Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

soul mate

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

soul mate

Postby Karma » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:18 am

I had a dream I was with a man that I was planning to have a relationship with. I cannot remember what his face looked like and in my dream I was aware I would not remember this when I awoke. I asked him to write his name down so when I awoke and could not remember him ,I would remember what he wrote. He wrote a different name then I knew him by. I told him I did not know that was his "real" name. He responded that , this was his first name and he went by his second name. I felt very content to have found him and was looking forward to having a relationship with him. But I can only remember it was a long name...do not remember what he looked like, nor what he wrote.
DM Lurker

Re: soul mate

Postby endebendel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:44 am

something about masculine aspects of self that you are ready to integrate, or need to (situational?).
To name something is to control it. Perhaps too anxious about what you might be like if you were more assertive, more grandiose, more entitled, more active and outspoken. So, you overcontrol, overmanage. The name is too long for you to understand. This growth - or repair - of self will not be doable with what you already know: left hemishere, linear, sequential, logic thinking.
It is Intuition that beckons you here. Go with it. It will not be comfortable, and it may be frightening when it is best for you.
This is just beginning. That is why you cannot see 'his' face yet. As you accept intuition and strength more you may dream of the face.
In your life, stop writing to manage things. Stop making lists, stop write journals and diaries, stop texting and courriels and talk to those people instead.
endebendel
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Guineapirate » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:44 am

This sounds like a nice dream. I think it might mean that you should continue looking for your special "one". The fact that he goes by a different name than his first name might mean that you need to look extra hard for this person. He might be someone you already know, but haven't seriously considered to be a potential.

Take care.
Yarrrrrr, I'm dreaming of Tray-shur!!!
Guineapirate
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Karma » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:53 am

Thank you...great insight! I am a woman that is comfortable in her "skin". I am happily seperated (now) and never thought I wanted to meet anyone just now. I enjoy male attention but don't need it to feel "whole" or satisfied. I guess I thought I found my soul mate...then we broke up...over him....and gave up on the idea of "one soul mate"! Honestly, I am a lot more picky with what I want in a partner or mate..
thanks again, T
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion