Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Post your dreams, and I'll interpret them.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Re: Post your dreams, and I'll interpret them.

Postby rushy_peas » Wed May 13, 2009 11:00 am

can you please interpret my dream, it's called:

Didn't know what forum to put this in ! please help :( !!

Many Thanks,

Charlotte
rushy_peas
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby carly25!* » Wed May 13, 2009 11:32 am

hi i would be grateful if you could help tell me what my dream means which i had two nights ago.

"The dream begins from what i can remember by me having to go to the doctors, who told me that i was 8 months pregnant. i can remember being shocked because i didnt have any sort of tummy, and i was asking where it was becasue of not having a bump, this seemed to be a real focus in the dream and i was finding it hard to believe. i can remember being so pleased that i was having a baby and ringing two of my freinds to tell them because of how far into the pregnancy i was. The dream then skipped to me having to go into hospital becuase their was something wrong with the baby, so they gave me a c-section, and when they brought the baby out, it was really beautiful and had a huge smile on its face,and i can remember being really happy asn asking for a hold, but then the doctor told me that they had to put it back in as it wasnt ready yet, so the baby was put back into my tummy, but their still wasnt any bump. "

and thats about it, i dont currently have an children and as i am about to start University in September i dont have any plans to have any children for at least the next three years, although if it happened, as i am in a long term relationship, it wouldnt be a problem as i have a very supportive family.

Looking forward to hearing from you, xxxx
carly25!*
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby veeter » Wed May 13, 2009 12:46 pm

I've been having a lot more dreams lately (for a while I had none) and it's rare that I can remember them this well. This came after I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep, tried to fall asleep for another hour, then finally did. (Probably not relevant information, but thought maybe that's why I was able to remember.) I wrote down as much as I could remember right after...

THE DREAM

I was at my parents' house in Ohio. My brother, Ben, was trying to fix some kind of water issue. There was this long wooden rickety thing that supposedly controlled the water. If it "fell," all hell would break loose (or we wouldn't have water for a while.)

Well, I was trying to help, and I placed it back where it was supposed to go, but then it fell. Ben started running around like crazy. Supposedly there wasn't anyone we could really contact to help us? (Though he kept mentioning "TCIS" - which is a system we use at work, lol; but in the dream it stood for Trumbull County utilities something.) At one point I walked by the front of the house and there was a sign that said "TCIS LIVES!" as I was trying to catch up with Ben, who was running down the sidewalk, in search of something that could help us. Ben said it was going to take 90 days to have it restored.

I was more interested in someONE who could help us. And by now I was crabby that I couldn't take a shower or brush my teeth; and had only had 2 hours of sleep.

Progressively more family start showing up (notably: sisters Michelle and Alli.e, brother Glenn) and from other events in the dream it seems that it was some kind of family reunion type thing.

A cop calls my phone to talk about an accident that had occurred with my Uncle Jerry. He says he's sergeant so and so from the TCIS and I'm like "TCIS is the cops? CAN YOU HELP US WITH THIS WATER SITUATION!?" He kind of blows it off and is annoyed because he's calling about this accident. I have to keep asking him to repeat things and am walking around the whole time trying to avoid the noise from everything, which is mostly a futile attempt. I keep thinking about how I have to call in to work -- even though I'm in Ohio and I work in Texas. And for some reason I'm going to call Chris, who is not my boss.

My parents come home at some point and my mom calls me drunk, because I fall down. I say no, I just didn't have enough sleep! They're not as pissed at me about the water thing as I thought they'd be. They're acting all lovey and nice to each other, though (which they don't in real life.) Mom and I get into a huge fight (can't remember the details now, but I tell her never to come visit me again -- we end up making up.)

I think I was still on the phone with the cop at that point, or maybe he called me right after. Either way, it starts to seem like he's kind of hitting on me and not focusing on the details of this accident or whatever. I go outside and there's an inch or so of snow on the ground and it's still snowing. I'm in bare feet and a tank top. I'm like "fuck this place, this is why I moved!" and then a baaaad accident happens right next door. A car is skidding because of the snow/ice, and also turning into a driveway. An SUV behind it is also turning in and a crazy crash occurs. the SUV somehow ends up flipping over and crashing into the house. My brother and someone else (dad?) notice that someone is pinned between the house and the SUV and go to get them out. I freak out to the cop on the phone and tell him to send someone out! He doesn't really seem to care, and asks if there are any broken bones. I see the chick they got out (who is somehow walking) and she has a bone sticking out of her leg and flesh missing. She doesn't seem to notice this -- she's in shock. Another stranger is leading her over to like a stoop in front of the house to sit on.

No one is phased by the snow. There are a lot of strangers around, too. At one point I see the uncle who'd been in the accident -- on a stretcher.

I walk into the house (I'm still on the phone, I think; seems I was for most of the dream) and my sister Allie is making spaghetti sauce and holding a baby (she just had a baby in real life.) Someone (other sister Michelle?) criticizes her last batch of sauce and basically tells her not to mess it up again or that someone else should be making it. I look at it and say "you need to add garlic" and she throws in like 10 cloves with the peels still on. I take the peels off very carefully.

Dad gets some kind of kit in the mail for the water thing. It's super complicated with many parts. There's one part that there are several of, and he says something like "oh! I'd been saving these in a jar. I didn't know they'd send so many."

Michelle, I think, comes over with a new baby that she'd just had. I see a birth announcement somewhere and ask if it was the baby born at 12:17am the night before. I don't remember her answer, but she said it was born somewhere strange (like a nursing home?)

I'm like "OMG I can't brush my teeth or take a shower, and I've had 2 hours of sleep, I CAN'T go to work" and start feeling really anxious about this. Still talking to the cop. Still trying to get away from noise. I walk into a neighbor/strangers house that's quiet and am trying to get this cop off the phone. That's when I realize he isn't even responding to me anymore. I try to call work but end up calling my parents' house instead. My aunt answers and another aunt is there and they're being all giddy/weird and are like "come over!" I'm really annoyed. Then my sisters and Glenn come walking into the house with a bunch of stuff in their arms and are like "oh hey! yeah, these people told us we could come over and shower and heat up food!" The old guy is... kind of old and creepy. His wife is Frances McDermond. I'd never asked for permission to come into the house, which was addressed but not really in a negative way.

That's around when I woke up to someone talking on a cellphone outside my bedroom window.

Thanks in advance for the input! I love this site and never realized there was a forum.
veeter
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby MissyElliot » Wed May 13, 2009 2:31 pm

I do have a lot going on in my life at the moment,but lately i have a lot of very strange dreams.last night ,i dreamt ,
I was looking upwards,from a lying down position,i couldn`t see myself,but as i was looking up,i don`t know where i was,..where ever it was, i was lying flat,as there were several people,,mainly men??,dressed in suits looking down on me..,i could see a light around me,but not sure what it was.I wondered was i dead??,i tried to see if the men were wearing black ties,but couldn`t make them out..i woke spooked at it,as i have had simular dreams lately.I would truly like to understand what it was about.

Another one i had,last year,i was in our apartment in spain,and a shadow came over our bed,my hubby was out cold sleeping,i lay there frozen,as i thought i was awake..i tried to speak,but only a sqeak came out...the shadow said to me,i`m lusifer..I told him to go away,i don`t believe in you..i never go without wearing my crusifix now lol.
Hubby said it was because of a film we must have watched....again we had the stress at this time too
MissyElliot
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby rissajesp84 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi.. I am new here and I would really like if you could help me with a disturbing dream I had last night. I can't shake the fear I had from it though I've had far scarier dreams. I was only asleep for about 45 minutes when I had this dream according to my husband.

it was placed in a like a fantasy book.. I guess I was on a journey and was setting up camp for the night and while setting up camp I felt this this overwhelming sense of doom. Something was coming for me and it was close and evil. I packed everything quickly and suddenly I had a dragon and I hopped on its back and we were flying trying to get away from whatever was coming for me. But we couldn't escape it it just kept getting closer and closer. but I never saw what it was. but the fear was so overwhelming. than we landed in this opened caved with a fire in it and these prehistoric looking birds with long legs and they were a rust color. I picked up one and was killing the others with its beak. than there was suddenly a family with me and for some reason I needed to kill the little girl and the mom of the little girl was willing to help me. SHe was holding the girls head to the ground so I could hit her in the head with the birds beak but it the beak wasn't hurting her. All the time this was going on I was still feeling that sense of doom coming for me. I woke up quickly and still felt the fear and I felt so alone though my husband was in the next room and the kids asleep in their rooms. But I felt scared and completely alone like I had no connection to any on. and I couldnt move my legs which is common for me when I have a bad nightmare. My legs almost seem paralyzed for a few mins when I wake up. I hope you can help cause its been bothering me all day.
rissajesp84
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby daveSG88 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:26 pm

I had this really vivid dream and was just wondering if anyone knew what it meant,

I was basically living my usual life and a man the same age as me appeared who is a complete stranger, however it was as though we were best friends and he knew everything about me and we were laughing away. It sounds strange but i've never been so close to anyone as I felt to this man in my dream, he forced me to do tings I wouldn't normally do and like crazy things like bungee jump and take on projects at work I wouldn't normally do. Eventually it progressed to him becoming very ill and he told me he was going to die. I tried everything in my power to stop it and even resorted to begging other people to help him. In the end of the dream he collapsed infront of me and no one else was around to help. I held him in my arms and we both were crying and told each other everyting would be fine, he then died and I was left crying to myself. I also woke up crying which was very surreal as that has never happened before.

Could anyone tell me what must be going on in my head to have such a surreal, and what felt like real, dream.

Thanks
daveSG88
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julia Finley » Wed May 13, 2009 3:52 pm

trilo3000 wrote:ok it started out i and a large group of random people whom i didnt know where lookging for rare sea tigers that swam in the sea. and we go int eh water and find a small pack they come swimming around us one of teh guy reaches out and the tigers swim back tot eh opening of this hole in teh side fo a massive sunken ship and then a big tiger comes out and hes glowing green. and is moving super slow. the others where like little torpedos. then we swam in and they all ran inside the ship and i saw this glowing green rock and the guy said thats uranium it must be poisoning that big tiger. and then out of know where allt eh tigers roars stoped and these giant spiders come rushing at us with their queen watching formt eh ship the spiders also glow green. and there black widows with green hourglass. but the size of a human. and every time someone gets biten by one they turn into a spider so we get out they dont follow we come back in a submarine and the queen spider rushes up tears a hole in it and the spiders come in this tiem when they bite people they turn into zombies. and i rush with a group of bout 20 people into a sealed door. and then theres a massively endless hallway segmented by curtains behind each curtain is a table with 4 chairs. sometimes theres 1,2,3,or 4 people at teh chairs and in every room at least one is a zombie but dosnt show it until im least espectig it but i manag to kill each one. until a really large man is in one room and she smacks me down and eats me alive. the end.....

Howdy Tril,

Tigers represent raw instincts urges, satisfied through graceful cunning. It is the inner ability to apply your energy to going after what you want. The sea is the unknown, and is often contextualized as the soul of the dreamer in a greater world mystery. The massive hole is a blind spot in your own understanding of yourself. You may need your inner "tiger" to reach and penetrate that unawareness.

