Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Help me interpret this dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Help me interpret this dream

Postby RobertaLLoydJones » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:00 am

Right, I feel that you need some facts to help. I am 15 years old, my father died just over a year ago. I think i have had this dream twice.

About 3 or 4 years ago I had a rather strange dream that I have never had again. It was simple and repetitive and seemed very irrelevant. I was in either my late 20's or early 30's and very pregnant. I entered the hospital, having gone into labour, and went to the reception desk to check in but they sent me away saying it was too soon, that I wasn't dilated enough. So I went away and then came back again and they said the same thing. So I complained and challenged what they said, I eventually left again. Then I came back later and they said the same thing and I challenged it and stayed at the reception desk until they checked me in. Then the dream ends.

I don't mind the whole coming and going thing. The one aspect which now really bothers me is that for the entire dream my father was at my side, comforting me, holding my over night bag. He never left and he was the only person with me. So the fact that he has now died makes me wonder if the dream was a sign, a metaphor. As I was 11 or 12 when I had it and I assumed that I would go into labour and my dad, due to some circumstances, would be the one to drive me to the hospital, I thought that he would be there in flesh and blood. But now that is impossible and I wonder if there is a deeper meaning for example:

I am in fact alone in the hopital but my fathers spirit is present, that he is actually there, he will be doing all the things he did in my dream, I just wont be able to see him??

If you think this is a load of rubbish please be honest, I will not be offended.
RobertaLLoydJones

Return to General Dream Discussion