Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Someone, please help!!!!!

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Someone, please help!!!!!

Postby myranda02 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:23 pm

I had two really odd dreams (odd for me anyway) two nights in a row. In the first dream I was in my grandmother's house. Standing all around the room were all of the important men in my life. Dad, granddad, brothers, uncles, friends, etc. Sitting in a chair was my ex-stepfather (who I had a terrible relationship with while I was growing up). He kept saying really hurtful things toward me. I can't remember what, only that they made me sad and angry. As he was sitting in the chair, I stood in front of him and started punching him. He didn't fight back but my punches weren't hurting him either. In the dream I felt very sad and disappointed that none of the other men in the room would help me fight him. They just stood and watched without saying or doing anything.

In the second dream, I was in an unfamiliar house but surrounded by family members, male and female. I was being held hostage by a man with a shotgun or rifle and he was demanding that I agree to marry him. Somehow I managed to get my own shotgun and I shot him repeatedly but I couldn't seem to hurt him. My shots would hit him but do no damage. In this dream, my ex-stepfather actually showed up and tried to help me fight the man off but he couldn't help either. Just before I woke up, I had decided to start asking the man questions about himself to try to get to know him. It seemed like I was thinking that maybe I could learn enough about him to fall in love with him and marry him, thereby saving myself.

Can anyone give me some insight into what these two dreams might mean???
myranda02

Re: Someone, please help!!!!!

Postby shereen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 am

I hold no experience on analysing dreams however yours interested me and I thought I would comment.
In both your dreams you say there is a male figure who you feel negative towards. This may just be a reflection of your waking life, as you mention he is your step father in the first dream and you could be letting go of your frustration you hold inside when you are awake. However it could be that you have issues with men. In the first dream all the men are standing watching. No one rushes to help and you feel hurt, you could have possibly had problems with men in the past? Relationships that have ended due to a lack of trust or the man has not ran to your defence in situations. The way you lash out in your first dream, but it has no effect, reminds me of many similar situations in my life where I crave attention from someone and dont receive it. Your means of getting that attention may have to change in order for you to get it.
As in each dream it is all family members around you, you could possibly be reaching out to them? You want to be acknowledged, however they seem to just be watching. Again emphasis on my point of changing your approach to achieve the respect or feeling that you need.
At the end you say you wanted to fall in love with this man and marry him so you could save yourself? I am interested in why you would feel this way. Maybe you are constantly trying to figure men out...asking them questions and getting no where...so you give in and settle. Your dreams may be a warning that what you want cant be given if you keep searching in the wrong places.
You are willing to marry in your dream, when you know nothing about this man. You are possibly in a stage of your life where you feel you need to hurry up and find someone?
My advice is to take your dreams as a warning and make the change of not settling and start standing up for yourself. You must also realise, the people standing watching in your dreams may not be helping you as it is actually something you have to do for yourself.
shereen

Re: Someone, please help!!!!!

Postby myranda02 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 am

A lot of what you're saying makes sense but a couple of things don't. Of course the things that don't are because of my situation which I didn't allude to because I wanted an interpretation on just the dreams, not on my life. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. I'd like to respond point by point and then maybe someone can tell me if my thinking makes sense. I wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it except that I NEVER remember my dreams. Maybe 3 or 4 times a year so it was weird that these two seemed so similar and that I remember them both still since they took place about a week ago. OK, so here's what I'm thinking:

You said maybe I have issues with men. I'd like to say no because the only man I've ever consciously had problems with was my ex-stepfather. However, being that my marriage isn't great right now, there could be something to it. I don't really know.

My means of getting attention: I hadn't thought of that before but I'm going to really have to now. I've recently come to realize in my life that the things I want, I'm going to have to get myself. Could my fighting alone but surrounded by family just mean that while I can stay close to my family I'm going to have to fend for myself?

As for me wanting to marry the man in the second dream I don't think I did a good job of explaining. In the dream it felt like that was the only way for me to neutralize the situation. He was holding me hostage and demanding that I marry him so I felt like if I agreed to marry him then maybe he would let me go or something. I have been married for about 5 years but I rushed into it and have been feeling recently like I'd settled. I was young and didn't really know him as well as I should have so maybe there is some truth in what you're saying about me settling instead of holding out for what I want.

Anyway, thanks again for your comment. I had another really weird dream early this morning that I'm going to post if you're interested :)
myranda02

Return to General Dream Discussion