You are a creep.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Future_Dreamer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Tal wrote:Snufkin - the former DM moderators were all adults. They were all of them in their 30s. One of the main problems they faced (and I've seen this on other moderated forums as well) is that they didn't always agree on what should be removed and what shouldn't. One of them wanted to remove any sigs that contained words she interpreted as "rude" while the others thought that this was too much censorship. There were other issues as well particularly when someone who was a close forum buddy to the mods did the wrong thing but was let off. Meanwhile, someone who was largely disliked would be banned quick smart. Mods are only human and don't like to upset their friends anymore than the rest of us and it's not always possible to separate our feelings from the role we undertake. Besides it's not like mods get paid or any other real benefits for what they do. That's a lot of crap to put up with for no return.

Moderating is all about learning to compromise and just work as a team.
Future_Dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby greenhavoc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Instead of complaining I'll just admit I was wrong about moderators.

Please clean up this site.
i think there may have only been 2 people in here actually worth a damn :left:
greenhavoc
the wrecking ball
the wrecking ball

Postby Future_Dreamer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 pm

greenhavoc wrote:Instead of complaining I'll just admit I was wrong about moderators.

there is only 1 mod, evilmonkey and well he's online right now
Future_Dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby greenhavoc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 pm

He's a he? - Well there goes that daydream.

Is it possible to create a thread only I can post in?
greenhavoc
the wrecking ball
the wrecking ball

Postby Future_Dreamer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:03 am

greenhavoc wrote:He's a he? - Well there goes that daydream.

Is it possible to create a thread only I can post in?

lol he sort of just ignores the forum and didn't even bother to post
Future_Dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby greenhavoc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 am

That doesn't answer my question
greenhavoc
the wrecking ball
the wrecking ball

Postby Future_Dreamer » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:54 pm

greenhavoc wrote:That doesn't answer my question

well ok then to answer your question. i don't think it's possible and it shouldn't be allowed but since nobody bothers to look after the forum, go for it.
Future_Dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Cassidylynn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:07 am

greenhavoc wrote:Instead of complaining I'll just admit I was wrong about moderators.

What made you change your mind? Lots of spam? A poster?
Cassidylynn
PinkLotusFlower
PinkLotusFlower

Postby Tal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:29 am

You're being facetious again aren't you. I'll moderate you if you like but I refuse to allow you to moderate me.

So there. :loony:
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby Tal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:30 am

Tal wrote:

I'll moderate you if you like but I'm afraid you'll have to keep your own moderation to yourself.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby ssw777 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 am

My one question about this is why is there 50 or so posts dedicated towards an increasingly off topic argument. I respect the freedom of speech, but I prefer to see arguments carried out in a factual and organized manner. That way its more thought provoking and draws more attention towards itself. I stopped reading after the 10th post of tasteless arguments. More often than not this form of unordered and potentially vulgar text based bashing tends to just anger the opposing side more, that and if you take the time to make a clear persuasive argument it makes the victory all that more complete and the losing side tends to feel better about having lost. I personally have no plans on revisiting this particular topic in the future but I hope people will have more to say about my post than a grammatically incorrect line insulting my intellect, appearance, rationale due to a simple disagreement over what I have said.
My avatar is a painting by an artist as strange as I. But that makes the world interesting.
ssw777
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby killnfieldz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:08 am

ssw777 wrote:My one question about this is why is there 50 or so posts dedicated towards an increasingly off topic argument. * Because we are the children of chaos and your inferior pinkness hasn't the cock power to penetrate the multiverse edifice void of our exponentially superior conversationalishnessishisms-par by far, slick. * I respect the freedom of speech, but I prefer to see arguments carried out in a factual and organized manner. * Okay, here is an easy one to start off with. Should I have used a semicolon to separate the jump off from the actual question; Are you gay? * That way its more thought provoking and draws more attention towards itself. * I'm definitely drawing attention away from you right now, does that count? * I stopped reading after the 10th post of tasteless arguments. * That's your problem lil buddy, the real arguments don't pick up until the 11th. * More often than not this form of unordered and potentially vulgar text based bashing tends to just anger the opposing side more, that and if you take the time to make a clear persuasive argument it makes the victory all that more complete and the losing side tends to feel better about having lost. * You fail at run on sentences, shit head. * I personally have no plans on revisiting this particular topic in the future but I hope people will have more to say about my post than a grammatically incorrect line insulting my intellect, appearance, rationale due to a simple disagreement over what I have said. * You actually write rather well, but you are stupid ugly wicked retarded in the head, so you're half right. *

GO JESUS!
But the black magic man is still at large and he has shown to be the most violent of all.

killnfieldz
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Wulfygrl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 am

Future_Dreamer wrote:
pepperidgefarm wrote:I think we moderate ourselves just fine. If someone steps out of line, they usually get a smack on the wrist by at least one person. And if they continue to step out of line, people just ignore them. Why ban someone for practicing their freedom of speech?

Agree.

However. Nobody has done anything about M.Johnson or whatever. he stole my E-mail and disrespected me....to no degree. He needs to be banned. Moderators have power like that to keep things in order. Imagine the world without cops or government. just the people "Monderating themselves pretty well"
Wulfygrl
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Future_Dreamer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:50 am

Alarm evilmonkey!!!!
Future_Dreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Gus Who » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:01 am

Yeah it would be kind of nice to have Moderator(s) who stop threads or enforce rules, warn or explain to the poster(s) that there crossing a line, as there is a lot of spam or just junk said that not true, or taken too far... as gossip travels faster than truth here, and so when things get cut or stopped.. well it tends to travel some place else... so you have to have some sort of order. Though if I were to rate this site with the problem it would be so-so and that there is room for improvement, as I would say just elect a couple posters who think could help run the community for a set time (not more than a year)... words from people you respect in a community go farther than rules in life, at least that is my :2cents:
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby VenusInChains » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:43 pm

I remember way back when, like 8 years ago, Dreammoods had forum moderators and woah did it cause a lot of drama. The webmaster did seem to pick them randomly, they abused their power, locking threads and editing posts they didn't agree with. This angered a lot of members, and so the webmaster stripped their moderator privilliages.
Dreammoods didn't really need moderators back then, however I think the webmaster should reconsider this option.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Previous

Return to Forum Announcements And Help