Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Post your dreams, and I'll interpret them.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Re: Post your dreams, and I'll interpret them.

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am

MementoMori34 wrote:This is the most disturbing dream I have ever had in my life.. I still get the chills when I think about it.. It's been a while since I've had it, so I can't remember all the details, but here goes.

So what I remember is being in a parking lot with a group of people surrounding me and my father. These people came up to me and gave me a gun; I can't remember like anything about them but I feel they were government-related. My father was on his knees and they made me kill him. I don't recall any consequences or anything to actually force me to, but I did it. I killed him, and then I was at home. My mom was telling me it was okay, I had to do it. So then I take his bones over to the sink in the bathroom next to his room and put them in, and clean them off.. That's all I can remember.

Hi dear,
I would have preferred you answer a few questions first about your father, but let's analyze it without it since I'm two days behind.

The "government people" symbolize a higher force of identity. They give you a gun, a symbol of assertion, power, and authority through force. The kill was a moment of disconnection by those means. This may correlate with some need to cut off your father's legacy in order to form your own identity, in waking life. I think you should listen to your mother when she comforts you that you had to do it. You end the dream with cleaning the bones, describing how you are making clean the dead legacy within yourself, and preparing to redirect your energies.

Hope that helps.
http://www.dreaminsight.org
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: please help

Postby jamez79 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:41 am

working for some people that where hurting and killing people.met a beautiful woman she was pregnant.we started falling in love. we where trying to get some papers to the cops to stop the bad guys while being persued and riding a blue motorcycle racing around dodging a semi truck and fence and i drop her some where so she would be safe then i go to the cops and give them the paper work and started going back for her but woke up
jamez79
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: please help

Postby jamez79 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:41 am

working for some people that where hurting and killing people.met a beautiful woman she was pregnant.we started falling in love. we where trying to get some papers to the cops to stop the bad guys while being persued and riding a blue motorcycle racing around dodging a semi truck and fence and i drop her some where so she would be safe then i go to the cops and give them the paper work and started going back for her but woke up
jamez79
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby standupeight » Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 am

Hi -- I am new here and actually joined just to get some feedback about this strange dream I had the other night. I've looked up general info about it but am curious what a "dream expert" would say. I don't remember very much about the dream, but I was on a beach and it was clear I had somewhere to go. You could say I was almost on a mission - I was looking forward and walking rather quickly. The strange aspect of the dream is that I was walking over a line of dead horses that were strewn along the beach where the tide meets the sand. They weren't rotting or disturbing in any way, besides being dead. They were magnificent, beautiful horses - mostly white - and I was stepping over their necks & manes to get where I needed to go. I don't remember being scared or upset in the dream - it was what it was. Of course once I woke up, I got upset realizing that this couldn't possibly mean anything good! What's your take on it?

Thanks so much
Sabrina
standupeight
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Mary » Mon May 11, 2009 11:25 am

I had a very vivid dream last night that I was caught in a war zone.

No one expected it. I was standing in a street in a small town and suddenly I heard a rumor that we were going to be attacked by soldiers with bombs strapped to them. I doubted it, then suddenly turned around and men in wheelchairs with green umbrellas floating above them where surreptitiously being lowered to the ground by green parachutes. They would land and casually assimilate themselves into crowds. It was my feeling that the bombs they were carrying were very powerful. I wanted to tell someone and I wanted to hide.

Everytime I would think of a potential strategy one of the many wheelchair men would ride by or be looking at me from their wheelchair, they were always at some distance away.

I decided to move around the building I was standing in front of, an older wood building with a covered front porch when I got around the side of the building there was a forest with a wide running trail leading out onto an open area with a two-lane thru-road down the hill from it, there were a good number of people running casually on the trail as if nothing was happening. I suddenly had the feeling I could just walk away.

As soon as I started taking the path, there were gun shots firing in the woods next to the path. Soldiers came running out of the woods and shot everyone. They didn't seem to see me even though they were right up on me. I couldn't run, so I laid down, I had the feeling that I would be OK then I had the feeling that this one soldier would shoot me, I had no way of knowing which way it would go, there was no reason for them to spare my life, but I wasn't sure I would be shot either. I lay there on the ground not sure whether to play dead or run, my mind was trying to figure out all the ways this could go. I woke up before anything else occurred.

Details: There was a wide area of green grass on either side of the running trail between the trail and the road on one side and the trail and the woods on the other. The town was full of people, but I didn't interact with anyone else in the dream. There were times when I wanted to yell out but didn't for fear of attracting attention. The soldiers where consistently Asian, specifically Phillipino like build and look. Very lucid, the details were crisp. The soldiers were always at some distance, but the wheelchair soldiers could see me, the combat soldiers seemed to not be able to see me.

So strange to dream about a ground war in a local American town.

Thanks. Would love to do a blog post on your site.
Last edited by Mary on Wed May 13, 2009 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mary
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Wimpire » Mon May 11, 2009 11:32 am

I've been wondering for a while about this dream, so if you could help me out, I'd be really thankful.. =)

I was at my apartment, and it was like... filled with people, and they were all stealing my food and pretty much violently throwing it in their mouths like pigs. In the dream I think it had happened lotsa times before, and I really didn't have much against it, but I also remembered that my stepmother had told me to put a stop to it. She didn't like the mess they were making (even though it was my apartment...) so I tried to tell them to stop, but none of them listened to me even for a second, they were all going through my kitchen in search for food.
After quite a long time, I finally got them to stop. Then all of a sudden, my ex girlfriend is there, and I get really happy at the sight of her cause, I realise, we were still together in the dream. Everyone at my apartment thought I was a boring b*tch cause I put a stop to their eating, and my ex just says "I know, since she came back from death, she's been quite annoying. When she hasn't been crying, of course." I just said "I can't believe you'd say that..." and ran into another room. After a while, I realised that I really still wanted to be with her and should not waste the chance, so I went back into the room where she was.
For some reason, suddenly, I got a nosebleed and fell down on to the floor. Only, instead of blood, there was this chocolatey powder coming out of my nose. o_o I was convinced that it was blood, though.

Also, later in this dream, I was at my school, and I saw my teacher wearing a necklace that I've lost in real life. He wasn't really discreet about it either, the necklace has a huge crystal in a spiral of steel wire. I remember too that I had no thoughts of trying to get it back, but that I just felt really, really hurt by it. What the hell is that about? O_O

Later in this dream I was at a grocery store, and people started coming up to me asking for my autograph. (No, I don't really have that high thoughts about myself, really! :D ) When I was to sign a postcard for some guy, it took me like... 2 hours to finish writing 3 sentences or something. When I was done with the "shopping" and walked out of the store, the same guy came to return the card that I'd signed for him. When I asked him why he said that "it's such a long drive home to my sister, and come on, it's so embarrassing." Again, I felt no anger, I just felt... "Okay, that's just weird, but okay. Fine."

I often dream that I have to get a lot of people to something, like working in a garden (happened a number of times) but they just don't want to, and when I finally get them to start doing it, I realise it's wrong, and have to make them stop really fast. Which, again, they don't want to. All panicky all the time.

So, if you could help me out, thanks alot! And I'm sorry if it's hard to understand, my English is not the best. Thanks!
Wimpire
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby lipglossgal88 » Mon May 11, 2009 12:38 pm

hi i just want to say thx for creating a thread for interpeting dreams for people. i this is an old quick dream i had ignored for a while,it was about me being at my church and i was apparently older like 30 something but when i looked into the mirror i look the same so 10 years younger im 20.any way the whole thing was about me having this baby and it was a little girl and she was beautiful and i was married as well and i seen my husband and he turned out to be a good friend of mine i wasnt shocked just didn't think i would marry him and have a baby.

every one that was there that goes to my church and they were happy to see me :) and my family it seemed like haven't been there for your years. the reason it was weird to me because my parents don't like the man in "real life" that i married in the dream :?
Do what YOU love LOVE what you do
lipglossgal88
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Airlyeth » Mon May 11, 2009 12:45 pm

I've been having some strange dreams lately and I can't seem to fathom what they are about. Maybe you could check out this latest one and see what you can unlock in my unconscious. :D

Before the main dream I had a series of mini dreams, if you like. They basically involved me waking up to members of my family coming into the house. At first it was my grandad and then it was my aunt and my two cousins. Nothing really happened that I can remember other than in the dream I woke up and heard them coming into the house.

