Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

ooooooh :O

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

ooooooh :O

Postby Miss Underst00d<3 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:01 pm

i had this dream a while ago, then i had it again last week. any idea why?

I was standing in a feild, and i looked at this really old house, and it had a creepy old woman with white hair sitting on the porch. she had the scariest smile. then she had a large pair of shears in her hand, and she was cutting several strings. i, for some reason, knew that the strings represented peoples lives, and by cutting the string, she killed them. this dream was creepy, and i cant get it out of my head.
Miss Underst00d<3

Re: ooooooh :O

Postby Borders » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 pm

I can't remeber which it is but its either greek or roman religion.

The oldest part of fate, Atropos, the string cutter. She cuts the strings that represent the lives of people. Though what this means to you in your life, i don't know.
"So Farewell Hope, and with Hope farewell Fear, Farewell Remorse; All that is Good to Me is Lost; Evil be thou my good."

John Milton, Paradise Lost
Borders
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: ooooooh :O

Postby endebendel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Killing is good, as winter kills the nurturing earth to enable new growth.
So, you need to cut some ties, some strings, perhaps?
The old woman is your own inner wisdom.
She smiles because she is friendly to you; she is you.
The smile is perceived as scary because you do not accept her - which is how you are being self defeating.
endebendel
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion