Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

fruit juice not so good

Talk about diet plans, exercise regimen, weight training, stress managment, food, addictions, self-improvement and ways to get and stay healthy.

fruit juice not so good

Postby otherworlds » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:44 pm

I am told fruit juice is not so good and i only need drink water but if fruits are good to eat and a number of them such as orange and pineapple are juicy to begin with, I wouldnt see the problem in having them in their liquid form
otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: fruit juice not so good

Postby dreamerseeker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:06 am

Fruits are very healthy. It's probably just the sugar content that is usually added to juice that makes it unhealthy.
dreamerseeker
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Tal » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:16 am

Raw fruit juice is ok, processed is not. The difference between eating fruit and drinking the juice isn't just the fibre content. For example, it may take 15 oranges to make a litre of juice which you can drink easily if you're thirsty. This means you're drinking not just the juice but also a lot more fructose (fruit sugar). You're very unlikely to eat 15 oranges in one sitting because you'll feel sick if you do and the fibre in the fruit will fill you up whereas the juice of one or two oranges wont'. Raw juice is easily absorbed by you body because it's squeezed fresh straight from the fruit. Processed juice is like sugar or white bread. All the good stuff has been stripped from it to give a much longer shelf life.
You're better off eating the fruit or squeezing it yourself and combining it with other fruits or vegetables.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby otherworlds » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:02 pm

i like the commercial where the orange juice says "look as hard as you want you wont find anything but oranges" i guess thats a good thing then?
otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Xwikki » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 am

Tal knows what's up.

Using juicer machines are home are essentially just liquid calorie/sugar makers. You need a substantial amount of fruit to make a small glass of juice. Buy a blender and think of quantities of fruit you would actually eat/is appropriate to eat in a day. I personally freeze fresh fruit that I buy and know I wont eat before it goes bad (also money saving), I use a cup blender (breville blend active) and add like half water, half frozen fruit to make a slushie/smoothie.

People seem to forget that just because it's natural sugars, it doesn't mean it's not still sugar (double negatives 4 lyf) and will make you put on weight if not done properly. Vegetables also can still be sweet/taste good if you add them to it and are much less sugar-wise. Also have a look at fruits which have high water content eg melon and use them for the base of your drinks.
Xwikki
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark

Postby Xwikki » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:49 am

otherworlds wrote:i like the commercial where the orange juice says "look as hard as you want you wont find anything but oranges" i guess thats a good thing then?

Be very wary of adverts because essentially they just want to sell you their product. You'd be surprised what companies can actually get away with saying as long as they don't absolutely state that this is what their product does/is.
Xwikki

Postby Fillary » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:43 am

fruit juice can be unhealthy on an empty stomach in the morning
Fillary
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Serish » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 am

Tal wrote:Raw fruit juice is ok, processed is not.

I'm with you in this point!
Serish
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Appelgold » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 am

When man was in the original evolutionary environment, finding something sweet was a rare experience. My guess is that early man would gorge on fruits only from time to time. Preindustrial age fruits were quite different from current commercial versions. The impact of ingesting sweet fruit beverages unaccompanied by complete meals, is largely unknown. It is easier to recommend juicing vegetables daily for health benefits. Nevertheless, if the question is whether or not to shift from carbonated fast food sugar drinks to freshly made fruit juices or smoothies, the choice is easy — go for the fresh juices with pleasure.
__________________________________-
http://topcamslist.com/
Appelgold
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Health And Fitness