Now, a ship symbolizes how the dreamer is faring in the greater scheme of things. Your sunken ship suggests you are not in full possession of your story and navigating life according to it. Green represents growth. There is some kind of pseudo "growth", shown as the green rock, that is actually toxic and detrimental to your true Self. It may be glowing because you harbor it as a false virtue or inner wisdom. Real growth will involve releasing the emotions and urges the green tiger symbolizes.

The dream then changes scenes, showcasing a change in possibilities. This future will be brought about if your heart and actions remain defensive and impenetrable (the submarine).

Spiders are all about a big, troublesome presence. The inner call of the tiger may, alternatively, be relegated to something troublesome for you and your identity. Black widows symbolize death. The growth that could have been, is transformed into some kind of inverted energy that sucks life out of you. Zombie-imagery is all about feeling dead inside. You are led through your inner self, and you see the deadened areas.

Hope that helps.
http://www.dreaminsight.org
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby annomynous » Wed May 13, 2009 4:37 pm

i was wondering if anyone could help me
my friend has been suffering from horrible nightmare for about a year where she wakes up crying and is really upset
the dream is always somewhere different but always the same plot of her being bullied by her friends then being left to die.
it is really distressing for her as they used to happen every night but now only a few times a week
i have asked the easy questions such as if anything bad happend or anything momentous but she can't recall so any help would be very much appreciated
annomynous
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julia Finley » Wed May 13, 2009 4:46 pm

SkizBoots wrote:I remember being in my old high school. Walking up to the end of the hall the lockers were their usual blue but the floor was checkered black and white. I walk up to a door that look like an old detective door you know what they look like I hope. I go inside and I can see a woman behind a desk to my right and to the left there is a lark opening in the wall with a large bridge made of canvas connecting one end of the school to the other. There are no railings or guards to keep you from falling off the side. I am also 3 stories up. The bridge looks like a big H, with a large rectangular gap on both sides. In the middle there are some seats, and I see my friends Weston and Cody fox they are brothers. I start out to see them but the canvas bridge begins to wobble. So I get down on all fours to go out to see them. I make my way over the them and sit down next to Cody, "What are you guys doing?" I remember asking him. Cody turn his head with glazed eyes and a smile and says, "Check this out!!". Then he gets up and tries to jump across the nearest gap. His hands catch the other side but the momentum of his legs brings him down to hard. His grip is lost instantly and he falls to the ground and SMACK!! He hits. I rush to the gap when I see him fall and yell CODY! I see him laying there and then he gets up and puts a cowboy hat on and runs off. So then I hear my front door bell ring and my vision is pulled form my head into a flying view. My vision pop into an area that is all black but in the center I see a dome with a stare case going up. I view orbits this dome until I get closer and closer and then I am inside of it. Inside of the dome is a large cylinder, it looks metallic. But I have this over whelming feeling that the cylinder is filled with money. In front on it it Tahj Mowry the kid from smart guy the television series. He is wearing a tuxedo and starts to walk up the staircase, and the cylinder as if alive begins to follow him. Once the start up the stare case I pop back to my body. I can still hear the door bell ringing, I run off the canvas bridge and back to the old detective door and open it. And instead of the school hall way with the checkered floor it is my own front steps. A small Cody it there shoveling money out of the cylinder with his hand into his hat. (To clarify Cody is small not a younger version of him self just small.) I get down next to him and say, "What are you doing?" and Cody replies, "Oh don't worry dude he wont notice he has so much money." I grab a few cool looking coins and wake up.

Hi DOUCHE BAG,
The highschool setting means that this dream will carry a lesson. Be open to learning something new about yourself. The black and white checkered floor means you may be seeing things in extremes. You may also be creating a "checkered life" by your current decision-making motives. The detective door is a complex metaphor. Stepping through a door signals a new opportunity or perspective is open to you. The detective aspect suggests solving a mystery. You need to come into a new understanding, to resolve some emptiness in your life. You may also be unaware ("mystery") that there is anything to solve.

The female represents the non-dominant side of your personality. It is likely this side of you, out of love for you, that is bringing this message to your awareness.

Weston & Cody "Fox" equal fox imagery. Foxes symbolize graceful and cunning wisdom. They are the sides of ourselves that wait patiently to play our cards right and navigate life skillfully. The bridge represents an opportunity to transfer from an outdated view into a new kind of enlightenment. The unsuccessful leap suggests your inner "fox power" cannot make the transition. You cannot transition into true wisdom and cunning. This side of your personality may fail partially due to your "rebel hero" mentality, a false pride that you justify your waking actions with.

The doorbell is wake up call. It means "pay attention; this is what's really going on":

The dome represents futility. You will never reach your aspirations. The staircase is a false sense of progress. The boy genius symbolizes your childish and juvenile concept of skill and smarts. More mocking is the tuxedo, an indicator that this is the best foot you put forward in life. This mentality is laced with greed.

You do not cross your bridge, and instead head back. Your inner fox is shown again, this time small. In dreams, smallness indicates that the object is hampered in some way. I'm not even going to comment on that dialogue.

There, now ya know. Now bugger off, you dirty thief... :x thanks A LOT for perpetuating more stereotypes about us
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Wed May 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Tony wrote:Ok, well I just woke up and I am confused with my dream/dreams meaning. It starts as I'm doing a service at a house (I work for a pest control company) and I'm talking to the the lady of the home. I meantion to her that I'm studying for the state Bar exam and that this is just a job to get me by. She starts to encourge me about taking my studying more seriously and by the time I got done with the service I went home and studied. Then it seems that acouple of years have past and I was going to take my Bar exam and I was dressed normally but I was starting to have a thick beard and I was nervous. Right when I started to take the Bar exam the dream pushed me another year later and I got out of my car in the court house parking lot to meet with my client. Now I look more professional with the white suit on with black shoes but now I have my beard down to the middle of my belly. I met with the client and we were talking inaudiable but the one thing I could hear was my client's question. Are we going to win this? I replied with a smile on my face (Your case is just too easy) as we were walking to the courthouse. When we got into the courtroom we sat down and waited for the judge to come in. When the judge came in the room we both stood up and as I opened my briefcase I woke up. Well thats the dream I just woke up from 15 minutes ago. Everything was in color and was very vivid. Lasted from when I laid down to sleep to when I woke up so what does it mean because now as I am typing this I feel pretty good about it.

Hi Tony,
You never said whether you are actually studying to become a lawyer or if it was just part of the dream plot, but I will assume you are.

The lady is an assuring spirit. You will be successful in your pursuit, if you heed her advice.

The passage of time is literal. You may need to be patient in attaining your dreams. The nervousness foretells that your moments of self-doubt will circle around being "too old for this". Do not allow anything to convince you that your opportunity has passed you by. In time, you will come into great skill, confidence, and success.

Hope that helps.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Wed May 13, 2009 5:15 pm

aashkinazi wrote:Can you help me interpret my dream? I had a dream about what I thought wast the end of the world. I was at a party at someone's condo in downtown Chicago. I was with my father and my 2 sons. I knew that the condo overlooked Lake Michigan but when I looked out the window I was looking out into the ocean. As I was looking out the window the ocean starting expolding. There were like expolosions all over the ocean all in different parts and the explosions were coming from deep in the ocean. The condo was never in danger but we were very scared. My father and my oder son disappeared (I don't know where) and then later my youger son disappeared. I then went to a dark room and called my husband who was home making sure that our house wouldn't explode or go under water. I was on the phone with him saying goodbye and that I love him but knew that I would never see him again. Then I woke up crying and the dream was over. I haven't been able to forget or get over the dream since Saturday.

The end of the world is massive change in the dreamer's perspective and life. Nothing will be the same again. Chicago, too, is a symbol of awesome transformation.

The ocean represents the unknown, the greater mystery that all create, and all are apart of. The ocean contextualizes the dream as embarking on new, unfamiliar territory.

The explosions symbolize the internal upset caused by new information distilling to the surface of the dreamer's mind.

In deep analysis, a house symbolizes the identity of the dreamer. A condo is a "house" in conjunction with other "houses". It suggests you need assurance that these changes will not hurt your loved ones. Note, and be comforted, that the condo is not in any danger.

The disappearances showcase a natural disconnection. You may be ready to "let go" of your ties and fears. The phone conversation is your final goodbye to what you've known, as you partake in a new part of the eternal.

I'm sorry to ask this, but are you terminally ill? If you cannot relate this dream to anything apparent in waking life, it foretells your eternal rest.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: please help

Postby Julia Finley » Wed May 13, 2009 5:23 pm

jamez79 wrote:working for some people that where hurting and killing people.met a beautiful woman she was pregnant.we started falling in love. we where trying to get some papers to the cops to stop the bad guys while being persued and riding a blue motorcycle racing around dodging a semi truck and fence and i drop her some where so she would be safe then i go to the cops and give them the paper work and started going back for her but woke up

Hi sweetheart, I believe I sent you the answer to this via email on Monday. Let me know if you have another one!
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby YourGuardianAngel » Wed May 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Since the beginning of grade 10 (this year) I've been having dreams more often, and most of the time I remember them right when I wake up, and I still remember them for a day or two after that..most of my dreams pretty much deal with two different guys. I'm going to post two dreams here because I'm really confused about them, but if it's too much, than please just interpret the first one :)

Okay, so I have a crush on two different guys.
One night I dreamt that I was walking home from school during the night with one of my guy friends (one of my crushes), and we seperated and I was about to walk into a dimly lit area and I was a little scared, so I decided to turn around and call my dad to ask him to pick me up. When I turn around there's this really creepy looking guy (a random from one of the manga's I've read) and I'm like "okay, he's really creepy, so I'll cross the street and call" so as I'm walking toward the curb and trying to get my phone out of my bag, the guy grabs my wrist, and I try to scream out for my friend but I can't and then I woke up.
The night after that, I dream that my other crush comes to my door and asks to stay over for a while. So I let him in and he slept on my bedroom floor. He stayed for a few days, and he was a bit of a jerk at first, but then one day we just kiss and start making out. The next day we wake up and he kisses me and I'm worried because I think my breath smells bad, so I go to shower and brush my teeth. When I get out, I can't find him anywhere in my house so I start crying. Then later on, it was night time, and I was all depressed because I thought he left without saying bye, when I find him in my living room with his family making some kind of plans, and then tells me he has to go and sorry. Then we kiss, he leaves and I wake up. When I woke up, though, I felt content and happy.
(This isn't the first dream I've had of him kissing me, but it is the first one where it's been an actual kiss on the lips and making out)

Oh, I don't know if this'll help, but I was in my school uniform in the first dream (my kilt, knee socks, etc)
Also, if it helps, in the first dream, the guy I dreamt about has a girlfriend, and is my ex. I've known him since grade school

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

I think I should stop reading Shoujo manga before bed... :lol:
YourGuardianAngel
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Julia Finley » Wed May 13, 2009 5:34 pm

standupeight wrote:Hi -- I am new here and actually joined just to get some feedback about this strange dream I had the other night. I've looked up general info about it but am curious what a "dream expert" would say. I don't remember very much about the dream, but I was on a beach and it was clear I had somewhere to go. You could say I was almost on a mission - I was looking forward and walking rather quickly. The strange aspect of the dream is that I was walking over a line of dead horses that were strewn along the beach where the tide meets the sand. They weren't rotting or disturbing in any way, besides being dead. They were magnificent, beautiful horses - mostly white - and I was stepping over their necks & manes to get where I needed to go. I don't remember being scared or upset in the dream - it was what it was. Of course once I woke up, I got upset realizing that this couldn't possibly mean anything good! What's your take on it?

Thanks so much
Sabrina
Hi Sabrina,
White symbolizes a virtuous pursuit. A horse represents energy, the inner "work horse". Horses signify that the dreamer is coming into his or her true life ambition. The "dead horse" imagery suggests you are passing over your true calling to pursue something inferior. The beach, or specifically sand, indicates you are using reason, logic, and your current understanding of the way things work. The beach is usually contrasted against the ocean, which symbolizes the unknown and intuition. You may need to put aside what you assume is a worthy goal, and instead pursue what you believe is a worthy goal, if that makes sense. Listen to your heart, before you march on in life.

Hope that helps.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby snowdog » Wed May 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Hello,
I had a dream that i went out for shopping (im a man), and I had 4 arms instead of 2, My top 2 arms were working fine, but when I tried to move the new bottom 2, it felt like I needed practice to lift them because they were new and i couldn't use them. After some shopping, I threw a frozen chip to hit the cashier, but it hit a boy, and that boy chased after me with his gang looking for a fight but i stood upto him and explained the situation after his stubborness subsided.
Then I went home with my 4 arms and i was telling my mom about it (still dreaming), she explained to me that my dad had the same condition except he had 4 hands (2 hands on each arm).
I don't remember anymore
snowdog
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julia Finley » Wed May 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Mary wrote:I had a very vivid dream last night that I was caught in a war zone.

No one expected it. I was standing in a street in a small town and suddenly I heard a rumor that we were going to be attacked by soldiers with bombs strapped to them. I doubted it, then suddenly turned around and men in wheelchairs with green umbrellas floating above them where surreptitiously being lowered to the ground by green parachutes. They would land and casually assimilate themselves into crowds. It was my feeling that the bombs they were carrying were very powerful. I wanted to tell someone and I wanted to hide.

Everytime I would think of a potential strategy one of the many wheelchair men would ride by or be looking at me from their wheelchair, they were always at some distance away.

I decided to move around the building I was standing in front of, an older wood building with a covered front porch when I got around the side of the building there was a forest with a wide running trail leading out onto an open area with a two-lane thru-road down the hill from it, there were a good number of people running casually on the trail as if nothing was happening. I suddenly had the feeling I could just walk away.

As soon as I started taking the path, there were gun shots firing in the woods next to the path. Soldiers came running out of the woods and shot everyone. They didn't seem to see me even though they were right up on me. I couldn't run, so I laid down, I had the feeling that I would be OK then I had the feeling that this one soldier would shoot me, I had no way of knowing which way it would go, there was no reason for them to spare my life, but I wasn't sure I would be shot either. I lay there on the ground not sure whether to play dead or run, my mind was trying to figure out all the ways this could go. I woke up before anything else occurred.

Details: There was a wide area of green grass on either side of the running trail between the trail and the road on one side and the trail and the woods on the other. The town was full of people, but I didn't interact with anyone else in the dream. There were times when I wanted to yell out but didn't for fear of attracting attention. The soldiers where consistently Asian, specifically Phillipino like build and look. Very lucid, the details were crisp. The soldiers were always at some distance, but the wheelchair soldiers could see me, the combat soldiers seemed to not be able to see me.

So strange to dream about a ground war in a local American town.

Thanks. Would love to do a blog post on your site.
Hi Mary, thanks for the comment/review offer!

War symbolizes an internal conflict. You may need to be made, by force, to choose what's best for yourself when your individual wisdom or values will ultimately harm you. A person in a wheelchair tends to be another real person who needs your aid. You are picking up on vibes that someone needs you romantically. While this could be a standing person in the present, consider the possibility that it is your ability to care for another, and have him care for you, in the future and in general. Mine actually turned out to be a man from my past, I had no idea was bonkers for me in highschool.

Asians symbolize wisdom -- wisdom in love, in a war context. Philippinos have a more tan skintone, so your description may also indicate you repress and ignore this element in your waking life. Green is the color of growth. These men carry green umbrellas to symbolize their commitment to help you transform, because their agenda requires shielding from your loaded emotions. You need this contact, even if it seems invasive, to grow as a person.

The running path sequence showcased your running away from your own potential. Again, guns symbolize assertion of an agenda by force. You are unlikely to step forward into the next phase of life, or stop running from it, without supernatural coercion.