The main dream is much stranger. I'm at this swimming pool, but I'm not swimming. I decide that I want to leave so I'm looking for an exit but all I see is people getting into what seem to be pull down drawers. All I can relate it to is what we put the cashbags in at work. You pull the handle down, slide the bag in and shut it, then pull it down to check that the bag has gone. In the dream there is priest standing next to these drawer things and people are getting in and the priest is shutting the drawer and then opening it and the people are gone. I walk up to one of them and ask the priest if that is the only way out and he says yes. I watch as about four people cram into this thing and he shuts it but as he pulls it back open I can see that they are stuck, and he pushes it again and they go. I say to him that I don't want to get in one of them, that I am scared of getting stuck in it and suffocating. He says that it's the only way out so I run off looking for another exit.

I find an emergency exit and push through it and all these alarms go off. I carry on running but for some reason I am suddenly Sasha from Hollyoaks. In the soap she is involved with this guy called Warren and he is in the dream. We are on the run, but we are kind of like terrorists, and Warren takes this kid and binds him in the sleeping bag type contraption and hangs him above some railways lines. We then decide to run off but I'm back as me again.

We run into this town and it's kind of like an old cobbled high street. As we move up this hill there are these people in contamination suits and they are spraying everyone with this pink liquid. I walk up to one of them and she says to me that there is a herpes epidemic and that what they are spraying is going to cure us. At that point I put my hand up to my mouth and I feel what is like a coldsore on the corner of my mouth.

As these people are spraying us people are trying to leave the town, saying something like people are starting to kill each other or something. I'm running down all of these backstreets and eventually I come to this park that used to be where I lived. The park is in two sections. One is the sections for young kids and the other is the section for older kids. Me, my mum, my dad and my sister are in the section for young kids which has a hut and some baby swings. And my aunt, my uncle, my grandad and my two cousins are in the section for older kids which has a climbing frame and some swings.

It's implied that we have this virus which makes us kill each other and we're supposed to keep to our own sections. When we go to sleep we're afraid that someone might come over from the other side and kill us so we both elect someone to stand guard. My dad is the guard from our side and my grandad is the guard from the other. For some reason, the next day, we have to fight each other but the people on the other side are no longer my family.

The guy I have to fight is kind of like a minotaur. The fight consists of me sitting in the adult swing and swinging while trying to kick out at him and kill him, while he has to try and grab and kill me. So I'm swinging on this swing and kicking out but I can't hit him and he keeps trying to grab me but I swing out of the way. While this is happening I am terrified that I am going to die but kind of resigned to it because either way I'm going to die. After a while of trying to kill each other the minotaur gives up and asks this guy in an Iron Maiden t-shirt to do it for him. I go back to swinging and get a couple of kicks in but he can't get to me. He says something about my swinging technique and how it is superior, so this minotaur guy gets really angry and tells me to kill the guy in the Maiden shirt. So I start kicking him.

Then I wake up to find myself kicking out at this guy trying to kill him.

I know it's really long winded. Sorry about that but thank you for taking the time to read it.
Airlyeth
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby hotdog22b » Mon May 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Can you interpret this dream I had.
I dreamt that I was in my old high school football field's field house and I was sort of observing what was going on there. There was a very young sexy girl there with her boyfriend. She is begging the boy not to leave her and she takes her clothes off. The boy seems to like her but he hears his friends calling him to come out onto the field. He tells the girl to wait right there for him so she does. Then he runs onto the field to play with his friends. His "friends" beat the living crap out of him and injure him over and over again. Suddenly the boy turns old and now he has white hair and a cane. He leaves the football field but his friends are still trying to get him to play but now he is not interested and walks as fast as he can to the field house. When he gets to the field house he walks toward the back and passes the young girl. The field house opens up into a much larger building with many more rooms than I had known were there. The boy then joins an older woman in the back of the building. She is less attractive and older but so is the boy now. They are smiling and seem happy and that is where it ends. I have posted this before but I wanted your opinion on the meaning.
hotdog22b
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Parisbabyfayce » Mon May 11, 2009 1:43 pm

I had a rather strange dream.. And later I told my mother about it, and she had the same dream a couple years back, it goes like this.

There wasn't any sound during this entire dream.
I was walking next to someone that I knew, in the dark.
I couldn't recognize them, but I sensed I knew who they were.
We sat down across from one another, and I started pricking splinters out from my forhead, no matter how many I took out I continued pulling them out. The person sitting across from me however was pulling gigantic hunks of wood out of their skull. After a while I wake up.

VERY creepy!
But I was wondering could you interpret?
And could you tell me, how or is there a logical explanation to how me and my mother had the same dream?
We have never discussed the dream before I brought up the subject.
Parisbabyfayce
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby black-rose1117 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey! I wanted to post this dream, but i saw this thread so im posting it here now.

I was outside wit some friends when all the sudden my dad comes out and tells me he is going to get into my email with a website (a real social site, not a website for getting into emails) he said he was going to pay $50 for my password.
i kind of got scared so when he was gone i went over to my computer and deleted all the messages (including one from my crush) and then i went outside again.
my dad came back saying my mail account was ok and didn't have anything bad (it didn't in the first place), he went back inside but i didn't belive him.

Then i woke up.

So please tell me if you have any answers. thx!
LIVE like you mean it!
You never get a second chance
black-rose1117
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 4:08 pm

xxasphyxiat3dxx wrote:Here is my dream, please interpret it:
I ran away from home for 3 days and hid in the forest by my dad's house. During the time that I had ran away, I walked along the freeway by my dad's office and I saw a billboard that said: Missing please help, or something, and it had my name and my picture. Only it wasn't a picture of me, it was a picture of one of my brother who was from Saudi Arabia. But in real life, I don't have any siblings at all. Then the next day in my dream, I saw my mom walking out from my dad's office and I went up and hugged her. She took me to school and everyone there was disappointed in me and my favourite teacher who I am really close with was crying and she hugged me but she wouldn't talk to me. And I was afraid to be found once I had run away, because of disappointment and stuff. I have no idea what my dream means, and I searched for dreams about running away but couldn't find anything. And I'm kind of surprised because I personally don't think I would ever run away because I love my family and I can't take that much guilt afterwards.
I mainly want to know about the running away part, not the brother part if that's okay.

I can tell you about the running away part, but it won't make a lot of sense without a thorough analysis. I understand it was the most disturbing part about the dream; note that the life changes this suggests is an emotionally charged issue for you.

The running away symbolizes embarking on unfamiliar territory, either figuratively or in waking life. Billboards in dreams often show a life-changing sign or telepathic message. Many important changes in your life will take place shortly. The missing Saudi Arabian brother suggests you are about to embark on new loyalties, specifically finding romantic love (if you are a girl) or figuring out your individuality (if you are a boy, but applicable to a female as well).
The sentimental scenes the dreams end with showcase pure anxiety over addressing these issues. You may fear that you are abandoning your current ties in some way, by searching for love for yourself. You need to understand that it's a life stage, a natural transition. It's not abandonment of the people who support you. Your relationships will change, not necessarily end.

Hope that helps.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 4:20 pm

greatdreamer wrote:I was in a garden, slopping with a wall in front and the garden was full of snow. I had to move to get out but the snow was getting soft and slushy.
And when the snow moved a little, I was able to jump over the wall and was "free".
What does this mean?

Hi greatdreamer,

The garden setting signified your individual contentment and natural fulfillment. The wall represents, literally, an obstacle. You may be held back by your current way of thinking.

The snow symbolizes frozen, suppressed emotional content. The key to transcending your limitations is to release your emotions and intuition, signified by jumping (overcoming) the wall.

Hope that helps!
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 4:36 pm

weirdrach2004 wrote:My grandmother died 1 year ago of stomach cancer. (didn't know if you needed that) I keep having dreams of her as if she wasn't gone. It's so real that even when I wake up, I think she is still alive. But I feel really peaceful during the dream and after I wake up.

One dream was of her helping me with one of her recipes. She gave me the recipes before we even knew she was sick and told me that she would show me so I would get a better idea.

But the first one I had of her was: We were driving on a bridge, and on each side was a river filled with dead bodies. I think in the dream was a really bad storm. I was trying to avoid looking at them. It was really dim, and gloomy. Then I saw a light and in the light was this figure of a young woman dressed in white. I didn't recognize the figure but I knew it was my grandma. Then I woke up. And I had this feeling of terror. But once I was awake, and the more I thought of the dream, the more it didn't seem as scary.

I hope I gave enough info

Rachel

Thanks Rachel, the info was very helpful.
People are often visited in their dreams by deceased loved ones. In that shared space they receive guidance and counseling, and most believe it was a true encounter with the spirit of the person. Dreams of this nature tend to be mild and in normal waking settings, without the trademark oddities that dreams usually showcase. It sounds like your recipe dream was of this sort.

Your first dream is another visitation, but there is some metaphorical content. The bridge signifies "crossing over", or connecting the two realms of the living and the dead. The flow of the dead below further signifies this threshold. The gloomy atmosphere suggests that in waking life, you may have went to bed feeling particularly sad and "under the weather". This may be why your grandmother visited you, to help you see the light.

We are not so different from one another, with or without our bodies.
Hope that helps.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 4:41 pm

heyheyhey wrote:I was confessing my love to one of my friends (even though i am not a lesbian, and i do i have feelings for her) she rejected me, and then she turned into my real crush, so i confessed my love to him, and he also rejected me.

Everything is not what it seems. Issues that boil down to a lack of self-love may obstruct you from attaining romantic love. You may be off-putting because of the ways low self-esteem manifests in your personality.

Hope that helps.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Daliah wrote:Hi, there i'm really writing on behalf of my friend who has no access to internet right now. She had a dream a few weeks back that her ex boyfriend was shot in the back of the head by a stranger on the street. She stressed about it for a bit but then put it in the back of her mind, since then his mother called him last night telling him to be careful as she had the exact same dream. he didn't think about it when it came from his ex thinking she was being dramatic but is so ooo concerned now. Any ideas?
I think that young man needs to be careful. Two different people dreaming the exact same thing does not bode well. It is curious, though, that the individual himself did not have the dream. Has your friend and her mother always had a sixth sense? Something supernatural may run in that family.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

StrangestDreamer wrote:Please I need help to find the meaning of this dream.
I`ve had a dream about a boy i`ve never met, and yet I feel like i`ve known him. I`ve had him in my dreams a few times, and I just want to know why I dream of him all the time.

He`s always a tall black haired boy that seems very kind and caring, my ideal guy, he is always in a fight with another guy who pulls a gun out on him. Im always there and I can never move when The guy pulls the trigger on the black haired man, all I can do is watch him scream and fall to the ground dead. Though when he falls im able to move and call 911, then the man who shot him seems to disappear and turn into this demon looking man with blood on his hands and face, as though he has killed his entire life. I remember the man who was shot disappearing and its just me and the demon man, then when he pulls the gun back out and points it at him I wake up.

Im nervous about this dream...Please help me

Something isn't right.

You need to compare the symbolic meanings in this dream to a man in your life, or to the pattern of men in past relationships. At first this person seemed very ideal, but the fight suggests there are conflicting sides to his personality.

A gun signifies asserting authority through force. To be unable to move in a dream, means that in the waking situation this corresponds to, you feel very powerless to act. The moment of kill may be the "bad side" taking over. When the dreamer calls 911, it is usually the point after which some truth or solution (or reason why the truth/solution cannot be attained) reveals itself.

The transformation into a serial killer may indicate you are dealing with a con artist or heartbreaker. You may be picking up on vibes that a person is not what they seem.

Hope that helps. Sorry, hon :(
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby shelley81 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Could you please interpret a dream for me? I had this dream two nights ago and as a result have been able to fall asleep peacefully in fear of it happening again! I am a very, very light sleeper and I have had problems sleeping for long periods, falling asleep, and having a restful sleep for a few years now. I have many dreams and often interpret them on this website, or just forget about them. I rarely have bad dreams but the other night I dreamt that there was a really loud noise (or maybe there was one.... I'm not sure. I live in a noisy area). Then, it was like someone was shaking me awake. I'm not sure if I saw a shadowy figure or if I just imagined it but I was convinced it was a man trying to wake me up. I was being shaken awake and but it was like my body was competely frozen. I couldn't move my arms or legs to get the 'person' off me. I thought that maybe my boyfriend had come over to my house to wake me but then I remembered I'd put the double lock on the door and there was no way hbe able to get in. Then I had a complete panic and started to talk to myself telling myself to get up because there was a man trying to wake me up. I'm not sure if all of that was in the dream or if I was semi-awake.... I'm not sure. It all happened in about 3 seconds! All of the thoughts and reasoning etc.... all in a split second. I have had two similar dreams like this before. Many years ago while at university, I had a dream that my bed was rocking/shaking back and forth. I was awake in my mind and thinking that it felt nice... before reason set in and I realised that my bed shouldnt be rocking or shaking. I woke up and of course, all was quiet. Then, about a year and a half ago I had a dream that there was a young man, around my age, standing in my apartment. He wasn't doing anything but he was standing there. Again, my mind seemed to work and tell me that I need to do something because there is a boy in my house... but my body was paralised and would not move. I felt like i had to literally drag myself to awake. Then my eyes adjusted and slowly what i thought was a figure of a guy was just shadows and it was gone.

What do you think?

Thank you so much for you time. I really appreciate it.

Best Wishes.
shelley81
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby shift1085 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Please help me interpret this dream!
Ok, i'm in some sort of a dazed vertigo, as if i'm drunk (although i've never gotten drunk before) and i'm at a sort of sandy cove at a beach. various furniture is in the cove, and bottles are scattered across the sand. Me and my sis were there, and we walked to the very back of the cove. my sister said somthing about this being stupid an started to walk away. i looked to to the right of her, and behind a pink curtain was somone crouched down. i knew this person was bad, so i tried to run forward to save my sister, but i was moving in slo-mo, and my voice was all low and in slo-mo. The girl behind the curtain rushed out and attacked , and i was to late.

suddenly i "woke up" in my dream, and was in my parent's car, and my dad was driving me somewhere. Without slowing down, he said,"hop out!" and i was somhow forced out of the car. Before i hit the ground, though, i bagan to fly (flying happens in a lot of my dreams, like it's a superpower or somthing). i flew into a giant empty storeroom to se my high school friends there. (in real life i had met these friends the day before). One friend had a camera, (which he had been messing with my camera in real life, too), and was videotaping. I asked them what was going on and they said they were videotaping a ghost, then showed me some video they had took of an orb flying around the room. suddenly another of my friends shouted out," i caught it!", and knocked over a giant block of ice he had been standing on. we all walked forward and saw a transferent figure who appeared to be trapped beneath the ice. i was confused and asked,"if ghosts can move through anything, then why is it trapped?" they told me that it was ice made out of frozen murcury, which ghosts can't pass through.

Then i woke up again in my dream, and this time dad was driving me across a desert with some shrubs and many mountains. suddenly we drove over a bump and sped down a mountain, stopping suddenly at the bottom. the car and dad disapeared an i found myself in a lucid dream, staring down at the ground, i was sitting on all fours. i looked up, and i was in a beautiful valley blanketed in fog and purple mountains in the distance. I began to walk along, moss squirting beneath my feet, when i found a dream freind (one of my nonexsistant friends that only appear in my dreams) and we walked up to a giant carnival, which for some reason i really wanted to get away from. After passing the carnival, i was alone again, and walking towards a comphy-looking cabin with a wooden fence. I saw the twilight morning setting in, and could hear birds chirping. i felt happy and relieved, like i was at the end of a journey.

then i saw the edge of the mountains, and an opening, so i went through and found myself at a beach. the same beach at the beginning of the dream. then the exact same thing hppened, except this time it was supposed to be real, as if i had had a vision at the begining of my dream. suddenly i was back in the valley , and a thunderstorm was rising in the distance, complete with lightning. silloutes of giraffes and rhinos and other african animals were in the distance, and i saw a single tree that wasn't there before. i turned around and there were about four people behind me, a woman and some children. We were all looking at a giant glass china cabinet filled with little statues. the woman told us to take out the statue that resembeled our religions, and i asked her what the christian one was, and she showed me a golden king with a jeweled silver crown. One kid picked out a budhha, and the third kid just closed the lid of the china cabinet and told the lady this was some stupid IQ test and he wouldn't fall for the trick, and i sat there with the golden king wondering why the heck there was a statue for christianity if that religion doesn't have statues.
~Fortunately is all about excellent planning~
~alpacas are just tall sheep~
~Following a Beeline to it's logical conclusion always precipitates the tossing of butterflies~
--- Quantum Cat
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby Nia » Mon May 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi! You had missed my dream, and I thought I'd paste the whole thing here for you. Thanks

I just had this dream last night, but I'll give you some back-history that may not have anything to do with it but that's for you to decide I suppose.

