Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Once upon a dream

Got a joke to share? Wanna participate in a word game? Looking to lighten the mood? Or just bored? Come on in and join in.

Re: Once upon a dream

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:48 pm

she could be telling the truth. I thought it was a marketing gimmick or a figure of speech. You know, something...
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Sheena » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 pm

. . . , don't you ,Doll?" said the grimy detective in the shabby green overcoat while he cleaned his fingernails with an ice pick, like a lethal fanged viper grooming pieces of its latest prey from under its scales. She swallowed hard, some kind of unexpected resolve growing in her and bursting, the way a teakettle does when you fill it to the top and put it on a high flame. "I could make it fun for you," she offered half-heartedly, showing . . .
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby operatormike » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am

him her prowess in nunchuck skill, by knocking the ice pick out of his hands. She told her father goodbye, hung up the phone and took a defensive stance with her nunchucks waiting for the grimy detective to make his move. Suddenly, without warning....
Who looks outside, dreams;
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
What more can I say?---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 am

. . . . Trump pushed the nuclear button. Like the Mayan asteroid strike or your neighbor getting cancer or a fall that breaks a hip, the universe burps and destiny is rearranged. Still, we try to make every moment count, even tho a dog does that trick better . . .
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:51 pm

than Harvey Weinstein, who was still in the hotel. He was so drunk he thought he was talking to a bird about poop emoji keyrings. He tried to...
The Cat Whisperer
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Xwikki » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:01 pm

remember how many acid tabs he'd taken in the last week, but just couldn't remember. He started playing My Chemical Romance on his phone to try and clear his head. He searched his pockets, hoping to find...
Xwikki
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark

Postby Sheena » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 pm

. . . a personality. There is no character development in this story. That would indicate a weakness of the contributors who also lack . . .
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby operatormike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 am

consistency, coherence, or focus on any one theme. "Who the hell is talking in my head about writing a story?", Sophie asked herself. She reached inside herself to find the courage to do what she knew she must do, which was....
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:00 pm

to tell off the voice. This story is just beginning; you can't expect character development on the second page!,she thought. Satisfied with herself, she..
The Cat Whisperer
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Sheena » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:55 pm

. . . continued the purge sticking her finger back inside herself (that was funny the first time) then decided it would be more satisfying in a different place. "I must not notice my thoughts, my desires, my obligation to and need for others," she scolded herself, "I must keep myself as pure as Terry Southern's Candy in the rain in pleasure pinned between the fallen statue and her decrepit father." In spite of all these self injunctions she couldn't help wishing for . . .
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Fragile Skies » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:53 pm

...a Snickers bar, for she was now hungry and had just thought about candy again. She then found a note on the floor, which read "inside the smallest Russian doll is the biggest one". Confused, she looked skywards and thought "this must be a message from...
Fragile Skies
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:22 am

. . . an errant and discarded muse. Suddenly shocked and nauseated by the insight, she realized she was being created by writers who had never even read a novel. To correct this she immediately bought a bus ticket to Borges' library of the universe in order to . . .
Last edited by Sheena on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Tal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 am

...an alternate universe where clarity and character development could be bought for a small sum. "2+2=4 should cover it," thought Sophie, as she carefully stowed her ticket in her...
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby operatormike » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:07 am

cat, Felix', collar under which was a small linen pouch. Next, Sophie scooped up Felix and made her way through the bustling city to the Greyhound bus terminal, all the while feeling a powerful sadness that she could not explain. "Terminal is an appropriate word for this place", she thought as she inwardly put an end to her former chaos-loving self. On the bus she dozed off, when she opened her eyes...
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 pm

. . . she blinked at the hard reality that wishing doesn't make it so. Unexplainably she thought of that time when she was fourteen that the DA pushed her into a closet putting his hands up her skirt. She wanted something then, something she wasn't supposed to desire, but she did, and she did again right there in the bus seat so strongly that she held her breath. Then she remembered Schopenhauer and Horkheimer, that a just society is guilty one, but Sophie's guilt . . .
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Previous

Return to Game And Joke Room