Hope that helps.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby daydreamer2009 » Wed May 13, 2009 7:58 pm

julia, i know you're awfully busy interpreting all these dreams, but I was curious... how do you know when an element of a dream is metaphorical, foretelling, or literal? you have such a knack for this
daydreamer2009
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby durstand » Wed May 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey, I've been having a lot of dreams lately about being in a play and not knowing my lines. It will usually be opening night of the play, and I will have just remembered that I am in the play at all. I struggle to remember all of my lines, and do not accomplish it. I become aware that I will be forced to go on stage without knowing any lines, and there the dream usually changes or I wake up. I never see what happens once I go on stage. Most recently, this happened during a rehearsal and not during the actual play. I've been having variations of this dream a lot lately, and it's always in a different place and with a different play. What does this mean?
durstand
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby SkizBoots » Wed May 13, 2009 10:12 pm

I m sorry, but did I do something to offend you? Because if I did I am terribly sorry. I don't know why you are so angry with me and I am not going to make any assumptions about why either. The thing is I would just like to know why you attacked my like that. I know it sound cliché but you don't know me, and this attack on me feels very unjustified. Again what ever I did I m sorry.
Last edited by SkizBoots on Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SkizBoots
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby skye67 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Julia, I would really appreciate it if you could help with this dream. Thank you so much!
I had a rather intense dream this morning that seemed to have some meaning, and I need your help to figure it out.
I went to the home that I grew up in to see what it looked like. the back yard looked like a construction zone and all of the other houses in the neighborhood were gone. My house was the only one standing. There was a goat tied to a tree as well. In a flash, everything was back to normal.

My family and I were outside in the back yard visiting with the current owners who seemed to be a married couple of Russian descent. I asked them if I could go inside and have a look around and they said yes. When I got inside, everything was exactly as it was when I left at 9, even the furniture. My grandfather was sitting in the living room watching television. It dawned on me, that he has been dead for 4 years and I have not lived in that house in 33 years. Things should have not looked exactly the same. I got a creepy feeling about the couple and realized they were demons and lured me into the house. They wanted my whole family. They were trying to get me further into the house than the foyer, but I knew something was wrong and ran like hell to get out. They tried like hell to keep me there. I tried explaining to my family that something was wrong, but nobody listened.

I had a really horrible childhood there. Maybe some demons from the past are resurfacing to prevent me from moving forward? I have no idea, I just know this dream messed up my whole day.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!
skye67
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby standingupalone » Thu May 14, 2009 1:16 am

Hello Julia, I would really appreciate if you could interprete this dream. I had this dream about 2 night ago and I am quite intrugued by it.
The Dream: Well, I remember the beginning of the dream very vaguely. I remember meeting this guy in my room, and he looked like the grinch, and then I left my room and went to this beautiful place, almost magical. It looked kind of like the place that was in a pc game I recently played. Anyway, I remember going back and forth to this place all the time. It was like my escape, and the grinch helped me. I had to call him, and hope he would come and take me there. A lot of time I was in my pool. Then, I met a little girl. She had brown hair, pigtails, a dress, and glasses. She took me there instead and I didn't see the grinch man anymore. We became friends, and then I remember being in the place and kinda teaching her how to fly, but like stepping up in the air like there was something there flying. She couldn't do it. The next thing I knew, I was calling my closest 4 friends to come to a Halloween party I was hosting and to go trick-or-treating. (teenager) They were supposed to come at 6:30 P.M. (my friends came last year at 6:30) Then I went to bed, when I woke up the little girl was standing next to me smiling, we talked, and the grinch man appeared, only he didn't look like the grinch anymore he was sooooooo handsome. He was muscular and sexy. He had brown hair and blue eyes, and resembled George Clooney when he was very young, probably like 20 or so. I was astounded, and then he smiled this like amazing, perfect smile.He took my hand and we left to the place. Then I called for him in the pool and he came and we were in the hot tub, and then the little girl was standing over us. Then, one day we spent the day together,(I don't remeber where except one place that was like a garden) and as we were coming home and walking down my street I did the flying thing and he came with me. We laughed and as I approched my drive way, he disappeared (he and the girl were like ghosts or things that they only let me see them, although when they appeared everyone could see them, well I thought). I saw my 4 friends standing in my driveway in costumes (one was a maid, and another and angel; don't remeber others) they all were mad and yelling at me. I loooked at my watch and it was like 11 I realized I had missed Halloween!!! I ran into the backyard and all these people were there having a party, bbq-ing, and some where drinking. I remember my parents being there and one of my friend's parents being there (they were drinking tequila). Everyone was mad at me, and then they left. I remember my pool looking beautiful that night and it was a full moon. I ran to my room crying and then later snuck downstairs to the pool (bathing suit on) and called for the man. He came and I put my face in his bare chest, sobbing, he asked what was wrong and I told him, he said he could reverse time and take me back so that I wouldn't miss Halloween again. I went back, but I didn't go back far enough and missed Halloween AGAIN!!! I was really upset and begged the little girl this time to take me back, this time I went back as far as the early afternoon. I remember feeling extreme relief, because I finally made Halloween. When Halloween was over,very late at night. my friends were inside asleep (they spent the night); I snuck out and called for the man. He came, but he DID NOT take me to the place. He stayed and we swam and talked. Then, he kissed me and we started making out (PASSION). ( graphic, very sorry but it happened) He took of his shirt (wearing white undershirt and jeans with a brown belt), then he started kissing my body and undressing me. He had me pinned on the the side of the pool and and he took off my undies. He made a graphic comment on my crotch (one of those things that a guy says, but you don't know whether it's good or bad). I felt very embarrased and blushed he turned my face to his and smiled. He started kissing me again, and then he started touching me "down there". I moaned and suddenly looked behind me. My dad was walking towards us and I was like "stop, stop" he looked up and I felt extreme fear. Then, my dad got closer. From there I woke up. Can you please help me? I'm so sorry it's so long and somewhat graphic. Please and thank you! : :unworthy:
-Misa
standingupalone
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Arkayus » Thu May 14, 2009 1:29 am

Can you interpret my dream? It was very short but from what I can remember I was outside in a backyard I could see some grass and a porch which was shaded, it was not my own yard, and I was looking at the sky which was dark and stormy some of the clouds looked like they where hanging from the other clouds, and I could hear the thunder rolling. Then all the sudden I went inside, my mom and my dog I think were also with me. I know I wasn't in my house because I don't have sliding glass doors but that's all of the house I could see aside from the backyard it was also very dark inside. I think I ran in because it was starting to rain, I also think I saw my mom talking but I don't know what she said, I couldn't hear her in the dream. Then it was suddenly bright and sunny outside so I ran back out and looked up at the sky and it was a bright blue with blinding white clouds, I had to squint my eyes to look at them. And I think that's when I woke up. So what can this mean? Even though it's short it just seems odd.
Arkayus
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sarah** » Thu May 14, 2009 3:38 am

This is a really strange one but here goes would appreciate if you could let me know your thoughts...

