Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

 

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Loneliness is killing me

Talk about diet plans, exercise regimen, weight training, stress managment, food, addictions, self-improvement and ways to get and stay healthy.

Loneliness is killing me

Postby SmileAreSexy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

I wanted to put this thread on this sec for two reasons. One being because I know this feeling is not good for me or my health, and two because I'm kinda hiding here and I don't want the meaner users having to do with any of this.

Loneliness, it has been with me for a very long time. I have never been invited to parties, hang outs or anything like that. No seriously, I've never been anywhere with anyone ever. It's killing me. I hate this feeling! I hate myself! I always ask my closest friend to come over and she always rejects me. Always has an excuse! Everyone is like this with me and I am so fucking fed up with it. I can't think of a reason either. I'm always cheerful, I'm always loyal and I always want to help people but do I see the same for me? No. Not once. If I just didn't speak to anyone ever again, no one would care. No one would ask me whats wrong. I'm starting to believe that everyone just can't stand the sight of me. I deleted my facebook too. Why watch other people have lives of their own? It sickens me to see how everyones weekend was sooooo perfect and how they have the best friends ever.

Im not even friends with myself anymore.
User avatar
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby CeciliaMystic » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Im sorry to know that you feel this way but you shouldn't expect that you are the only one going through tough times we all have our stories-some seem happy but then again some are unfortunely not so happy i also don't have much friends-actually any friends right now because of what im going through i just decide not to have any even though of course it gets lonely sometimes but i know when the time is right and when my life is completely togather...but this isn't about me this is about you so try not to over-think things so negatively and stay positive as much as you can for your sake and try meditating ok i hope you feel better...remember life is like a boat you either sink or stay floating it's up to you ;)
"Life is hard...but it's harder if you're stupid"
User avatar
CeciliaMystic
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:52 am
Location: Anywhere but home

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby tropicalheatwave » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:59 pm

SmileAreSexy wrote:and two because I'm kinda hiding here and I don't want the meaner users having to do with any of this.
lol ok ok sometimes i joke around alot so i'll try to becareful about how i come across.

you can do one of two things: 1) try to be like everyone else so you can fit it. 2) accept your aloneness and try to make the best out of it.

thats it. people may give you advice but in 6 months you'll still feel lonely. there is nothing you can do but try to make the best out of it.
User avatar
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 pm
Location: the empire state

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby SmileAreSexy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:24 am

But I dont want to accept this. It's terrible

And it's not just now, it's always been like this for me and I hate it so much
User avatar
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Dorn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:24 am

Have you ever considered after-school activities? Sports, politics, art, music, poetry, religion ...?
DICHTEN = CONDENSARE
User avatar
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 am

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby jojo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 am

SmileAreSexy wrote:I wanted to put this thread on this sec for two reasons. One being because I know this feeling is not good for me or my health, and two because I'm kinda hiding here and I don't want the meaner users having to do with any of this.

Loneliness, it has been with me for a very long time. I have never been invited to parties, hang outs or anything like that. No seriously, I've never been anywhere with anyone ever. It's killing me. I hate this feeling! I hate myself! I always ask my closest friend to come over and she always rejects me. Always has an excuse! Everyone is like this with me and I am so fucking fed up with it. I can't think of a reason either. I'm always cheerful, I'm always loyal and I always want to help people but do I see the same for me? No. Not once. If I just didn't speak to anyone ever again, no one would care. No one would ask me whats wrong. I'm starting to believe that everyone just can't stand the sight of me. I deleted my facebook too. Why watch other people have lives of their own? It sickens me to see how everyones weekend was sooooo perfect and how they have the best friends ever.

Im not even friends with myself anymore.


I'm gonna be blunt, k?

Keep being you and try to hold onto yourself and those useless fuckers can go suck a diseased dick. :hugs: ( the ones you try so hard to please )

If you can have one good friend, it is a start. I feel alone even when surrounded by others at times. Got to shake it off.