First off, I DO ride the bus to get from place to place even when I'm not dreaming lol

Secondly, I am a victim of sexual abuse by said person in my dream, but I no longer have contact with him or my mother

Thirdly, I dont live in my hometown anymore and it most definately does not have a bus system, but I live in Vegas now which does.
\
So here it goes

I'm for some reason in my hometown, and I've missed my bus to get to work, which wont come for another hour, and I know I'll be late. I'm in a shopping district like place in the town but nobody is around, it is dark outside. (that part is quite recurring but not the rest of it) I am close to a convenience store and a tire shop. I call my mom to please give me a ride to work and she picks me up, taking me to her place instead.

I'm in their home, and I'm dirty because I was walking so much. My mom tells me to go take a bath and clean up cuz there is no way I should go to work like that. I reluctantly get into the bath, which has no shower curtain, and I try to find a soap that I don't think that my stepdad has used (for some reason I'm going on in the dream like I have not confront my mom on what her husband did and pretending everything is normal like I used to) I eventually choose the 'irish spring' soap which is the size of two of my fists (I dont use that soap in my waking life and nobody I know uses it. It was also brand new cuz I could still read the words on the soap)I take the bath as quick as possible because I'm afraid that my stepdad or mother will come in and see me naked, and the bathwater is dirty and gross after I clean myself. I get dressed again and go to the livingroom

My mom and my stepdad and some other family members (grandparents maybe?) are all sitting at the dining table which is glass, with white hard backed chairs and a pristine white carpet. The ceiling is very high up, and the home appears elegant, expensive. The only space is the seat next to my stepdad. My mom tells me to sit down and have dinner and I sit down reluctantly. My stepdad puts his right hand on my upper left thigh and begins to caress it and I don't say anything because I am afraid I will upset everyone, and that's where the dream ends.

Any help would be muchly appreciated :)
Nia
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 9:16 pm

daydreamer2009 wrote:This is a confusing dream, and somewhat long. It starts out I'm hanging out with my old college roommate and her male friend. Don't remember what happened, but the scene switches to where I'm trying to find a place to hide. It's dark outside, but when I find a hiding spot, it's daylight outside. I hide behind a door to a closet of some sort in an apartment complex. A man is painting the door. The scene switches again to the future, although I'm not sure how much. I'm still at the door, and I'm showing the man how to paint the door. He's teasing me about the paint job, and I know that we've been dating, although casually. Then he gives me a note that tells me about his feelings for me, very straightforward, which I appreciate. The strange thing is that he wrote it on a brochure. I find out that he's actually very picky about who he becomes serious with, but I'm hesitant about being in a serious relationship.

Later I'm at a party with some friends of mine, and I know this guy will be there because he's good friends with my friend's husband. However, my ex is there too. The guy shows up later with a pig snout on his face (the kind with the elastic band). Even though it's a New Year's Eve party, it's ok that he came with a costume of sorts. After he arrives, I'm nervous to the point of ignoring him. Instead I keep talking to my ex, even whispering in his ear at one point. The guy asks me if he's my baby daddy, and I said yes. After he said that, that's when I realize that I don't have a photograph of my baby girl, so I ask my ex if I can take pictures with her. (Somehow I know that he got custody of her.) He refuses. I asked again, saying that I don't have pictures of Stephanie (my daughter's name). Even though she's not physically there at the party with me, I know that she's approximately a year old, and I know what she looks like.

What could it mean as a whole, and also about my daughter in particular? Thanks! This is so nice of you! I'm also curious about what that dream meant for that person that killed their father in their dream. PS, your avatar is so cute
Thanks, I saw this avatar and went :harhar:
I interpreted the dream with the murdered father earlier this morning; should be up there some where. And now on to your own!

This dream showcased two alternatives in love relationships.
Your college roommate and her male friend depict a pairing (roommate + male friend) that has to do with higher learning (college). The dream, then, is about learning to achieve a truly loving coupling.
Hiding represents a need for recovery. You may be hurt by the past and need emotional healing. It may also signify that love will arrive when you least expect it. For the close, consider popular phrase "in the closet". The night setting suggests a state of confusion. You may need to clear your head. Daylight represents light shed on the situation.

A door represents new opportunities and a fresh perspective. Painting is a kind of repair, through restoration. You two noticeably repair one another's perspectives and guarantee of a fresh start.

The next sequence contains some elements of portent, and some of metaphor. It is impossible to pick them apart. You may very well receive a love note on a brochure in waking life, or it could signify that what he really means by what he said, is that he wants to share his life with you.

New Year's Eve signifies new beginnings and a new era. The man you love is wearing a pig snout. Pigs, in dreams, are associated with family ties. As you mentioned, you have an underlying fear of being tied down. The alternative, if you cannot "step through" your fear is your ex. Your ex both represents himself, but also the outdated pattern with men that hampers your relationships. The sequence with "baby daddy" denotes your inferiority in the relationship power structure. The power to create and control something meaningful is one-sided, against your favor.

A daughter in this context, then, represents your ability to have something rewarding and meaningful. In dreams, photos are symbolic shorthand for the absolute existence of something. Your ex controls the photos, meaning he controls the relationship and its rewards. This dream invites you to transcend this limited way of "loving". Do not regress into the old.

Hope that helps.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Mon May 11, 2009 9:21 pm

dbark wrote:My ex-girl friend told me that shey had a dream (a few days ago)that i was at her house talking with her, and my arms were huge with muscles and veins, it should be noted that she knows that i work out and does see me a few times a week. i was curious what the dream of my arm to her means, she does love large arms and chest muscles.

It's a harmless sexual fantasy. Arms are an attractive feature of raw masculine strength.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby belladonna » Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi I cannot figure out this dream for anything

I'm at my cousin's apartment in her living room. She's in the kitchen. I don't know what she's doing. But she asks me to fold some socks that are in a basket. I go over to the basket and they are already folded. There are socks of every different color, some are stripped and polka dotted. I tell her they're already folded. She asks me to look through the basket and make sure. I keep picking up folded socks until the basket is empty. In my whole dream she is talking to me from the kitchen. I never see her in the dream even when I first go in the apartment.
belladonna
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

any intresting interpretation/meanings to an simple dream!!!

Postby Pez316 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:39 pm

So i been trying to see online if there any intresting meaning to this dream i had last night and saw the this fourm and thought i see if i get any responses on what my dream could me... So last night i had a dream about this guy (first time that i can remember having a dream about this guy) i don't know, were really not right for each other, it just early friendship but we can have an an good converstion with each other. but i had this dream were i walking and talking with him, we went to an store (i liked) and then we went to go meet up with some people and i just remember spilling this drink ( i think it was soda) all over his back and me just desperately looking for a towel or something which i did find and trying to wipe it all off his back? and when i was walking with him, he like had is hands lightly on my and around my hips... so tell me, any special meaning to any of that?... when i woke up i thought... ugh do i have feelings for him im trying not to admit too, idk i must if i go on here and post this lol thanks too anyone with their interpretation!
Pez316
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Interpurtation pls

Postby Nesharo » Mon May 11, 2009 10:19 pm

I would like to have an interpurtation pls

I have been having dreams of a lion who changes
His name I believe was Anthony.Anthony was wise and gorgeous he had a golden glow about him and he was golden, with silver eyes. Anthony is humble and kind virtuous and all the words to describe charm and grace. This is the second time I have dreamt about Anthony the first time I meet Anthony I did not no what animal he was.The second time I meet Anthony he was a Lion or lion esque some type of big cat. Anthony is by myside and not of this world. speaks but he rarely does so unless to give advice.But, Anthony changes to a sliverish color and has golden eyes. Matthew is very different he has all the same qualities as Anthony and never leaves my side but he his less advisory then Anthony and he is very aggressive but it is strange not to me though but certain people around me. It was also weird that Anthony changed to Matthew around a young woman who I didn't know while I was grooming Anthony. And she said he didn't have silver hair before he is changing quick he his changing into Matthew as if she was afraid of him.I did not tell her about Anthony or Matthew names.
Nesharo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Hey!

