Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Final Play... a Spit Ball

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Final Play... a Spit Ball

Postby Naba-Daba-Doo! » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:54 am

I was in the dug out with the team, it was the bottom of the ninth. The setting of the field was unusual. The whole playing field for some reason, was up-ended and vertical. If you think of a diamond shape ball field the pointed end, Home Plate was underground and was stuck in the ground almost to the pitchers mound.
For some reason the odds were against us now but we had one final play at bat to go. As a team ritual we passed the last ball around and each of us spit on it for luck before it went into play. We did this to stir up some team spirit for the final game play.

I just remember there was a question as to who was going to be up for bat and an older guy was declined because the field was buried too deep. A younger guy was going up, but we still all knew we needed the team spitball for luck. :rawr:
Naba = to prophesy
Daba = kind words
Doo! = w/enthusiasm
Naba-Daba-Doo!
A Sign Of The Times
A Sign Of The Times

Re: Final Play... a Spit Ball

Postby Gus Who » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:18 am

This is a good dream to bounce back from :goldblob: as it's shows you have team spirit. Though your right as the odds are clearly being stacked against your team if it's tilted that much. Kind of how I see the justice system at times. As judges and lawyers stack the playing field, and you have to know how to play...

Well the spit on the ball is just like the spin on the ball that I have been putting a coat on about "spirit" stuff as from the other realm. As if your on the pitcher and catcher side you need to use those finger jesters that the other team can't understand. You want to play on a level field, knowing that it's not level, it's kind of that beat up old playground field that aways tilted for the home team those non-believers in blessings and curses kind of stuff.

Hmm... A game were you get to send up your best batter, when the game is on the line. Well it depends on the pitcher and what his pitches as a team can spit on one side of a ball to make it spin the way you like... But it's sounds like your the home team (if it's the bottom of the ninth, or is that just a feeling?)

Some advice save your best batter for the last out, as spit ball wars are never pretty...

Are you on some sort of team project right now?
I wish you all well - Good bye[/size]
and Yes, I think you are all crazy!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Gus Who » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Going through my line up... batty up!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Naba-Daba-Doo! » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:56 am

can't say I remember much of this old dream you dug up...
but the team putting the spit on the ball has a sense of "The Right Stuff"
as in personal DNA

Like having WAT it takes to get the job done

Well it's sort of a double :dummy" :dummy" header
to believe IN yourself and believe IN the Spirit within you
Naba = to prophesy
Daba = kind words
Doo! = w/enthusiasm
Naba-Daba-Doo!
A Sign Of The Times
A Sign Of The Times

Postby Gus Who » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:54 am

Cents it’s a spit ball ... chew on Gazo, and trying to spit - spat it out :computer: (as time is running ... :creeping: out Heere at the Wall)

.... as the ‘Abomination Code’ Isreal going to happen, no Messi around, as I play for the Earthquakes (happen-inn U.S Supreme Court case)... for the World Cup :cheers: (Wii the People as... inn - sane goes)

Last play that Wii should called is thy ... Hay-all ... :halo: Marry
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Batman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Maybe Wii should share some PM ... like
Naba-Daba-Doo! wrote:I happened to get up early this morning and saw your post to PaleHorse.
He had pulled it down later.

I didn't know at first when I saw my notification "on Probation"
I thought it was because they took the joke of the post wrong

then I saw the notification that he didn't like multiples...
I was a little surprised as I was beginning to think there were lot's of them and some really obvious references that I thought they already knew.

What really threw me was... I had made a direct reference in chat "I thought Gus Who would find us by now" (I knew you were logged in) and Tina says... He's still sleeping on the couch
HA HA I was starting to think you were Palehorse... shock
Well that theory went out with the duel notification.

As slow as the site has gotten I thought we were doing them a favor by stirring things up a bit.

I PMed Palehorse but didn't get a reply... I think part of it is he's really been having a lot of trouble with spammers and got a little paranoid that we were part of it. Have to admit some of the weird post would be easy to conjecture.

I saw a reply he had made to Laucashel (I guess he canned her too) they worked it out. she had duel posted dreams (like me) that wasn't the issue. He said he jumped the gun with her and was explaining to her that he didn't allow multiple usernames. so at that point I'm not sure he's changed his mind any. Didn't really think they were that pissed as there is still an un-answered post question of mine halfway down the first page asking about multiple usernames from the same IP. ooops!
well, what a day... see what happens
Ya the hose trailer read ended up quite a shock... If you ever get back, I think you'll have some good posts together... I'll try not to screw it up. HA

See ya :wave:

If I ever get back... I say usernames aren’t the problem... as Palehorse had a problem with trying to control a dream site to much that it went dark, and now is linked up to Redit. Now compared to this site, most things just grew too what they were... As Wii the usernames should and Doo have Universal rights... and one of those is to Find or Start up such dream field to play inn.
GOOD BYE
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Return to General Dream Discussion