Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What does this dream mean?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

What does this dream mean?

Postby hrwalter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:47 am

The dream started with me hanging out with my boyfriend of the time, Clayton, and his younger brother in a small room only big enough for a small bed, a dresser, and a television. The bed was unmade with the sheets half off, and no blanket. Various knickknacks littered the dresser, and many clothes hung out of its open drawers. The TV was older, and had a playstation two hooked up to it, where we were watching Clayton and his brother play. I think to myself that in real life my boyfriend doesn’t have a younger brother, and we would never be hanging out at his house playing video games. I then realized that this wasn’t Clayton’s family, it was my housemate Kevin’s family substituting for Clayton’s family. It was time for me to meet the rest of Clayton’s family, and I was feeling very nervous. What if they didn’t like me? I hadn’t planned on meeting them; if I did I would have dressed better. I was worried because I was wearing brown zip up boots with a long black skirt. I explained this to Clayton, but he just laughed at me and told me that I looked fine. Without having any choice I left the comfort of the small room and went to meet the rest of his family.
Clayton’s mom was the first person I met. She was sitting on the living room couch. His dad was at work. (In my dream this seemed ok, but in real life Clayton’s parents are divorced.) His mom smiled at me and invited me to sit on the couch with her. She was looking at pictures, and remembering past events. Clayton’s sister was about to get married and his parents were going to renew their vows on the same day. I was invited to the wedding, and all of the events leading up to the ceremony. I thought that the idea of getting married on the same day as your parents were renewing their vows was very cute and romantic. It was very nice of them to invite me to celebrate with them. I thought it was weird that even though a huge event was about to happen no one was stressed; everyone was relaxed and going about their day as usual. I sat next to his mom on the couch and she began to show me the pictures, explaining each in detail. Many of the pictures were of Clayton’s family on vacation. I felt really happy because it seemed as though Clayton’s family liked me, and were starting to accept me. While Clayton’s mom was talking about the family’s favorite vacation spots she decided that it would be a good idea to go visit the vacation spots and remember all of the good times that the family had before the wedding. It seemed like a good idea for me because I liked hiking in the woods. Now all we had to do was wait for Clayton’s dad to get home from work so he could go with us. I was not as nervous about meeting his dad because the rest of Clayton’s family and I got along great. In the meantime Clayton’s mom and sister told me about how much they liked me, they said I was a great person, and that they were glad that Clayton was with me. They hoped that they would be having a ceremony for the two of us in the future. That made me feel great, it was like I was part of their family, why was I worried at all about his family not liking me?
Clayton’s dad finally came home and we all loaded up into the car and went to the Muskegon River, and the Peer Marquette River. I recognized the two places because my grandma has a cabin on the Peer Marquette River and I went tubing there all the time. I had also been kayaking on the Muskegon River. Once we arrived at the river we left our shoes in the car and began to walk in the water down river. We talked about life and I told them about my grandma’s cabin, and the time I went kayaking with my family. Clayton’s family seemed really interested in what I had to say. They were happy to know that I knew about the two rivers. We shared past stories centering on the two rivers. It started to get dark and everyone decided it was time to start heading back because we still had the wedding to go to. Clayton’s sister and brother rode in a car, and Clayton, his mom, his dad, and I rode in the SUV.
Clayton and I were riding in the back seat while his dad was driving, and his mom was sitting shotgun. We came across a crime scene; we had to stop so the police could check the license plate. There was caution tape around a grassy area on the side of the road with an outline of a man in the grass in a dark red liquid. There were two little boys standing by a man sitting on the ground. The rather husky man was shirtless, but he was covered in his own blood. The little boys were shaking their heads while the man said “I don’t know how this happened, she was only eight.” You could tell that the little boys were his son’s, why weren’t they hurt? In my head I thought about what kind of person could have done this to someone. I thought the scene was really weird and it gave me the shivers. The police gave us the ok to go ahead and we continued on our way.
We were driving on a paved road through the country talking about random things when we drove up to Clayton’s sister and brother in the car. Clayton’s sister was driving, and his brother was in the passenger’s seat. She was crying. Clayton’s mom rolled down her window and asked his sister if what was wrong. She said that she couldn’t find the road. I was confused because I could clearly see the road in front of me. I expressed this to Clayton and he just shushed me. I listened and held my tongue. Clayton’s dad told her to follow him. She nodded, and we continued on the road. I started talking again and Clayton’s dad asked me to be quiet, so that he could concentrate on the road. This confused me even more; I could clearly see the road. I began to get scared and sat closer to Clayton. Clayton’s mom then started talking about how it was a beautiful day to play outside. Who wouldn’t want to play on a day like that. For some reason I knew that she was talking to the little girl, the same little girl who had hurt that man down the road. I was really starting to get scared. I felt like I was in a horror movie. I could feel someone behind me. I didn’t want to turn around because I was afraid there would be a little girl behind me ready to kill me. Then I felt my ponytail get pulled. As if someone was playing with me by pulling my ponytail. That is what woke me up.
hrwalter

Return to General Dream Discussion