So my dream started with me being 9 months pregnant and just going into labour. I knew in the dream it was going to be a boy. So we were at my old family home and i was waiting on the lift to the hospital. I had asked my boyfriend to get the baby bag ready and labour was coming along very quickly.

I was very anxious and suddenly everything stopped. The baby stopped moving and my mom told me not to worry as sometimes things go fast and then slow down and how it would be natural on my first for it to take awhile. During this time i had a really bad pain in my left hand back shoulder (like my lungs) i put it down to the baby pushing back and disengaging from labour.

So we took our time getting to the hospital. My boyfriend decided on the way that he wanted to call into his friends and i paniced and decided i would go on to the hospital. I was really worried that something was wrong with the baby as i hadnt felt any movement.

When i arrived in the nurse had a feel and said im really sorry but i have bad news the baby has died and we will have to continue with the labour. So i was lying on the bed in the gown when they produced the baby.....

I asked could i hold him and talk to him before they took him.... at this stage i was holding him when suddenly he came to life, he didnt cry or scream he just looked up at me and was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen! I remember in the dream calling him Jacob and thinking how amazing he was.

When my boyfriend arrived i felt this huge sense of anger!! I love the baby so much that i couldnt bare to share him with anyone, not even him.

I remember everyone coming to visit and me telling them of how Jacob was this miracle baby....I remember my dad saying he couldnt believe his baby had a baby now and how beautiful Jacob was.

When i woke up this morning i had the same pain in my left hand shoulder like in my lung when i was breathing. Its gone now but driving to work it was really painful.

(Bit of background, im 22 and in a relationship for two years with a guy and im not happy at the moment and thinking of ending things, so its not a need for a baby)

Penny for your thoughts on this one!
Sarah**
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby trilo3000 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:49 am

Julia Finley wrote:
trilo3000 wrote:ok it started out i and a large group of random people whom i didnt know where lookging for rare sea tigers that swam in the sea. and we go int eh water and find a small pack they come swimming around us one of teh guy reaches out and the tigers swim back tot eh opening of this hole in teh side fo a massive sunken ship and then a big tiger comes out and hes glowing green. and is moving super slow. the others where like little torpedos. then we swam in and they all ran inside the ship and i saw this glowing green rock and the guy said thats uranium it must be poisoning that big tiger. and then out of know where allt eh tigers roars stoped and these giant spiders come rushing at us with their queen watching formt eh ship the spiders also glow green. and there black widows with green hourglass. but the size of a human. and every time someone gets biten by one they turn into a spider so we get out they dont follow we come back in a submarine and the queen spider rushes up tears a hole in it and the spiders come in this tiem when they bite people they turn into zombies. and i rush with a group of bout 20 people into a sealed door. and then theres a massively endless hallway segmented by curtains behind each curtain is a table with 4 chairs. sometimes theres 1,2,3,or 4 people at teh chairs and in every room at least one is a zombie but dosnt show it until im least espectig it but i manag to kill each one. until a really large man is in one room and she smacks me down and eats me alive. the end.....

Howdy Tril,

Tigers represent raw instincts urges, satisfied through graceful cunning. It is the inner ability to apply your energy to going after what you want. The sea is the unknown, and is often contextualized as the soul of the dreamer in a greater world mystery. The massive hole is a blind spot in your own understanding of yourself. You may need your inner "tiger" to reach and penetrate that unawareness.

Now, a ship symbolizes how the dreamer is faring in the greater scheme of things. Your sunken ship suggests you are not in full possession of your story and navigating life according to it. Green represents growth. There is some kind of pseudo "growth", shown as the green rock, that is actually toxic and detrimental to your true Self. It may be glowing because you harbor it as a false virtue or inner wisdom. Real growth will involve releasing the emotions and urges the green tiger symbolizes.

The dream then changes scenes, showcasing a change in possibilities. This future will be brought about if your heart and actions remain defensive and impenetrable (the submarine).

Spiders are all about a big, troublesome presence. The inner call of the tiger may, alternatively, be relegated to something troublesome for you and your identity. Black widows symbolize death. The growth that could have been, is transformed into some kind of inverted energy that sucks life out of you. Zombie-imagery is all about feeling dead inside. You are led through your inner self, and you see the deadened areas.

Hope that helps.

wow thanks. this has really made me think... maybe the main thing i need to focus on is gettign over my cynicall veiws on woman and relationships? hmm lots of thinking to do thanks
trilo3000
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby hotdog22b » Thu May 14, 2009 5:51 am

I know you are busy but did my dream get lost in the mix?
hotdog22b
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aashkinazi » Thu May 14, 2009 7:14 am

aashkinazi wrote:
Can you help me interpret my dream? I had a dream about what I thought wast the end of the world. I was at a party at someone's condo in downtown Chicago. I was with my father and my 2 sons. I knew that the condo overlooked Lake Michigan but when I looked out the window I was looking out into the ocean. As I was looking out the window the ocean starting expolding. There were like expolosions all over the ocean all in different parts and the explosions were coming from deep in the ocean. The condo was never in danger but we were very scared. My father and my oder son disappeared (I don't know where) and then later my youger son disappeared. I then went to a dark room and called my husband who was home making sure that our house wouldn't explode or go under water. I was on the phone with him saying goodbye and that I love him but knew that I would never see him again. Then I woke up crying and the dream was over. I haven't been able to forget or get over the dream since Saturday.