Maybe the others are mope abouts and you are too up for them, doesn't mean you change that, you go find others who are positive thinkers and helpers too.
The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.
User avatar
jojo
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby andruxin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:34 pm

I would say that you can take control of it all.

I'm 23 years old. I graduated from school, have my 3rd job and I am making decent money but not enough to buy a mortgage. Since I graduated and started working, my life has become very monotone. I live 200km from where I work because I don't live in the city, I still live with my parents and my younger brother. My friends have moved a distance away, so it's a lot harder to find time to hang out or anything. And almost every weekend I am doing the same old thing like doing some extra work on the side instead of going out and enjoying the day.

I often get frustrated that I am in this constant cycle where every weekend ends up with no plans. But, I know it's because I am not putting in the effort to make new friends in the area. Like sometimes I go out by myself, to a book store, to a starbucks or winners and just walk around, sit, drink a latte. Sometimes I go to the movies myself.

All that said, I am single (though I haven't always been single) because I am kind of picky but I'd rather find someone who I really like than someone for the sake of dating. But all this revolves around the same factors - not having friends anymore or having friends that are pretty far away that it's not realistic anymore to go out without seriously planning something full on.

The point is that you can turn it all around, you just need do organize what you really want and step out of yourself to make friends by thinking of different places you can go to on the weekend. Maybe there are clubs that you might find interesting that have people who are looking to socialize. Maybe you can go to an event for something that interests you. There is so many possibilities, you just have to realize them.

Cheers!
andruxin
DM Lurker
DM Lurker
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:46 pm

SmileAreSexy wrote:But I dont want to accept this. It's terrible
ok then do the opposite. don't accept it. try to fit in. find groups of people that you like, join clubs, or do any other activity.

incase that doesn't work out for you then forget about loneliness and focus more on the things you can control. figure out what you want to do with your life after high school and work towards that. list your fears and try to overcome them. read books to expand your mind. or.......
CeciliaMystic wrote:try meditating
User avatar
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 pm
Location: the empire state

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Nostalgic » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 pm

You'll never have good friendships until you learn to be happy with yourself.

You can join clubs and things to meet other people etc.
I think your thinking to negatively about it. Start being positive and I'm sure your situation will change.
"Hesitation is a mistake that invites defeat. I would not be Mord-Sith had I not hesitated when I was young." - Cara
— Terry Goodkind
Image Image
User avatar
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith
 
Posts: 8083
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby The Atomic Mango » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:29 pm

what do you typically do when you hang out with friends? are you interesting to talk to? do you have good people skills?
I create the whole universe, blink by blink.
User avatar
The Atomic Mango
Extremely Flammable
Extremely Flammable
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:50 am

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby SmileAreSexy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:27 am

I don't want to join clubs. It's always so awkward for me and I never go through with it. Jeez now that I think about it I really don't go through with anything :shock:

The only things that I can do is read books, play music and sing. And writing. I love reading books. I can read a huge book in a day if it's interesting enough, and remember what it's about. Singing is another. It's really new to me because, I never realized that I could sing. Not saying I'm a Mariah Carey here, no, waay far from her level, but I'm working at it. I guess I'm just impatient for good things to come.

Honestly, I wrote this thread in the heat of a moment and I shouldn't have. I go through this stage of crying and letting my emotions out because it's just what I do and if I don't, I'm miserable all of the time. But it's the truth. I feel very alone right now, and it's most likely because I just started high school and life is just hitting me and it's all too much. But whatever, I roll with it cuz I have to, and that's all I've ever done. Work with what I have, and do the most with it.
User avatar
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Dorn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:21 am

SmileAreSexy wrote:The only things that I can do is read books, play music and sing.
Then why not join a book club and/or a band?
DICHTEN = CONDENSARE
User avatar
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 am

