Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

more than happy

Let out your artistic or creative side and share your artwork or photos with others.

more than happy

Postby greenhavoc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14 am

i would love to share my paintings with anyone willing to take a look,unfortuantly I'm 31and literally just bought a computer,so i have no idea how to attach a photo of my art work.I'm not trying to sell it, i sincerely just want to put my shit out there. so would some tell me what i need to do?
i think there may have only been 2 people in here actually worth a damn :left:
greenhavoc
the wrecking ball
the wrecking ball

Re: more than happy

Postby Nymph » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 pm

In order to upload an image of your art work, you'll need a scanner or a digital camera. With a scanner, you can directly take a digital copy of your piece and it'll be saved to the computer right away. From there, you can do some editing to the image to make sure it best suits your piece. However, if your image is on the larger size, then it may be larger than the scanning bed. You would have to scan it in pieces and manipulate the images into one. That can be annoying.

If you don't have a scanner, or you just don't want to deal with the second issue, then you could take a photo of it with a digital camera. Most digital cameras come with a zoom in/out feature so you can adjust it to fit your picture. You have to be aware of your angle in relation to your subject, because it can look off or the room behind it can show around the edges. From here, upload it to the computer via the camera's instructions (many are user friendly now). A lot of cameras come with a simple photo editing program, though not as sensitive and percise as Photoshop, it should be fine for the few touch ups that you may need to do.

A note on files, .png and .jpeg are used for still images. I prefer .png but it's not a big deal either way. Once the image is in the computer, make an account on a website such as Photobucket. That's the one I use, but there are other image sites. Most are free and give you a way to organize your images. Then, you can make a post and use ither the IMG or URL bbcodes to share them with us.

Code: Select all
IMG: [img]image url/address here[/img]
URL: [url=url/address]Name[/url]

Make sure you have an = sign in the url code, it is not defaulted when you press the buttons above the text box. What I mean by name is just a short little title or way to remember the image by.

I hope that makes sense; if you have any questions, then feel free to ask. I look forward to seeing your paintings! :heartpump:
Nymph
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Art And Photo Gallery