Postby Giulia » Mon May 11, 2009 11:27 pm

I had this horrible dream and i would love for someone to tell me what it means... THANK YOU VERY MUCH

It started with me going on some kind of "road trip" with my mom because she was going to play music on live. When we arrived, we all went to a hotel where me and a friend (which i don't remember who it was) where suppose to stay because we weren't allowed in the concert and then all of a sudden this lady kept coming in our room bring us stuff ( the first thing she brought was ice cream) and taking away stuff. I remember that she came in with ice cream and she asked us if we ordered it and we said yes and then she came again with a group of people and left a lot of stuff to eat such as fruits .... and then she was about to take away some croissants with chocolate from us and my friend came and told her "no! these are ours..."
(I can't remember the rest)
But the most shocking part of my dream was that then my mom is seating on a chair and she tells me that she has decided to die... and when she says i dont really seem to care i continue watching TV and she continues telling me the details, she tells me that she found someone at the concert that can help her do it and that she is going to die on Thursday

AND THEN I WAKE UP

Thnaks for reading
Giulia
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby strawberry » Mon May 11, 2009 11:30 pm

hello julia
thank so much for yr time

here is my dream

it was strange but very vivid & colorful dream... in my dream I was an angel of the highest rank (incharge of all the other angels)

we were walking on in the clouds

(this scene i see through my eyes) with a few other angels we were in the kitchen (on the clouds).. I was making pastries and they were cleaning up

then I was outside the kitchen dressed in white with beautiful wings.. still in clouds... an other angel comes to me and says: "we have elected so and so (who was apparently a male angel) to b in charge of us, when you are gone to do your duties"... I looked pretty upset by this news... (at this point I was out of my body and could see my angelic self... it was weird becoz she didnt really look like me... though it WAS me!) but the other angel reassured me by saying: "only in yr absence"! (in my guess she meant when I was absent from the heavens and down on earth)

then I see my angelic self look to her left side... so i looked too... there was a hole in the clouds were a group of angels were cluttered together as a tan man with a beard was abt to jump holding and forcing his 7 year old son (who wss sacred & resisted) to follow him down the hole... as if they were going to earth...

then i woke up...
strawberry
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby hailiejade » Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 am

Hi i had a dream last night that disturbed me to say the least and is now bugging me ...so any insight will be appreciated.
here goes....
i dreamt i was in a hospital (i think) with a newborn baby boy , im not sure if he was mine or somebody elses , he was tiny and sick , i got the feeling he was dying and it felt as though i was waiting for him to go to sleep , my mum was there and she went to walk off and i said hes not gone yet , i then looked at the babies face , he smiled(i think) and i woke up.

i then went on to have another dream where i was travelling with my partner and are 2 young children , we were going for a picnic but the road had been closed off so we stopped with a load of other people and had picnic there and then.
i was then shopping with strangers and for some reason was doing a pregnancy test and the result was positive and i was saying i cant have another baby ive already got 2 then i woke up again.

the first one is really worrying me , specially as i have a toddler and a baby of my own.
my toddler is due to have a minor op , that i have anxieties about and due to this ive been holding back from letting him have it done , i dont know whether this is due to me being a paranoid , worrysome mother or whether theres something else but now this dreams making me worry even more , although im positive it wasnt my son in the dream.
hailiejade
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Lexxii » Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 am

Hi,
Early hours of this morning i dreamt that Me, my Mum, Dad and some friends (Kirsty and Clive) were all together in my aunts house for some reason! Kirsty and Clive have a baby boy (Ethan) and I was asked to pass a blanket to them for him and I threw it and it landed in a bowl of jam, then I said Im so sorry and that i could wash it by hand as the washing machine will take too long and then i could tumble dry it, So I went upstairs with Kirsty and she put the blanket on the bed which i presume was Ethans room to sleep in. I was about to get up to take it to wash in the bath when she came into the bedroom and saw two bra's on the floor they were both cream coloured and too big to fit me and they were not mine anyway! Kirsty started to shout at me about these bra's and I said that they weren't mine and that they were too big, she then said to me well our freindship is over and I started to cry saying no Kirsty dont do this i have not done anything wrong and then I woke up as I woke myself up because I had been crying for real but in my sleep!

I hope you can interpret this dream! and get back to me asap!!

Thanks
x
Lexxii
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby mingming68 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 am

hi Julia, can you interpret my dream?

I had a short nap this afternoon and had a rather disturbing dream. I dreamt that i was inside a house, when all of a sudden my surroundings shook, my windows broke. I could see flood and mud rising outside, but for some reason, they can't get in.but i can see the disasters clearly from where i was standing inside my house. i can see tornadoes and flash floods everywhere. i was panicking, when all of a sudden i woke up. The dream spooked me out a bit...
mingming68
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

please help

Postby ladykim4u » Tue May 12, 2009 6:54 am

I am really cluless right now the night before last i dreamed of the devil in a childs form the devil chocked me and i said go ahaid and do what you do because my failth is bigger than you and he said very meanly yea well you lack communication, i said why because i say it within myself and then i woke up. With this dream how i encountered the devil was i went down the basement stairs and said show your self tell me who you are and he was like (the devil).

Then next night I had a very bad dream first i was in a boat and I asked a older lady who was in a boat too where are all the fish and she said there all gone, my whole family was there even my best friend and my children it seemed like we were on vacation, when it was time for us all to go to sleep the numbers 666 kept apearing, there was the devil tormenting me he was chocking me (i never saw him this time) he was tormenting my children and my family, i went to the bath room and the numbers on the door turned to 666 we lit some candles because all the lights went out and all around us it was the devil all around us with out being able to see him.

I am really confused and would appreciate anyones output on this. Thank You
Last edited by ladykim4u on Tue May 12, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladykim4u
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby kolos » Tue May 12, 2009 7:15 am

Okay I had a dream last night that i was living at my house but there was no house on the property it was just a barn, and my ex boyfriend was getting married ( but he isn't in real life ) and he wanted to have his wedding at my house. So he came to my house and started planning the wedding, well he got side tracked by me and he ended up no getting married and he lived with me, well at first there wasn't a house then there was a RV we lived in. Then the dream switched to we lived on the beach and we were very happy. This isn't the first time I have had a dream about this certain ex boyfriend. I currently live and date another guy...What does this meannn
kolos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby pandagirl » Tue May 12, 2009 8:14 am

Every night I have a dream where my boyfriend is cheating on me and/or we break up. But last night's dream made me more upset than usual...

Me and my boyfriend are in bed, then my coworker comes in and starts to "get busy with him" while I just sit there on the bed and watch. After a few seconds of this I throw her off of him and kick her out of the room, saying "thats enough, thaths enough!" I'm very upset and angry. My boyfriend starts yelling at me that I'm being over dramatic. We end up walking out the door into what looks like a hotel lobby and we are still arguing. I see a guy from highschool I used to know and he's laughing at us. I look down and I'm wearing these big bulky clothes that have holes and stains all over them. I start to walk away from my boyfriend and I yell back to him that it is over and he says okay. He doesn't seem likes he cares at all.

