Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Insomnia. What works for you?

Talk about diet plans, exercise regimen, weight training, stress managment, food, addictions, self-improvement and ways to get and stay healthy.

Insomnia. What works for you?

Postby Amalthea » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 pm

This is my fourth night not being able to fall asleep and getting back up and going back to bed too late to get enough hours of rest for myself.

I do not drink coffee after 5 pm weekdays, haven't had any alcohol in the last four evenings either, or strange food is eaten very late either. No new medications are taken, or new stressful events occurring as well.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Insomnia. What works for you?

Postby Darknesswithin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Have you tried melatonin? Sometimes your body is just out of whack.

Lack of exercise could be a cause too.

I remember in the past, just as I was laying in bed. I would replay the events of that day backwards, slowly. Like a slow rewind of that day, counting every detail. I would never make it to the beginning.

Sleep tight. :dreams:
Darknesswithin
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:07 am

Darknesswithin's idea of using melatonin is a good idea if you haven't used it before as a sleep aid.

I like to drink relaxing herbal teas ( caffeine free ones) at bedtime, even during hotter months because that tends to work for me and I sometimes take sleeping pills as options ( dr prescribed but I don't do that very often, for fear of addiction, lol) Reading helps too, just a chapter in whatever book before bed really tires me out.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:24 am

Thank you, Darknesswithin and Clementine.

I will investigate melatonin, do you take in liquid or pill form and only right before your bedtime? Does it make you groggy upon waking up?

I swim and run, but not daily, usually on weekends and once during my week when I find me. Nothing too strenuous.

What type of herbal teas do you prefer, Clementine to drink before bedtime and that you find relax the most?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Darknesswithin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Honestly i haven't taken melatonin in many years. And when i did it was a pill (supplement). About an hour or two before bed may be best. Aleve PM liquid gel knocks me right out as well.
Darknesswithin
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby cannydreams » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:48 am

I find the more time I spend getting direct sunlight in my mornings and afternoons, that could be walking to walk( parking a distance away) or walking to lunch or spending 30 minutes if the day is sunny and warm out in a park after work with a cold drink it always helps me sleep better.. and have a fan on in my bedroom in the warm months helps me too, if the room temperature is right for me I always sleep better and they say the white noise of a fan or even a sound machine relaxes you and helps you sleep. Also in colder months taking a bath before bed can help too. In supplements, I read before that increasing magnesium can possibly help too. You would need to read up on what supplements help with sleeplessness/insomnia.
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:55 pm

I will try to find a pill form of melatonin my Friday, thank you for suggesting this for me, Darknesswithin.

Cannydreams, Thank you.
I was looking into sound/white noise machines randomly the month before my insomnia hit me, maybe I should go back to that store and price them, and online review which are the best. I have an overhead fan in my bedroom and a cheap table one if I need extra in the summer month. I could also look into other supplements that sleep aid when I go and look for the melatonin, wouldn't hurt to double up on sleeping aids for myself.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Darknesswithin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am

You welcome.

How is your sleep currently?
Darknesswithin
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Amalthea wrote:Thank you, Darknesswithin and Clementine.

I will investigate melatonin, do you take in liquid or pill form and only right before your bedtime? Does it make you groggy upon waking up?

I swim and run, but not daily, usually on weekends and once during my week when I find me. Nothing too strenuous.

What type of herbal teas do you prefer, Clementine to drink before bedtime and that you find relax the most?

The one they always suggest is Chamomile tea.. but I hate the taste of that herbal tea so I prefer to drink peppermint/spearmint tea after meals for digestion ( try for caffeine-free teas if possible) and then lemon balm tea works great and I like the taste of it.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Darknesswithin, it is still bad but I have picked up melatonin and am starting it this Friday evening. Hoping for no more early am wakeups like I am now afterward.

Clementine, Thank you. I will pick up two sleep aid teas to alternate weeknights.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Robie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Good evening takes, Escholtzia, the restful and peaceful sleep plant Image Image
A natural anxiolytic that is perfectly tolerated by adults and children ... and that does not create addiction! To use in case of difficulty of falling asleep, anxiety or nightmares.
Robie
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Tal » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:36 am

Sleep.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Return to Health And Fitness