Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can someone help me interpret the follwing dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Can someone help me interpret the follwing dream

Postby Sonjay » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:20 am

Hi,
Hope someone can shed light on the following dream, i have it more or less every couple of months or so for a few years - here goes;

I answer the door of my house and my best friend is standing in front of me, i am amazed as he has an arm missing, i panic and ask him what's happened, he says nothing is worng and wonders why i have all my limbs. I then wander around my street and see peple i know all with various limbs missing - i offer them help, but everyone says they don't need it and that i need help as i have nothing missing. I have 2 kids, they are never in the dream, my wife is also never in the dream nor the rest of my close fmaily.

I hope someone can shed light on this dream.

Thanks a lot.
Sonjay

Re: Can someone help me interpret the follwing dream

Postby SueBee » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 am

Wow, interesting dream!

I think reoccurring dreams are always important to us.

I had a few thoughts about your dream initially so I'll give you all angles I could think of. I'm curious to see what you think your dream means.

I was thinking perhaps you see people in society as needing to lose parts of themselves in someway-- whether it be parts of their true self, their inner child, some other aspect of self they may need to eliminate to conform-- and perhaps you feel you are holding onto who you are but believe others view you as having a problem. The dream seems to have a "I'm fine but the world is wrong" type of feel to it. In the dream, it is apparent that you may value something and cherish a part of you while you feel the world's reaction is negative towards you.

I was also thinking that its possible the best friend was a part of you-- an aspect of self. Your dream could have been a reflection of choices you have made within yourself-- within your own world. Perhaps you are walking around with only partial expressions of different aspects of yourself, perhaps you are walking around with the delusion that is is entirely normal or proper to lose parts of yourself you need.

Since it was arms, it could also symbolize a possible belief that people or you should not nurture yourself and take care of yourself-- similarly take care of others as well.

What do you think? I'm just throwing out thoughts here.
SueBee
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Can someone help me interpret the follwing dream

Postby Ground Meat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 am

I believe this:
SueBee wrote:I was thinking perhaps you see people in society as needing to lose parts of themselves in someway-- whether it be parts of their true self, their inner child, some other aspect of self they may need to eliminate to conform-- and perhaps you feel you are holding onto who you are but believe others view you as having a problem. The dream seems to have a "I'm fine but the world is wrong" type of feel to it. In the dream, it is apparent that you may value something and cherish a part of you while you feel the world's reaction is negative towards you.

to be a fairly accurate interpretation in my own experience of dreams.

I would however think that
SueBee wrote:I was thinking perhaps you see people in society as needing to lose parts of themselves in someway
better interpreted, in my opinion, as you seeing ppl as missing something in life that you have and that they are entirely happy without having it.

The fact that your family is never included in this dream would indicate to me, that you feel your family is 'perfectly fine' as it is.

I mean no disrespect SueBee, just adding my own interpretation to what you said.
Ground Meat

Return to General Dream Discussion