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Nostalgic » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Book club and band sound like good ideas,
Only you can motivate yourself for change.
"Hesitation is a mistake that invites defeat. I would not be Mord-Sith had I not hesitated when I was young." - Cara
— Terry Goodkind
Image Image
User avatar
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith
 
Posts: 8083
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby jojo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 pm

SmileAreSexy wrote:I don't want to join clubs. It's always so awkward for me and I never go through with it. Jeez now that I think about it I really don't go through with anything :shock:

The only things that I can do is read books, play music and sing. And writing. I love reading books. I can read a huge book in a day if it's interesting enough, and remember what it's about. Singing is another. It's really new to me because, I never realized that I could sing. Not saying I'm a Mariah Carey here, no, waay far from her level, but I'm working at it. I guess I'm just impatient for good things to come.

Honestly, I wrote this thread in the heat of a moment and I shouldn't have. I go through this stage of crying and letting my emotions out because it's just what I do and if I don't, I'm miserable all of the time. But it's the truth. I feel very alone right now, and it's most likely because I just started high school and life is just hitting me and it's all too much. But whatever, I roll with it cuz I have to, and that's all I've ever done. Work with what I have, and do the most with it.


I like you and your personality. You seem cool and fun to me, plus you make great threads. I cry too, it helps. :hugs:
The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.
User avatar
jojo
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby MIDNIGHT DREAMS » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 am

[ Singing is another. It's really new to me because, I never realized that I could sing. Not saying I'm a Mariah Carey here, no, waay far from her level, but I'm working at it. I guess I'm just impatient for good things to come.]

Here's something you can work on,
You enjoy your own voice, right!
So why not record a song on a tape recorder and have someone close to you listen to it. Let them give you their opinion and see where you can go from there!

Now, I love reading and right now I'm writing a book myself. There's another idea for you. Write about your life and a happy ending to your life. Try finding ways to fix the problems you seem to believe you have. What better way to find happiness, than by writting your own ending for yourself. Hope this helps you out!
Dream with your eyes close and learn with your eyes open!
User avatar
MIDNIGHT DREAMS
Dream Child
Dream Child
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby SmileAreSexy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 am

Dorn wrote:
SmileAreSexy wrote:The only things that I can do is read books, play music and sing.
Then why not join a book club and/or a band?


See.. I would like to join a book club but were nearing the middle-end part of the year and it would be kinda late.
User avatar
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby gargoylegoil » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:14 am

Nostalgic wrote:You'll never have good friendships until you learn to be happy with yourself.

You can join clubs and things to meet other people etc.
I think your thinking to negatively about it. Start being positive and I'm sure your situation will change.

Well said Nos....but you forgot the extra "o" in Too :P ;)
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
Vincent Van Gogh
Image
User avatar
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
 
Posts: 14573
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:51 am
Location: United States

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Nostalgic » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:04 am

I always mess that word up :shock:
I know it's one of the simplest grammar bits but I've never understood it :?
Teach me :D
"Hesitation is a mistake that invites defeat. I would not be Mord-Sith had I not hesitated when I was young." - Cara
— Terry Goodkind
Image Image
User avatar
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith
 
Posts: 8083
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby gargoylegoil » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:12 pm

I was just playing with ya, Nos
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
Vincent Van Gogh
Image
User avatar
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
 
Posts: 14573
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:51 am
Location: United States

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby RockPillow® » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:29 pm

SmileAreSexy wrote:
Dorn wrote:
SmileAreSexy wrote:The only things that I can do is read books, play music and sing.
Then why not join a book club and/or a band?


See.. I would like to join a book club but were nearing the middle-end part of the year and it would be kinda late.


