Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Adding photos to profile page

Do you have a question about using the forum, experience a technical problem or a suggestion to improve the forum? Let us know here! Please note that dreams should not be posted here.

Adding photos to profile page

Postby cannydreams » Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 am

Is that possible? Could it ever be made a reality or too difficult? I would like to post an image of myself but only where logged in users could see not every lurker out there for free viewing, even if put on as your display image every lurker can view it. The Picture thread in Rant is not private either.

Thanks.
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Adding photos to profile page

Postby Dorn » Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 am

There are two subforums in which only registered members can partake: Sex And Eroticism (18+ and 150+ posts) and Science and Technology.

You can send a PM to EvilMonkey, requesting access to the adult forum, and eventually use it to post pictures which will then only be available to active members over the age of 18. It's a very tame subforum, by the way, and doesn't quite qualify for a so-called NSFW status, even though that was the original intent.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Clementine » Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 am

I was just peeking through +18 section & they have a photo thread like Dorn told you, most of the photos are deleted it seems but there are some photos just normal ones of people's faces and regular posing it isn't all tops and pants off shots lol so could easily post a face or regular shot there & if someone complains link them this thread as to why :)
I posted my photo over 2 years ago but I used the Picture thread in rant to post it, several people saw it & commented all nice comments but when I went to check just now it doesn't show, I used postimage to host it & must have deleted it on me, idk. Could quickly put in avatar & then deleted out in a day too but if you want 100% private probably not an option.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Tue May 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Just a thought.

Couldn't you take a photo you like and host it and then that the link the site gives you and place that link into your profile in one of the areas you can write info about yourself in( hobbies, work..) and people can view your photo that way by clicking on the link you provide. It will only be accessed by members and can remove when you want.
Shouldn't that work? Never tried but you could try and see.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am

dreamyskies wrote:Just a thought.

Couldn't you take a photo you like and host it and then that the link the site gives you and place that link into your profile in one of the areas you can write info about yourself in( hobbies, work..) and people can view your photo that way by clicking on the link you provide. It will only be accessed by members and can remove when you want.
Shouldn't that work? Never tried but you could try and see.

That could work for her, dreamyskies. I will try it into my profile & cannydreams check & see if it works and maybe take dreamyskies idea, or take Dorn's and ask for membership into the 18+ forum to post a normal photo of yourself. I don't think even half the website has access to that section so the most private way for you.

Edit: I don't think it works, sorry. Won't show in area as pic, also won't show as a clicking link(url) and when pasting shows a completely different image to me, IDK what that is, not me.

Can someone say if it worked for them, removing it some point this weekend. Sigh, I am not a techy.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Clementine wrote:Can someone say if it worked for them, removing it some point this weekend. Sigh, I am not a techy.
The URL is fine, so it must be a question of the dimensions you added for the avatar, which are maximum 150 by 150. You can also post the picture in a thread as [img]URL[/img], without having to adjust the dimensions.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby cannydreams » Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi, Dorn, Clementine and dreamyskies and thank you for replying to my question.

I don't know if I want in the 18+ section just to post a photo and then have no use for that section afterward, if it comes to that being an only option of course then I will ask to join it. It would be nice if there were a member 200 posts and up section that you could have for just private member photos where you can see it same as the 18+ but is a password needed to access or if maybe you have the number of posts needed you automatically gain access. I think the staff didn't answer my question because too complicated?

@dreamyskies and Clementine.. I don't understand what mean by put in my profile? Are you suggesting not as the display image? At Clementine what did you want people to check?
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby cannydreams » Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Clementine, I looked at your profile and under : Occupation: I see a note with my name and a comment about a wedding and a URL but I can't access it or see an image different than the dog in the bucket you have up.
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Sat May 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Cannydreams - What I meant was to add a picture link to your photo in your profile section options but Clementine seems to have tried and it does not work properly.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Tue May 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Dorn wrote:
Clementine wrote:Can someone say if it worked for them, removing it some point this weekend. Sigh, I am not a techy.
The URL is fine, so it must be a question of the dimensions you added for the avatar, which are maximum 150 by 150. You can also post the picture in a thread as [img]URL[/img], without having to adjust the dimensions.

I only had a moment to delete it other day & not able to post replies at all. So answering back to these now lol

No, it didn't work at all. I was trying what dreamyskies suggested above as a test and it did not work, you could not go off-site & see the image I linked too and that is what I was testing out. I didn't put it in my display image area because I never saved my current image & want to keep it as my avatar.

@Cannydreams - It didn't work, think this website doesn't have the format to do it. You'll have to either post it in 18+ or as your display photo & then delete it out afterward.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby cannydreams » Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 am

Figured out a way to do it and still make it somewhat private, use spoiler tags on an image. So at some point next week I will just slip my image into a spoiler tag lol

Thank you, Dorn, Clementine, and dreamyskies.
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Forum Announcements And Help