Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Is my story too dark?

Post your stories, songs and poetry or review/recommend a book.

Is my story too dark?

Postby Little8Bits » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:19 am

For the longest time I have been wanting to write a novel, but now that I have a solid idea of a basic plot, I ask myself if I should tone it down or not.

Anyways, let's say the story talks about kidnapping, a shady organization, and backstabbing. There are killings, primarily these are murders of family members. Both the side character and the protagonist go insane for a while, before returning to their normal states. There's a blur between realities towards the end, most likely the story ending in a cliffhanger or a new plot within the same book.
"Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again."
Little8Bits
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Is my story too dark?

Postby Sheena » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Every story has been told. You will produce only a variation. First you must decide which story you are telling. Then, is your various about the language, the semiotics of the narrative, something with content?
From what you have there suggest you read Murakami.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Literary Corner