You should join anyways, so long as the club allows new members. You'll be just as new as anybody is at the beginning of the year.
Because I love people.
User avatar
RockPillow®
Wise Man, Sore Neck
Wise Man, Sore Neck
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Nostalgic » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:26 pm

gargoylegoil wrote:I was just playing with ya, Nos

I know but do teach me. Maybe if you explain it it will stick?
"Hesitation is a mistake that invites defeat. I would not be Mord-Sith had I not hesitated when I was young." - Cara
— Terry Goodkind
Image Image
User avatar
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith
 
Posts: 8083
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Adityasb » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:26 am

Same here, I too am lonely but I'm used to it.
All I can say is that there are lucky times in our lives and unlucky times. When you find the day is lucky you may find that your situation may change. I believe that when you will start to work and have success, you will start to meet people and get busy with them.
The first step towards success is to dream.
User avatar
Adityasb
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: in her mind

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby SmileAreSexy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Why do none of my friends ever invite me to go anywhere or want to hang out with me? Does this mean their not my friends?
User avatar
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Dngr1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 am

Jojo wrote: I'm gonna be blunt, k?
Keep being you and try to hold onto yourself and those useless fuckers can go suck a diseased dick. ( the ones you try so hard to please )

Wow really? "those useless fuckers..."
Your talking about the whole world here.
I'm really bad myself at giving advice, so i'll let others do it for you.
Niel Strauss's The Game is a book on How to pick up women, but it's principles of social value and attraction are directly related to your situation.
You say "i'm no longer friends with yourself". That is a crucial starting point. As is a popular saying, you have to love youself before others can love you.
This is because when you find yourself to be a cool person in this social context, others will see that and find you attractice as a person. From what you say, it sounds like your a really dependant person.

Also to complement this you should look up 'The Secret' (The Law of Attraction), it's about thoughts and how they affect the way you live your life.

Basically my advice is to adapt, a key point of Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. Nothing in life comes easy, but if you apply the principles of the two schools of thoughts above, you'll definately feel alot more confident about whatever you do.

I don't know if u picked up on it, but i'm being a bit of a dick. This is one of my way's of being both defensive socially, and it enables me to attract others.

Just recapping sincerely, im bad at advice, and the opinions on this forum are just that. Their a good starting point, but you should really get some REAL advice. You should look at some credible material.
If your stingy, cheap whatever, im sure you'll be able to find 'The secret' in a libray somewhere, and look up PUA forums on the internet to get the idea.
I know this is hard, but the easiest thing you can do is act like a bitch. If you have a moral dilemma whatever, just look at the people that give u so many excuses. In time they can come to like you, but not as the current person that you are, your too soft both on yourself and others.

Tropicalheatwave wrote:
you can do one of two things: 1) try to be like everyone else so you can fit it. 2) accept your aloneness and try to make the best out of it.


Sorry to be a dog to everyone, but fuck both those points.
You are not going to do either of these. From Neil's The Game, you don't want to conform, that lowers your value. You want to be your best self. Send me an e-mail or something if you want me to explain anything further, because this is i think one of my first posts online, and im really bad at it.
David.Twyman@Hotmail.com
Dngr1
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 am

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby SmileAreSexy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Dngr1 wrote:This is because when you find yourself to be a cool person in this social context, others will see that and find you attractice as a person. From what you say, it sounds like your a really dependant person.


Your honestly right.

Dngr1 wrote: Also to complement this you should look up 'The Secret' (The Law of Attraction), it's about thoughts and how they affect the way you live your life.


That's very weird because I just got that book on my kindle the other day.

Dnfr1 wrote:I know this is hard, but the easiest thing you can do is act like a bitch. If you have a moral dilemma whatever, just look at the people that give u so many excuses. In time they can come to like you, but not as the current person that you are, your too soft both on yourself and others.


Is that so?
User avatar
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby SamZee » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Dngr1 wrote:Also to complement this you should look up 'The Secret' (The Law of Attraction), it's about thoughts and how they affect the way you live your life.
Finally someone else who somewhat understands this.

Seriously, that book changed my life. I could never describe in words just how profoundly it changed my thinking. I must say though, it only worked for me because I was ready for it. That is key. If you're not ready for what it has to offer, it probably won't do much for you. In my case, however, the answers in that book were exactly -- exactly what I had been searching for my entire life. All my life I never understood why things were so bad. I had the worst luck ever. I suffered over so much. The outcome of literally everything was always so predictable! I knew when the universe would take a dump on me, and every time it did. Every. Single. Time. I kid you not. I hated it. I felt so victimized by everything. Practically all I knew was pain. Eventually it got so bad that I just accepted it. I was young and naive, and after drowning myself in self-pity, I just accepted that there was no reason for the pain and negativity in my life. The only thing that made sense to me was that I was made to suffer. How messed up is that?

"WHY DO ALL THESE PEOPLE HAVE SUCH AMAZING LIVES? WHY DO SUCH AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN TO THEM SO UNEXPECTEDLY? WHY IS IT THAT THEY DON'T TRY AT ALL AND YET THEY HAVE EVERYTHING I DON'T? HOW DOES IT COME SO EASY FOR THEM? HOW IS IT THAT SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE THEM? WHY DO THINGS HAPPEN THE WAY THEY DO. HOW DOES IT ALL WORK?" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

These were the questions that plagued me constantly. I stressed over them so much, it just didn't make any sense. There had to be some reason for it all. For the longest time, this was the biggest mystery ever to me. The truth is though, if I traveled back in time to enlighten my past self, young-Sam wouldn't accept what I had to offer. He couldn't. He wouldn't be nearly ready for it. The truth is, people often require a great deal of this "negative catalyst" before they can understand these things. Enough of this pain will eventually force your mind to open in order to pave the way for a new understanding of life. It's a very archetypical process and I could talk about it forever but I wont. Point is, the further the rubber band stretches into the darkness, the faster it will shoot into the light. Only when that happened was I ready to understand these great concepts for how it all works.

SmileAreSexy wrote:That's very weird because I just got that book on my kindle the other day.
Yep. That's called synchronicity. I remember I had heard about the book but I didn't know what it was about. I was told I would really like it, and somehow I became tantalized, hoping it would provide some of the answers I sought. Well one day, I was thinking about it intensely. I was sitting in class and for some reason, I visualized myself reading it. I was imagining myself all excited from the epiphanies it would give me, and it made me happy. Little did I know, I was employing the very method it teaches to attract that which you desire -- what the book is all about! That day, I come home from class, and there it is waiting for me. No one knew I wanted it, but there it was. My mom works at the library, and that day she brought it home for me. True story. :D

And that's where I'll end. I'll leave the rest for you to discover. ;) Hope you found this enlightening. :)
Image
Trailer: http://youtu.be/SJZ8wZrCCv0
Website: http://www.siriusdisclosure.com
User avatar
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi
 
Posts: 2301
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby amstevens23 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 pm

i understand what your going through, i had gone through it too. first of all , i have a ridiciously over protective father, i spent so much time in my room being a loner while all my friends were out having a social life being normal teenagers, I always felt robbed of my teenage years, i began to rebel just to get out of the house but that led me to a different kind of feeling---rejection. I began making friends with the wrong people i didn't realize it at the time, i felt i was having fun but i was being used and secretly made fun of i had alot of haters who acted as friends. it got so bad i just removed myself from them, what really helped me was consentrating on myself, i stopped caring about what other's thought of me, i began working out on a whim, i occupied myself with two jobs and went to school full-time i really kept myself busy. i had no time for anyone else, but i didn't realize that while i was doing these things i was making friends with people from these postivie enviorments, i got an education, a hot bod and i got paid- i didn't have time to spend it so i had money, i got attention when i wasn't trying to get it, i was smart and had real things to talk about i attracted smarter better looking people lol ----then i got pregnant but that's another story lol just get out there and do your own thing who can it hurt when your helping yourself? love yourself your young! live life and for goodness sake's please be careful lol! :hugs:
User avatar
amstevens23
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:13 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Dngr1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:35 am