That's all I remember. My boyfriend and I have had a rough patch in our relationship months ago but everything is going great now. So I don't understand why I keep having these dreams.
pandagirl
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby robochick » Tue May 12, 2009 8:16 am

well how do i start this...um...last night i was texting my ex boyfriend n he was telling me that he started drinking again n smoking again. after that i went to sleep n i dreamed that my recent boyfriend was drinking but he didn't tell me about it. so it was like secrets being revealed. n i dont know what this means :? . i need to know because if he is hiding something that's not good. please message me back thank you!
robochick
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby kkalpee » Tue May 12, 2009 9:08 am

Hi,

My boyfriend has been having the same dream every night. First for 4 consecutive days, it skipped 2 weeks and then he had it last night again. He dreams that he is walking in mud and dragging me along in it. I'm wearing torn clothes and saying to him "why are you doing this to me" and another night "is this what you wanted to do to me". One night he dream't that i was kneeling in the mud and he said to me "i can't pick you up, you have to pick your self up". Last night it was "why didn't you tell me it was going to be like this".

Could you please help me figure this out? He has been in a depression lately because he's in a financial rut and he feels like all the discussions we had about a future and kids cannot be materialized.
kkalpee
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Little123 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi Julia :), my names Lea. I was wondering if you could please make sense of my dream? Recently I had this dream that i couldn't understand, it seems like it has nothing to do with my life but i dreamt it so i guess it must be something about my life lol. Okay this is the dream....

The cast of the TV series Friends was in my dream, and I went with them to see Monica's recently deceased grandmother's apartment which was being given to monica. It looked pretty nice with the sun reflecting off the hardwood floor and making everything kinda yellow and golden. It was empty except for this old desk that had a single drawer. Monica and Ross (who are siblings) were talking about their grandmother and old memories they had of her. Then Ross opened the desk drawer and everyone came over to look inside. Inside were 6 or 9 books neatly arranged in rows of 3. They were different novels but the the one that i remember most is this romance novel by a female author and it had decorations of stars and galaxies with purple streaks all across it. On each of the novels though were some message that had Fail Lea. The romance novel's title was "Fail Lea Fail". All the books seem to tell me to fail and Monica said, "Oh look Lea Nana left a message for you" and she began to tear up. For some reason the message of urging me to fail seemed positive to me and I felt loved. Then I started crying in my dream and sad orchestra music came on. It played about 2 songs until I woke up and part of my pillow was wet because I guess I had cried in real life, too.

I was thinking that maybe I'm being told to fail and that will bring me satisfaction. But my finals are during this and last week and I don't want to fail them. Also, I feel prepared for my finals and I don't feel that much stress from them at all.

Thank you sooooooooooo much for listening, errr... reading, I really would appreciate it if some light was shed onto this dream.
Little123
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby myweirddreams » Tue May 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi
I love the replies you give, so I hope you can help me also.

I have also posted this one in a topic else on this forum.

I had this dream a while ago. I still find this dream very weird, so I would like to know how and why.

I was dreaming I was at the mall. I was not very old, I think 13/14. I felt a bit childish in my dream. And suddenly there was this man with me, he was like 30-40 years old, a slim looking man, not very ugly and not very handsome either. Just normal. It felt like he was taking care of me. He took me to a shop which was kind of central located. We just walked around there between hats and bags and shoes, but bought nothing. But he said I needed some clothes.

Then he took me to a playground, where normally a store with medicines and make-up should be. It was also bigger, and had one door and no windows. He let me play on the playground while he was watching me. He also helped me going of a toboggan. Then I realised I was fully naked. The man didn't told me about my nakedness, nor did he find it weird or something. It looked normal.

**I think this is an important note to say: the man wasn't watching me in a sexual way, I felt completely calm in my dream with him and it almost looked fatherly like. However he also didn't look anything like my father and he didn't reminded me of him either. It felt like I was his child, but differently. Maybe we were a couple I really dont know.

But all of a sudden, there came this HUGE tidal wave and the guy and me were both flushed away by the water, the door was open and we were flushed away through the doorpost, which ended in a 600 meter long sewer. I lost him in the water. The water ended at the street which, in real life, is also there. Then the police came and give me a towel to dry myself. The guy was gone.

I woke up and felt a bit weird because I was naked in my dreams and seems so ashamed. But I also woke op a bit sad, I missed that guy. In my dream we had so much fun, and it was so realistic. I really want to know what it means.

Sorry for my bad English!
Last edited by myweirddreams on Thu May 14, 2009 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
myweirddreams
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby dylan0206 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi do you think you could interpret this dream i just had, im very anxious to find out what it means.
dylan0206
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby jonbron » Tue May 12, 2009 3:03 pm

This is my first post on this site, just fyi. Just as a note, I was on Prozac for about 9 months and I wasn't dreaming at all during that time, and have since become pretty unfamiliar with my subconscious. I've slowly started dreaming again in the 2 months that I've been off the medication, and it's very rare that I vividly remember a dream when I wake up. This is one I had today that seemed very puzzling to me, and for some reason seems like I should find the meaning. That's why I registered for this site. Anyways sorry for the long intro, here's the dream:

I was walking around a university campus (I go to college but it wasn't my campus, nor one I recognized) with my roommate and a mutual friend of ours. I'm not sure how it transitioned from here, but next I remember watching a small white-gray kitten playing with what looks like a freshly cooked corn cob. The kitten claws the cob and gets stuck in the kernels, then hurts itself trying to get free. I feel compelled to help the kitten so I scoop it up and I intuitively know where the medical center is on this campus. I bring it there and it seems somewhat futuristic, but not unbelieveably so. I have a strong feeling of deja vu about the place, even though I'm sure I've never been there. As I'm about to walk in the cat jumps from my arms and tries to escape. For some reason I'm at the boardwalk at Mission Beach now, trying to catch the kitten. I feel like if I don't I'm going to let down the owner of the kitten, whomever that may be. I finally catch the kitten and even though it was mean to me while I was chasing it it became immediately docile and loving once caught. I turn around and I'm back at the medical center, where I hand the kitten over to some doctors or vets or something. When I do so I notice that the kitten's fur is a deep cobalt blue, which feels normal, even though I realize (while dreaming) that the cat was white/grey before. I return to the classroom that my friends were heading to, only to find that the class is over. And so is the dream.

Just so you know, I don't own a cat, nor have I seen or even thought of one in like the last 5 months or something.

What do you think?
Last edited by jonbron on Tue May 12, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonbron
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby 2boys3dogs » Tue May 12, 2009 3:03 pm

I am currently in a situation....I have been with my spouse for 17 years and I am having an affair and am in love with my lover and am trying to decide whether I stay with my husband where I am not very happy (I love him but I am not in love with him anymore and he is my BEST friend in the world) or if I leave him for the man that makes me happy and who I love.

I had a dream two nights ago, my husband ("Mike")was going hunting and meeting his hunting partner. We showed up at my lovers ("Dave Goodings") place which is in a different town (for some reason this was the meeting spot for my spouse and his hunting partner). We all arrived and went inside, my husband ("Mike") was talking things over with his hunting partner as they were waiting for one more person to arrive and I was sitting over on the couch talking to my lover ("Dave"), my husband came over and held out his hand and said, I'm Mike, and my lover looked at me, and slowly turned back to my husband and said, I'm Dave Goodings (knowing very well that my husband would recognize the name from some of our email conversations that my husband had found). Alot of yelling and screaming followed and my lover "Dave" disappeared while my husband "Mike" and I were arguing. The next thing that I remember was walking outside and laying on the driveway was my lover "Dave" in a pool of blood, he had sliced his throat as well as other parts of his body, but he was still alive. I knelt beside him and held him in my arms telling him how much I loved him and that we would be together. I woke up before the ambulance arrived but he didn't die in my dream.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what this dream may mean??
2boys3dogs
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BOC » Tue May 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi, I had sort of a weird dream

I was walking around in the medieval times meeting a lot of my friends for the first time.
I don't have a lot to say about this part, but the next part is more important
Then I switched to waking up in the morning. I don't take any medication in real life, but in the dream I had to take some pills. For some reason it was heroin in the form of a pill that didn't make you high like regular heroin.
But then after the pill I also had to take some sort of heroin in a blue tube which I had to shove up my nose. So apparently I put it in wrong and I started getting high off it.
Obviously I could tell this is not what heroin does to you, but I just started hallucinating my jaw stretching a ton.
Then I was back into the medieval times were I met a friend who is sort of a druggie (although I'm pretty sure he's never done heroin) but he noticed that my lips were blue and started going, "oh my god! oh my god!" because he could tell what I did.
(your lips turning blue is not a side effect of using heroin by the way. It just was in the dream)
And that's it

(I also once had a dream where my mom had some "blue medical heroin" and she let me have some and I started racing around the room looking for it but couldn't find it
(I've never done heroin and I've never wanted to by the way. Although some other, much lighter drugs interest me.)
So what could this mean?
╔═╔═╗═╦═─╔═╗▪▪╔═
╠═╠═╣─║──╠═╝║╠═
║─║─║─║──║──║║
╚═♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠▪╚═
BOC
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby girlypink03 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Julia, I would really appreciate your insight on my dream, it's truly horrible and difficult to even put into words. I had this dream last night and I have been literally sick to my stomach all day from thinking about it.
In my dream, I have an infant but I don't want it so I kill the baby, it seems to be by both starving and physically hurting it.
Some time passes, maybe a few days, and my husband and I decide we want to have a new baby but we still have the other dead baby, so I decide that we need to hide it by burning it, not even cremation because that would cost too much money.
I attempt to burn it and can see the fire burning but at the same time it isn't working so I then decide to bury it under my kitchen. I somehow start digging up the dirt underneath the tile floor, without taking apart the tile. But I decide that it's not a good location so I shovel the dirt back onto the tile and it gets absorbed into the ground beneath the tile.
And throughout the dream I don't feel any emotion, I am going about making these decisions with a matter-of-fact type of attitude.

please help me understand this awful dream
girlypink03
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby daydreamer2009 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Julia Finley wrote:
daydreamer2009 wrote:This is a confusing dream, and somewhat long. It starts out I'm hanging out with my old college roommate and her male friend. Don't remember what happened, but the scene switches to where I'm trying to find a place to hide. It's dark outside, but when I find a hiding spot, it's daylight outside. I hide behind a door to a closet of some sort in an apartment complex. A man is painting the door. The scene switches again to the future, although I'm not sure how much. I'm still at the door, and I'm showing the man how to paint the door. He's teasing me about the paint job, and I know that we've been dating, although casually. Then he gives me a note that tells me about his feelings for me, very straightforward, which I appreciate. The strange thing is that he wrote it on a brochure. I find out that he's actually very picky about who he becomes serious with, but I'm hesitant about being in a serious relationship.

Later I'm at a party with some friends of mine, and I know this guy will be there because he's good friends with my friend's husband. However, my ex is there too. The guy shows up later with a pig snout on his face (the kind with the elastic band). Even though it's a New Year's Eve party, it's ok that he came with a costume of sorts. After he arrives, I'm nervous to the point of ignoring him. Instead I keep talking to my ex, even whispering in his ear at one point. The guy asks me if he's my baby daddy, and I said yes. After he said that, that's when I realize that I don't have a photograph of my baby girl, so I ask my ex if I can take pictures with her. (Somehow I know that he got custody of her.) He refuses. I asked again, saying that I don't have pictures of Stephanie (my daughter's name). Even though she's not physically there at the party with me, I know that she's approximately a year old, and I know what she looks like.

What could it mean as a whole, and also about my daughter in particular? Thanks! This is so nice of you! I'm also curious about what that dream meant for that person that killed their father in their dream. PS, your avatar is so cute
Thanks, I saw this avatar and went :harhar:
I interpreted the dream with the murdered father earlier this morning; should be up there some where. And now on to your own!

This dream showcased two alternatives in love relationships.
Your college roommate and her male friend depict a pairing (roommate + male friend) that has to do with higher learning (college). The dream, then, is about learning to achieve a truly loving coupling.
Hiding represents a need for recovery. You may be hurt by the past and need emotional healing. It may also signify that love will arrive when you least expect it. For the close, consider popular phrase "in the closet". The night setting suggests a state of confusion. You may need to clear your head. Daylight represents light shed on the situation.

A door represents new opportunities and a fresh perspective. Painting is a kind of repair, through restoration. You two noticeably repair one another's perspectives and guarantee of a fresh start.

The next sequence contains some elements of portent, and some of metaphor. It is impossible to pick them apart. You may very well receive a love note on a brochure in waking life, or it could signify that what he really means by what he said, is that he wants to share his life with you.

New Year's Eve signifies new beginnings and a new era. The man you love is wearing a pig snout. Pigs, in dreams, are associated with family ties. As you mentioned, you have an underlying fear of being tied down. The alternative, if you cannot "step through" your fear is your ex. Your ex both represents himself, but also the outdated pattern with men that hampers your relationships. The sequence with "baby daddy" denotes your inferiority in the relationship power structure. The power to create and control something meaningful is one-sided, against your favor.

A daughter in this context, then, represents your ability to have something rewarding and meaningful. In dreams, photos are symbolic shorthand for the absolute existence of something. Your ex controls the photos, meaning he controls the relationship and its rewards. This dream invites you to transcend this limited way of "loving". Do not regress into the old.

Hope that helps.
thanks for the interpretation, it's so detailed! you are really good
daydreamer2009
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby PollyWolly » Wed May 13, 2009 5:04 am

Hello there! I was wondering if you could interpret my dream for me please? I'm really anxious to know what it means!

I dreamt last night that I was at the zoo. I walked over to the alligator exhibit, which was pretty much just a huge lake with barbed wire fencing between us. I looked inside and saw a body floating in the water, or what appeared to be a body anyway. I caught the attention of one of the zoo keepers and pointed out the body. She told me to run and fetch another zoo keeper (she didn't tell me his name, but indicated clearly that he was male). So, I ran from the exhibit to the zoo keepers office. Once I told him what had happened, he panicked. He gave me a mobile phone (cell phone) and told me to ring 999 for help. So I did, at the same time walking with the zoo keeper back to the alligators. The operator I spoke to was an old woman. I told her that we'd found a body and needed "the police, or something." She asked me if the female zoo keeper was still around and I told the operator that I'd check. Just then I heard the male zoo keeper scream, "Oh my God, Muffy's dead!!" pointing at the female zoo keeper, whose body was now in the alligator's enclosure. I screamed and panicked, shouting to the operator over the phone "she's dead she's dead oh my God oh my God" again and again. I cried hysterically and the operator went silent. I kept asking where she was, but for ages there was no reply. Eventually, I head her dispatch for ambulances and police cars and I remember saying 'thank you thank you' over and over.

After that, I woke up! Do you have any idea what is could mean? XD I would really appreciate it if you could tell me!
Thanks!
PollyWolly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby maysee » Wed May 13, 2009 6:32 am

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm excited to be apart of this community. But first I liked to say that my siblings and I are extremely sensitive to energy either it's ghost, spirits, or any thing that had happened at a certain place. Anyways, I have been having these recurring dreams since the age of 9 or 10. When I first started having these dreams they were pretty scary because I was still young at that time. I alwasy see a women that is dressed in our traditional outfits (Hmong). Sometimes in a long white dress. She would never enter our house but in my dreams I would see her walk around the outside of our house and sometimes I would hear her knocking on my window. In my dreams I would see myself get up to open the shade in my room but then I would wake up right before I open the shade. I dreamed of her for many years until after I married my husband and moved out. It had been a long time about seven years and recently about three years ago I started having dreams about her again. But this time it was different. She was no longer outside but inside my home. She would be dressed in dark clothing and she would hide in the attic. It is not my house because I would see these dreams through my eyes and it looks to be an old Victorian mansion that me and my husband bought for restoring9 (have that feeling). I do not see my husband in my dreams but I hear his voice and sometimes I can hear my children running around. I have a feeling that someone is upstairs and I know that it was her. There are times when I dream that she was standing at the end of my bed indie that house. I would wake up and try to confront her and then she would then disappear and appear again at my bedroom doors. I would get up and follow her then I would see her passing through the kitchen doors and then I would follow her through the kitchen doors. There she was waiting for me and then when I ask her for what she wanted and who she was. She would turn around and right before I get the answer or see her face, I would wake up suddenly.

