Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Help with recurring element?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Help with recurring element?

Postby Snofferol » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:35 am

Hi all

This is my first time posting, but I've been using the site for a while. I keep a dream journal (I have since October last year, I never thought I'd keep it up as well as I have) and I've always had excellent dream recall. I suspect that like most of you, I have a special fascination with dreams that borders on obsession. Especially the atmospheres, the moods that seem to go with specific dreams.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because I've been having a lot of dreams with water in them, and I'm wondering if anyone can offer some insight. If I think about it, I've always had a lot of water in my dreams- usually I'm only submerged up to my waist or so, and the water is always calm. A few nights ago I was in the ocean, swimming up to an island (here I actually had to go underwater, doesn't happen often), after that I was on a beach where the sandy part was completely under water, walking through it (at waist depth), last night I was reclining in a shallow pool (not so much a pool in the traditional sense- it was under a lapa, it was about three feet wide and maybe average length) and about a week ago I had a terrifying dream (as much as any dream can be terrifying for me, I think I always have a sense of "I'm dreaming, and I enjoy dreaming", so even nightmares aren't that bad) where there was also a pool, but it was really deep and had a whirlpool that if you let it drag you down you go to the afterlife. I managed to get around it, but now that I think of it, earlier in that dream I was in a little area that was like a kindergarten which was also flooded only up to about knee height.

So any ideas?
Snofferol

Return to General Dream Discussion