Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

My Tarot Project

Let out your artistic or creative side and share your artwork or photos with others.

My Tarot Project

Postby alynmo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:13 pm

MY
TAROT
PROJECT

THE FOOL
"To begin my life with the beginning of my life, I record that I was born"
-David Copperfield - Charles Dickens-

Hello! I am working on illustrating a tarot deck and compiling information for a guide book. I am interested in your thoughts on this. How you interpret the cards, how you interpret the different symbols on the cards, any favorite layouts for tarot or cartomancy. Anything pertaining to cards and or card readings that you would like to share. I may use some of the information in my project. I will, of course give credit and thanks to anybody who contributes to this project. I am doing this on my own, and come hell or high water, I will get this thing published. I have a few other of the Major Arcana that I will post. Please let me know what you think of this.

Peace,
A.

THE HIGH PRIESTESS
“We dance round in a ring and suppose, While the secret sits in the middle and knows”
-Robert Frost-

JUSTICE
"Justice is justly represented blind, because she sees no difference in the parties concerned. She has but one scale and weight, for rich and poor, great and small."
-WILLIAM PENN-

THE DEVIL
“Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do, will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, will never...never forget it.”
-Curtis Judalet-

Right now the illustrations are looking a little rough. They are all pen and ink, watercolor, and acrylic on velum. The only thing I have done to them since cutting them off the board is to scan them and add the copyright. I do plan on taking them through a photo shop type program and clean them up. Again, please let me know what you think. Be it good or bad, outside input is often very helpful with a large project such as this.

Thank you!

Peace :halo:
A
Last edited by alynmo on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Suess-
alynmo
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: My Tarot Project

Postby alynmo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:45 am

OK... I'm going to start this one myself.
To me the cards are the physical manifestation of the questioners subconscious. I believe that we are all born to this world with the subconscious knowledge of what our lives will be. We have this because we chose or were chosen before we were born. When we are in what I call the in between stages or between lives. There is a real good book on this called "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton PhD. The book is about where you go between lives. His case studies pretty much described a place where you meet with your "counselor", or "teacher". At this meeting you review your past life and lives. You make your plans on who you are going to be in your next life. You pick and choose your family and friends and some of them are chosen for you because they have lessons to teach that you have not learned yet. It is all very interesting. So... back to card readings... If you have all this knowledge stored in your subconscious memory banks and you ask a deck of cards a question while shuffling them, you are letting your subconscious put these cards in order for your reading. I just read the cards. Usually I start the reading as soon as the first card is laid. I do not know what question was asked while I am doing this. I usually get to the end of the reading with a stuptified person who asked the question with their mouth hanging open ans wondering if I am reading their mind. I will ask what the question is. Usually I am right on target with my readings. I have had a few people who decided that their question was just too personal to reveal so they try to tell me a different question when asked. I always know when they do this. I then let them know that I am only here to read for them. What goes on in their private lives does not really concern me, I'm not there to judge them, and that I am not going to blab their secrets out on the street. To me it does not matter. My motto is whatever floats your boat, as long as your not hurting anybody. If somebody dose start asking negative questions such as... "What serious problems will my ex have now that I'm gone?" I might go into some slight counseling on the power of positivity and the affect that negative thinking has on us. Negativity is a very vicious circle that none of us want to get caught up in, it all comes back to you. There are other times when I do a reading (this happens quite a lot) when I'm doing the reading and the questioner says that the reading has nothing to do with the question they asked but... It does pertain to a larger question that they didn't ask.
So...
If you have experience with the Tarot and would like to share information, please do.
If you don't have any experience with the cards but you have something to say about them... Again, please do.
I am interested in your view point.

Peace,
A. :heartpump:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Suess-
alynmo
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby JessicaBunny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 am

i really love the fool & the high priestess the most. the quotes with each are great too. :clap:
“The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them.”
JessicaBunny
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby alynmo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:23 pm

Thank you very much. There are more but I have to do some size editing before I post them.
-Dr. Suess-
alynmo
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:56 pm

It's hard to tell, but are there hidden objects in The Fool? They are All wonderful.
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby alynmo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:03 am

No, there are no hidden objects in any of the illustrations. Interesting idea tho... I may incorporate some hidden symbolics into these when I give them the photo shop go over. :D Thanks!
-Dr. Suess-
alynmo
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I thought the lake water in The Fool looked a bit like a wolf or a dog. And in the trees looks like a koi fish. Not to take away your creativity, but I thought Purple was the color of say a King or Queen or even a High Priestess. Using chakra colors of course.

All in All I'm really liking the set. How many more do you have to work on?

Krstystlclr :)

And curious, why the checkerboard floor? I really don't know much about Tarot readings or cards. So I am open to enlightenment here. 8-)
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Jinx1996 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 pm

I like them, very interesting.
"All good music resembles something. Good music stirs by its mysterious resemblance to the objects and feelings which motivated it."
-Jean Cocteau
Jinx1996
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby alynmo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:24 am

Thank you Jinx. :D

Krstystlclr...
There are more illustrations, I need to play with their size so I can post them. My insight on the black and white is that you can rise above polaric thinking and gain color in your life. The checkerboard is on the floor... can't get any lower then the floor unless you dig a hole. Also, to me the checkerboard is really a chess board. In the game of chess it is important that you plan your moves and anticipate the moves of others before you act, that's a lot like real life. The colors are not the Chakra colors. They are the colors that the ancient Egyptians attributed to the Major Arcana. These illustrations are not yet complete. They are the raw paintings, no photoshop clean ups yet, no titles yet, no numbers yet. There are also Hebrew characters and musical notes, alchemical symbols, planets, crystals and gem stones... the list goes on and on. I am still deciding what should be incorporated into this particular deck.

I have been asked if I would do a Chakra Oracle deck and an Angel Oracle deck... When asked about this I just smile and say... one thing at a time. This deck that I am working on now is still at least eighteen months out from completion. There is all together 81 illustrations that need to be completed. There are the 22 Major Arcana, the 16 court cards, the 40 pip or numbered cards, the back illustration, and the two blanks or "Jokers". I am not even halfway through the Major Arcana yet. This really is the beginning of this project. I have found that I could quite possibly do two or three of these illustrations in a day, but... I don't like to rush myself, nor do I care for how my work turns out when I turn myself into a printing press. There is also the factor of... Do I feel like doing this today? When I don't feel well, or just not in the mood, my work turns out horrible.

I also plan on having a full guide book for this deck. If anybody has a special layout that they prefer to use... I have a lot of different layouts using the entire deck, I am really looking for layouts using only the Major Arcana. I am also interested in meanings of combined cards and multiples. All input and submissions would be greatly appreciated. :)
-Dr. Suess-
alynmo
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Here are a couple more cards

Postby alynmo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:01 am

Here are three more cards. I do have more, but having to deal with the stupid pop up ads, sudden assaults to my hearing by these pop up ads, and the general slowness of photobucket is enough to wreck anybodies day.

The Chariot
"I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside."
-Wayne Dyer-

The Empress
"the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world"
-William Ross Wallace-

The Emporer
“I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.”
-George Carlin-
-Dr. Suess-
alynmo
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks for the reply, your art work and color combinations are wonderful. I particularly like the Emperor and the quote beneath the Chariot. For some reason, that quote suits me well. I get what you mean about the chess board. Life is not all black and white. I'm kind of getting a little fascination with tarot now.
Is there a site you could recommend where I could find out more? Also, I get what you mean about having to be in the mood or right frame of mind to draw. I used to draw a lot. I was more into illustration of animals and portraits,and landscapes with old forgotten buildings, but I just haven't wanted to draw or paint for over 20 years. I guess the gift left me when I left it. :banghead:
Once again, thanks for the info and insight. They are coming along beautifully. :cheers:
KRSTY
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby alynmo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:13 am

KRSTY,
Thank you again. I too have struggled with my work. Because of situations that I won't get into here, I packed up my supplies and placed them in the back of the closet for many many years. I took them out of the closet when I was taking an Architectural Drafting course at collage. I really thought that "I USED TO BE AN ARTIST" and I found out that I really still was an artist. We can store our gifts away and not use them, it doesn't mean that we have lost them or have even thrown them away. If you were to pull your supplies out of your closet, you may well find that the gift of the artist has not really left you. Some gifts we do loose over time because we don't cultivate and use them... like a beautiful singing voice needs to be constantly trained. Drawing and painting really isn't like that at all. The one thing that helped me back into the art world is something that one of my instructors said. He said that there is no such thing as perfection in art. How can we possibly create perfection in art if we are not perfect ourselves? Those words made me realize that I was stressing over something that just didn't matter. From there I became one of the best drafters in the area, I have had others buy and publish my illustrations, I was able to create a small fan base of followers of my work. Any thing is possible if you really want it.

As for sights on the net about the Tarot? There are many places to get information, and practice with free online readings. There are also some really good books out there. The best book that I have found so far would be "Tarot Plain and Simple" by Anthony Louis. This book has card meanings, situations, and what people are associated with each card. Needless to say, my copy of this book is quite worn and tattered compared to the other books I have bought on the subject that sit like new in my chest of mystical stuff.

I also have book marked several sights on the net that have helped me out with the Tarot learning process. (I started doing readings thirty years ago, the learning process does not end) Here are some links to some of the better sights that I have found...

http://www.e-tarocchi.com/index.php

This site has many different types of divination as well as tarot. The best way to learn is to do the readings. They have the Rider White deck as well as The Greenwood deck.

(ATTN!!!!!!! IF ANYBODY OUT THERE HAS A COPY OF THE GREENWOOD TAROT AND GUIDE BOOK... I DON'T HAVE MUCH MONEY BUT I WOULD BE WILLING TO TRADE LOW NUMBERED HAND SIGNED FULL COLOR COPIES OF MY ILLUSTRATIONS... ALL OF THEM IF YOU WANT THEM. I LOST MY COPY OF GREENWOOD TO THE CHRISTIAN BON FIRE MANY YEARS AGO AGAINST MY WILL AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER SET.)

There are many layouts to choose from at this sight... I would suggest that you stay with the basic Celtic Cross layout until you gain confidence with the cards.

This link is more on tarot meanings. there are other resources out there on the meanings of the cards, maybe better resources, but I kind of like this one.

http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/

This is a link to The Fools Journey. This is an abbreviated version of the story of the Major Arcana. I suggest it.

http://www.learntarot.com/journey.htm

As you browse you will find many resources for this topic. You might even find group meetings in your area for metaphysical pursuits.

Good luck with your Tarot adventures. If you have any questions about this... just ask... I might know the answer or I may not the answer, but I might be able to put you on the right track to find it.

Again, Good Luck with this.
Peace,
A. :heartpump:
-Dr. Suess-
alynmo
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Art And Photo Gallery