Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I need help understanding this dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

I need help understanding this dream

Postby GreenThinker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:19 pm

I had this dream a few nights ago about chasing a crow. The crow itself wore a wide-brimmed hat, somewhat like a fedora, and it was night out with all the trees devoid of any leaves. The moon was bright out and was really helpful as I tried to catch this crow. However, every time I got so close, someone I knew would pull me away to run an errand for them, or help them with something. I don't remember what I did to help anyone, but everytime I came back the crow was waiting for me, and then I'd chase it again. Can anyone help me with this please?
GreenThinker

Re: I need help understanding this dream

Postby Asclepius » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Trying to catch a rival whom you find annoying (the crow). You are somewhat afraid of him/her. You don't know which as implied by the fedora. Someone you've met before. You don't have a whole lot of time to purse the "crow" because of real work to be done yet you keep trying when you have time.

If this makes no sense, please ignore. I confess it came off of the top of my head.
Asclepius
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby GreenThinker » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Thank you very much Asclepius. Now I just need to see where this applies to my life haha
GreenThinker

Postby MagiusdelCotto » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:43 pm

I'll take a crack at this one...

We have a few elements to consider in this dream - the fedora-wearing Crow, the fact that it takes place at night, and the friends that keep pulling you away from your chase to help them out.

I think the friends are clear enough - you either have been feeling, or are beginning to feel that your friends expect too much from you, and keep pulling you away from what you really care about (the crow). It doesn't sound like you resent them for it, or feel that they're holding you back, but you do find that it is distracting you from achieving your goals.
The fact that it takes place at night indicates that this is unrelated to your work, or day, life. It could also mean something that you want to hide, but the bright moon runs counter to that.
Finally, we have the crux of the dream - The Crow. This could represent a number of things, I think. I'd guess either a love interest or a hobby, old fashioned judging by the fedora. You're chasing it, despite all of the distractions from your friends, meaning it's something you desire greatly, and the fact that it's always there once you've finished tells me that you're not scared of it going away.
To sum up, I'd say that you're feeling that you're being distracted by your friends from what you feel is truly important in your personal life, but your fine with that since you know that it's always going to be there, waiting for you, even though it may be just out of reach.
Did I hit anywhere near the mark?
Magius out.
MagiusdelCotto

Postby GreenThinker » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Wow that really helps a lot. Thank you guys.
GreenThinker

Return to General Dream Discussion