Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreaming Never Ends

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dreaming Never Ends

Postby LoupGarou » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:34 pm

I guess I should start off with a short introduction. My name is Lisa, I am 29 years of age, and I live in Upstate, NY. I came in search of a site like this one, mostly, due to the fact that my dreams have become more spectacular as of late. Every night I fall asleep, only to wake up again. I don't me wake in my own bed, no longer sleeping. I mean I wake somewhere else.

It is safe to say I have been dreaming the same dream since I was 15. I know people and places. I know street names, and the buildings that reside on them. When I dream, I can map out where I am and how I could get somewhere else. What makes this odd, is that I have found no place (city, town, etc.) like this. I haven't even found a similarity between anywhere I have been. Now, the dreams are not always the same in feeling or subject, but I am always there... where ever there is.

I have found that I can do some of the decoding of my dreams, on my own. There are always certain things that stick out that have a rational deffinition. However, most of my dreams are just like a "day in the life," of me. Nothing odd. Nothing that would be a far stretch from what I would normally do. Why? If I am doing those things, or will do those things, why do I have to dream about them more?

When I wake from my dreams, I have to take a good moment to come back to here, as it were. Lately this process has been taking longer and longer. I walk around, not in a haze, but just with the feeling of that other place. It does feel different. It smells and sounds different. People are different too. I know that the faces we see in our dreams come right from memory. But if my memory serves, I have yet to dream of anyone I know in real life. I will also recognise people in my dreams, even if they haven't be present for many years.

It is sad to say, but I miss my dreams. I really think that I stay awake durring the day, only to be tired enough to crash at night and dream hard and long.
LoupGarou

Re: Dreaming Never Ends

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm

In the research from Harvard dreams are understood as coming from unresolved matters that day. Dreamer describes a lifestyle choked to insignificance by routine, full of stress but no meaningful challenge.
Contentment? Perhaps.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion