Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Have we really been reading the Bible???

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Have we really been reading the Bible???

Postby slipnine179 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:29 am

hey just wanted to know if anyone has read the bible...maybe king James...and found anything weird about it?? for instance have we really been reading the bible or listening to others talk about it? To start you off read this scripture in Genesis 3

"13: And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14: And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Since Abel was the first to be born out of sin....analyze the word Enmity! Find its meanings and let me know what you think.

benne'
slipnine179
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Have we really been reading the Bible???

Postby slipnine179 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:30 am

also look at "enmity between her seed and your seed!!!
slipnine179
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby endebendel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:55 pm

You are out of line.
What are you selling?
endebendel
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby revealer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:14 pm

FYI There is a forum on faith that you could have posted this to. I am not certain exactly what your question is in regards to the third chapter in Genesis, but I am going to take a stab at what your driving at.

When Adam and Eve first sinned in the garden certain curses where pronounced against mankind in general. The curses can also be found later in the same chapter. What you are speaking of is the curse against the seperent. The serpent is representative or symbolic of the devil in this matter. When the lord spoke and said he would be enmity between his seed and mankind. It is a prophetic word. Prophecy simply means a foretelling word of knowledge. Many theologians speculate that this verse is pointing to the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.

When the lord says "you will bruise his heal, and he will crush your head," there is again speculation of theologians, that the moment Jesus was nailed to the cross, was the exact moment that the devil was given his due with the crushed head.

Hope this helps... :dusto:
revealer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to General Dream Discussion