Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can someone help me understand my dream...

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Can someone help me understand my dream...

Postby shereen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:35 am

I dreamt that I was visiting a friend at her home, and as I took a tour of her home I opened each door to find an unfamiliar person, strapped down to a bed and they all had some sort of disability. I however was not disabled in my dream, I was as I am in everyday life, I do remember feeling unhappy in my dream however. I was jealous of this flat my friend was living in and as I got further on in my tour, the next room was empty and I think it was there for me to stay in. The empty bed with the straps, I dont know how to relate this to my life? I sometimes find myself bored of my everyday routine, maybe my dream could reflect this in some way? I could be leading myself into a trap that will have me stuck there. Almost as if I need to make a change to improve my life? Any opinions please! Thanks.
shereen

Re: Can someone help me understand my dream...

Postby nluvwitwcc0823 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:37 am

I think you probably feel sort of tied down in your life. Maybe you feel like your unable to make choices for yourself.
nluvwitwcc0823

Postby evildrspock » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 am

Sounds to me like the friend might be clingy or inhibiting to her friends, like strapping them down. except, That would mean the people strapped down would probably be familiar to you . . . in any case, it seems to me to be telling of the nature of your friend, that she is "disabling" in some way. Of course, that makes it interesting when you are jealous of this house. That, perhaps you feel. . . jealous of not being disabled?

Sometimes limitations can be freeing. Perhaps you want some guidance through limitation. Maybe somehow wanting more attention from your friend.

Perhaps the dream is saying that staying within the safe, comfy walls of a house and bed is somehow disabling or hindering. like, to live with her would be disabling to you. It is curious that you want this situation, and are jealous. It suggests almost that you desire to hinder yourself, or that you have dark desires that are actually not best for you (like, that being jealous of your friend's disabling house suggesting that what you want and desire in waking life is hindering/disabling).

I would almost go with what you said in the end of your post, what I just wrote (rewritten for emphasis) - that being jealous of your friend's disabling house suggesting that what you want and desire in waking life is hindering/disabling to you, and thus the dream perhaps acts as a warning to consider what you want/desire, and where that will take you. Like, the nature of one's desire to be in a relationship might be hindering due to the nature of their desire, and their beliefs about love. Or, You might desire to be skinny, but would end up leading to unhealthy living/eating habits (as the desire is to be skinny/thinner, rather than say maintain a healthy bodyweight). Or something like that.
evildrspock

Postby shereen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:27 am

These suggestions are very helpful. I think that having limitations can be freeing, I agree with almost all of what you said, I think my dream is a warning that my desires in life cant be reached with the attitudes I have on things. Maybe letting go of certain worries will increase my chance of getting to where I want to be. In response your comment on my desires regarding weight and relationships, I agree I need to be more open minded and not have pre-conceived judgements, however I still think the dream could symbolise my need to stay true to my morals. Anyway thanks for the help! I have a lot of thinking to do now!
shereen

Return to General Dream Discussion