Wow... I'm finding school holidays to be excruciatingly empty, just a procession of days leading into each other subtlety, my 'despair' causing a negative tunnel vision mindframe. This is despite the fact that I have a retarded culture of people always being at my house. ( my 'friends' always come over to my house (literally each and every single day), smoke cones (get high on weed) and play computer with me (I don't, im a health freak, promise.)) Excuse all the ((((()))))) hahah. Yeah i know, depressing... That mind frame is slowly going as of today. (but may come back if I don't act tomorrow) I'm trying not to get too excited as i write this next part. I joined a football club and played my first game of football today. I fucking sucked, I dropped the ball, didn't know how to scrum, could barely pass, screwing up all around BUUUUUUUUT I made 3 HECTIC tackles. and how good it felt. I was FUCKING PUMPED! "YEAH AND WHAT? COME AT ME". I'm 69kg's (excuse the potential sexual reference) (pretty boy body) and within 2 mins of the game i put an easy 100kg dude on his fucking ass. I still have a boner from that. I'm terrible at footy atm and our team got hammered, but now I feel awesome.

Recently I have changed my fitness routine from 2 hours twice a week to 2 hours 6 days a week (well just starting too) and this makes me feel better physiologically (PHYSICAL) and psychologically (MENTAL)

Anyway, assuming your still reading, the reason I posted this is to make you aware of "tunnel vision" which your probably (no offence) experiencing. Now, to add to my previous post, I HIGHLY recommend physical exercise as a pre-requisite to my other advice, because in my opinion it really 'wakes you up' both physically and mentally. After the game, I felt elevated. Now I can't lie and say my loneliness disappeared, but in an irony, it strengthened my sense of loneliness which I was previously, and still will mask when I get upset and bored, with computer games and in my friends' cases, cannabis. I feel like as someone else in this thread wrote, more "ready". Below is a bit of scientific reasoning to support my notion to do physical exercise specifically for you.

"Being in love creates high levels of dopamine and norepinephrine. The despair associated with unrequited love (longing for love) is associated with plummeting levels of dopamine. To increase dopamine, rejected lovers should exercise. Sunlight is another mood lifter, and smiling also activates nerve pathways that can give feelings of pleasure."

Your posting this in itself demonstrates your massive yearning for companionship. Sorry to analyse you, but what else could you want? I mean some of the other advice on here was like 'yeah I'll just say something positive and supportive to make this person feel better temporarily that has no real depth or guidance'
In my point of view, everyone in the world until they become 'great' are waiting for something, and I see exercise as a good first step in pursuing something new, because it's the easiest way to get a person more comfortable with doing something different and psyching them up and increasing their sense of consciousness. I don't know if this is coming out right, but i think that doing exercise, as just one example, creates an effort / reward scenario, giving an individual an example of the rewards of doing something, which is better than 'waiting for a knight in shining armour', and encourages positive lifestyle choices. You could do anything, it doesn't have to be exercise, but this to me is the easiest way to kick start your journey, and get you the fuck off your computer.
From my experiences, after doing exercise, I feel like going on and doing something else, such as something important i need to do, like making an important phone call, but without a clear mind, you can procrastinate more than you realise. If you already have a strong consciousness, making self-evaluations and making logical, non-instinctive choices, completely ignore my post, but I think you need to, and I need a swell, to start using our brains, (which without training can lead us astray) and make smart choices and become strong-minded, likeable human beings.

Until today, the last few weeks i was stuck in severe tunnel vision, playing computer games and not going out except for business.
Lesson learned? Yes
Will I remember it? I hope so...

The Lesson? I'm not saying this is a universal truth, but personally from the last few weeks of doing nothing, I've realised that no one or nothing is going to help you or me get or do what we want (except our parents in moderation)

the truth is i never really finished reading 'the secret' so now i'm in a relatively high state of mind, i think ill go finish reading it, as well as going into the world.

If you want to know a bit more or feel I've left something else out, hit me up, because I'm trying to be honest with you, which also helps me be honest with myself. Also, if you need diet stuff, i am quite the health freak. i can give u some general tips or give u some sources.

I know this is a different topic, but a year ago i made a dramatic change to my diet, and am now a vegan, which i believe has been a fulfilling journey, another example to me of the benefits of breaking the comfort zone and making life transitions. And let me tell you, nothing will ever be easy to start, but if you set yourself targets and you know what your doing, starting is the hardest thing. Don't you agree? I mean, now i don't eat sugar, meat or dairy products. I can't imagine myself two years ago ever doing that. I would've laughed at my future self. ahahah.

Stuff's easier said then done, so get the fuck up from your computer whenever you read this, take it all in, go for a walk and make a clear picture in your head of what your going to do. For example, give yourself an aim, such as "I want to become more confident and have better conversations with people" then make realistic strategies as how to go about it, and hit me back with stuff, that'd be awesome, and could give me some insight too.

How crazy is this? my goal is to become more comfortable around people. (I'm a bit of an awkward cunt)
and my strategies for doing this include calling up random phone numbers and having conversations with people by asking them engaging questions such as "who do you think lies more, boys or girls". A few months ago, I made myself say hello to every person I saw walking past me when walking my dogs. At first it was so uncomfortable, but now its natural, no matter who or what they look like, I just flash them a nice smile, say hello and walk past.

I can't tell from your posts if confidence is a problem, but if it is, follow me on my journey. Tomorrow, I'm going to call up strangers and ask them if you floss before or after brushing and try to increase my confidence and learning of human behaviour in a little way through this.

Anyway, i know this is a lot, but my main message is DO SOMETHING rather than NOTHING, and the above is logical steps to get you do do this.
Hit me back, because I spent like an hour writing this and that'd be nice. But if you don't, that could be a good thing, as maybe your well on your way to making your life better.
Dngr1
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 am

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Dngr1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:39 am

amstevens23 wrote:what really helped me was consentrating on myself, i stopped caring about what other's thought of me, i began working out on a whim, i occupied myself with two jobs and went to school full-time i really kept myself busy. i had no time for anyone else, but i didn't realize that while i was doing these things i was making friends with people from these postivie enviorments, i got an education, a hot bod and i got paid- i didn't have time to spend it so i had money, i got attention when i wasn't trying to get it, i was smart and had real things to talk about i attracted smarter better looking people lol
OMG! this is brilliant. This is like a perfect substitute for that 'empty feeling'

The point of life is to find happiness right? this is one way, interacting with people better is going to be my way to find happiness, take in all the information thrown at you and find your own way. :D
Dngr1
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 am

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby Rebecca20 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:18 pm

First off you need to accept yourself for you. Don't try and be anyone else but it doesn't work. There is ALWAYS someone who likes you. Secondly, try not to be shy, if you are shy people will just feel awkward around you, I know because I can talk to pretty much anyone but shy people make me feel so awkward. Don't take things too seriously. If you do something stupid laugh at yourself and make a joke. There is not much time for sesitive people in this world. You say your 'closest friend' ? I think you need to talk to him/her and tell them how you feel. Ask them to tell you when people are meeting up and ask can you come along.
Rebecca20
DM Lurker
DM Lurker
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Loneliness is killing me

Postby paulo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am

cheer up chic !
your the master of your own destiny, the captain of your ship,
not that i want to compare suffering, but i live in a town where im relativly new, have no friends so i go on boring forums to vent my feelings, im 1000s in debt (not my fault but because my tenents have landed me with a massive electricity bill) iv been single for about five years. but i have to soldier on because life is a lesson and i would like to pass the exams to get to the next level, (climbing the stairway to heaven !!)\
do some yoga,(with patients it really works)
paulo
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm


Return to Health And Fitness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Shared Bottom Border