I know She has something to tell me and maybe I'm just not ready to face whatever she has to say but it bothers me that she followed me for so many years that I get anxious about her. I started writing down every experience I have about her and every feeling I get when I see her in dreams. The only problem about that is that once I started writing about her, I don't her as much anymore. Please help me to accept her messages. I can not control my dream and even if I really want to know what she is sending, it seems like I'm afraid to learn the truth. How do I get the message from her without waking up next time?
maysee
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby sailor31 » Wed May 13, 2009 6:50 am

Ok Julia...sorry about the over-anxiousness. Not very nice of me to demand.
It's been years and I have never figured it out.

Ok reader...I am going to recap the best of my knowledge because it has been
a couple years since I dreamt it but I remember most of the dream.

I started the dream ending up in a dark place, where I couldn't see much of
anything. Then these beings started appearing and they wore white smiling
masks that had a smile imprinted on it. Now this smile seemed cynical,
because it was not like the cute smiley faces we see everyday. It could be
best described as the smiling masks that the pygmies wore in Super Mario
Brothers 2 for Nintendo. These beings were pygmies as well and they did not
say anything. They wore hooded cloaks and more and more of them started to
appear. They didn't say anything...but they seemed to be trying to tell me
something. I looked out in the distance and noticed that I was on a large
piece of land. Everything around me was a dark chasm. I was on land in the
middle of nothingness. I know for some reason that there tribe or beings
were called the Sedegwin or Sehegwin tribe. I am not sure where I came up
with their name, I just remember trying to pronounce it in my dream. They
next thing I know is having a side view of them. Underneath there masks I
could see some of them had long black hair. They started showing me a
poster or a sign with a symbol of a spiral on the sign. Written underneath
the spiral or swirl was the word SWAMI in very clear letters. This is the
only way they communicated with me. And it seemed like they were trying to
warn me of something. Then more beings appeared out of the darkness and
they seemed to look like Indian or dark-skinned pygmies with big black eyes
and they were also in cloaks. I think they all looked like this but some
kept their smiling masks on.

Then a very short human Asian looking person appeared. He was scary
looking. Each one of his eyes seemed like they were looking in opposite
directions. Not like someone with a lazy eye, but looking very strange and
scary.
I couldn't figure out why he looked like he did. He kept saying I had to leave
and that I was not welcome there. I said how to you expect me to go, there is no way
to get back home. I seemed to have teleported there. He said, I don't care but you have to
leave this place, you are not welcome here. It is not for your kind of people.
The next thing I know I was looking for an exit and my friends started appearing through some method of
teleportation and the dream ended shortly thereafter.

If anyone has any idea, I would love to hear them, because this dream has stumped me since the beginning.

THanks,

Tim
Last edited by sailor31 on Mon May 18, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image BE THE OWNER OF ONE'S SELF
sailor31
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby MStar » Wed May 13, 2009 7:06 am

Had this dream just last night. I generally have strange dreams when I do remember them.

From what I can recall the setting may have took place in my home town where I went to High School. In this dream I was not myself, but a guy that I did know while in school. He didn't have the best reputation. I was in the gym when another guy looked at me and began running off at the mouth (i cannot remember what was said from him) I didn't hesitate to begin punching the guy in the face and body. The fight was soon broken up, but the guy I was hitting looked pretty mesed up.

I was sent to the principals office which was in another building which I had to walk to. It was a long walk to say the least. The entire time I was walking it was raining outside. While still outside I called the principals office informing them I was on my way. When I spoke to a woman in the principals office, she recognized me as actually myself and not the guy that I knew. It seemed that I had the appearance of another person, but still had my same voice.

Before I got to the principals office I somehow got an email that asked for proof of who I was. The email wanted me to get the address of where (not me, but) the guy I knew lived. I seemed to immediately fast forward to a computer and was looking on what seemed to be myspace trying to verify his address to prove who I was. I believe I was able to find and confirm the address, but it didn't seem to be easy. I was fast forwarded to a room with 2 tables, 1 for me and the other tabel had 5 other people. I do believe that I was able to recognize at least 1 of the 5 people in the room with me.

The panel at the other table began asking me questions. From what I can recall they did know that I wasn't really me. I was a little shocked at this. Some of the questions asked were "Why did you hit that person?" and "I would have liked to have seen what you used to do in Jr. High."

That is about it.
MStar
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby angelbaby21 » Wed May 13, 2009 7:12 am

I had a wierd dream the other night.

I dreamed that I was married to this most handsome guy. Head over heals in love with him. The honeymoon is wonderful and felt real. Then the next thing i know, I go see him at work and surprise him with the news that I am pregnant with triplets but then I break down crying and admit that it may not be his. He is calm and loving and just raps his arms around me, kiss me and tell me that he doesn't care because he will treat the babies like his own.

What do you think this means?
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra
Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
angelbaby21
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby MammiOfTwo09 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:42 am

i am very cunfused by this dream i had yesterday. i was talkin to a friend of mine who is pregnant and we got on the subject of making the baby move around to she could get comfortable. well i was showing her on my belly so i didnt hurt the baby by how hard i was pressing and all of a sudden the was a baby in my belly that looked like it was coming through the skin. it reminded me of how you see the feet or hands on the belly but it was the whole baby. im not pregnant or dont thinks so anyways and i dont know what this means. please help me

thanks
crissie
MammiOfTwo09
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Soralin » Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 am

Hi!
Thanks very much for kindly offering to interpret dreams, I really need help with this one! I had it just last night and its been confusing me since. Sorry it's so long, it seemed to last a very long time and was extremely confused, but it has stuck in my head! :)

In the dream, my family had two dogs, a very large beast-like one, with a yellowish colour and curled tail, and a small russet-coloured spaniel. It was clear that we had owned them for some time, but had come to possess them in mysterious circumstances that we never discussed. (I remember something about me finding them as strays and being told I couldn’t keep them, however that was one of the more blurry parts). In the dream I loved them both very much and saw them as my protectors, but underneath there was a weird feeling, like unease, of them both- not that I was scared of them, or even wary, I just had a strange feeling about them. It’s hard to describe.

Anyway, along with other strange events happening in the dream that didn’t have anything to do with the dogs that I can’t remember, eventually I realised that the dogs had stopped living with us- they had been there less and less and had now suddenly just disappeared. I was concerned and upset, but much time passed and the dream seemed to restart on a scene of me waking up in my bed on a bright morning, quite sure that I’d slept in. At this point the dream seemed very realistic and I forgot that I was dreaming. In the dream I got anxious for an unknown reason and called for the larger of the two dogs, knowing full well he had disappeared and wouldn't come to me. At this point I will mention that both dogs had names and these were used throughout the dream, the smaller spaniel dog was called Angel, and the larger I have forgotten by now, but the names stayed with me once I had awoken and were clear in my head for a good while.

Anyway, I called on the larger dog out of reflex, forgetting we no longer had them, though it seemed as though I was calling for it in my head more than with my voice, and was of course disappointed when I remembered it wouldn’t come. Then, to my great surprise, there was a growl and a very weird rumble, like a mini earthquake, and I watched as the big dog slowly appeared from underneath the bed! I ran to tell my parents, who were delighted that he was back, and somehow the smaller dog appeared back too.

However, throughout the next confused parts of the dream, they would often disappear and would never be around unless we asked for them, for example I wondered out loud where they were, and the larger appeared from behind a curtain. Eventually, the family and I began to wonder what these strange dogs were really about. They were able to appear from any place, any time we asked for them.
The dream appeared to end very weirdly. I asked where the little dog was, and he popped out from behind a wheel of my car. My stepdad and I were wondering, once again, what these weird dogs meant, when he suddenly gasped and pointed up to the sky. In a gap between two clouds, there was a meteor shower. It was beautiful, and seemed to last a long time, in the dream I was really moved by how amazing it was, however it grew very blurry and ended up as though I was looking at it through a dirty screen.

I really hope you can understand and shed some light on this- once again I’m sorry for its length and how confusing it is! :lol:
Thanks very, very much!
Soralin
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

PreviousNext

Return to General Dream Discussion