The end of the world is massive change in the dreamer's perspective and life. Nothing will be the same again. Chicago, too, is a symbol of awesome transformation.

The ocean represents the unknown, the greater mystery that all create, and all are apart of. The ocean contextualizes the dream as embarking on new, unfamiliar territory.

The explosions symbolize the internal upset caused by new information distilling to the surface of the dreamer's mind.

In deep analysis, a house symbolizes the identity of the dreamer. A condo is a "house" in conjunction with other "houses". It suggests you need assurance that these changes will not hurt your loved ones. Note, and be comforted, that the condo is not in any danger.

The disappearances showcase a natural disconnection. You may be ready to "let go" of your ties and fears. The phone conversation is your final goodbye to what you've known, as you partake in a new part of the eternal.

I'm sorry to ask this, but are you terminally ill? If you cannot relate this dream to anything apparent in waking life, it foretells your eternal rest

Thank you for the interpetation. I'm a bit freaked out now. I am not terminally ill but my husband and I have been going through financial difficulties for the past year but things have been looking better the last couple of months. We were also mad at eachother the whole week before the dream, and the evening before the dream we were starting to get over beign mad at each other. Could one of those things be the end of something that you referred to? Thanks so much for taking your time to do this.
aashkinazi
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby sailor31 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:24 am

Ok Julia,

Let's see what you've got...

Ok reader...I am going to recap the best of my knowledge because it has been
a couple years since I dreamt it but I remember most of the dream.

I started the dream ending up in a dark place, where I couldn't see much of
anything. Then these beings started appearing and they wore white smiling
masks that had a smile imprinted on it. Now this smile seemed cynical,
because it was not like the cute smiley faces we see everyday. It could be
best described as the smiling masks that the pygmies wore in Super Mario
Brothers 2 for Nintendo. These beings were pygmies as well and they did not
say anything. They wore hooded cloaks and more and more of them started to
appear. They didn't say anything...but they seemed to be trying to tell me
something. I looked out in the distance and noticed that I was on a large
piece of land. Everything around me was a dark chasm. I was on land in the
middle of nothingness. I know for some reason that there tribe or beings
were called the Sedegwin or Sehegwin tribe. I am not sure where I came up
with their name, I just remember trying to pronounce it in my dream. They
next thing I know is having a side view of them. Underneath there masks I
could see some of them had long black hair. They started showing me a
poster or a sign with a symbol of a spiral on the sign. Written underneath
the spiral or swirl was the word SWAMI in very clear letters. This is the
only way they communicated with me. And it seemed like they were trying to
warn me of something. Then more beings appeared out of the darkness and
they seemed to look like Indian or dark-skinned pygmies with big black eyes
and they were also in cloaks. I think they all looked like this but some
kept their smiling masks on.

Then a very short human Asian looking person appeared. He was scary
looking. Each one of his eyes seemed like they were looking in opposite
directions. Not like someone with a lazy eye, but looking very strange and
scary.
I couldn't figure out why he looked like he did. He kept saying I had to leave
and that I was not welcome there. I said how to you expect me to go, there is no way
to get back home. I seemed to have teleported there. He said, I don't care but you have to
leave this place, you are not welcome here. It is not for your kind of people.
The next thing I know I was looking for an exit and my friends started appearing through some method of
teleportation and the dream ended shortly thereafter.

If anyone has any idea, I would love to hear them, because this dream has stumped me since the beginning.

THanks,

Tim
Image BE THE OWNER OF ONE'S SELF
sailor31
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby sassypurple13 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:20 pm

In this dream my husband and I were at home. He was bringing things to the home as if he was just moving in with me. He brought two huge snakes. One was black and one was different colors of dark brown. They were about 8-10ft long and as big around as my leg. He put them in the trees that are right out our front door. I pleaded for him to take them away and he ignored me saying they would not touch me. I continued to look up as I walked by and they were just hanging in the trees. It was dark outside and looking up in the trees was very gloomy. He did not seem to care how I felt (which is very odd for him). During the entire dream I felt alone and on edge.
sassypurple13
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Irshgypsy » Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi. I am new to this site, but I had a really odd dream last night and I am curious to see what you think.

I was working at a senior citizens assisted living home (I actually did in 2000-2002), and thought I was pregnant by my fiance. I was trying to find a pregnancy test I could take, but was having no luck at any of the stores I went to. Throughout the entire dream, I kept reminding myself that I had my tubes done after my 3rd child was born (I actually did) and so cannot get pregnant. The other oddity was that I also recalled that we have not had actual intercourse (we have not in reality either), so the idea of being pregnant was insane. But then I looked down and saw the 4-5 month pooch, and so was even more convinced that I WAS pregnant. The dream was so real, I actually woke up thinking that I was, and then was kind of sad that I was not.
I have pregnancy dreams quite frequently, often of having twins (always 1 boy 1 girl).

Your input would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Irshgypsy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Aura_Girl » Thu May 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi there. Could you please interpret this dream for me?

I am sitting next to a river... the water is calm and blue, its a sunny day, everything is in full bloom, lots of birds, and Im feeling happy, the whole scene is peaceful and calm.... then I look across to the other side

On the other side of the river is my sister. However, her side of the river is dead, dead trees, no grass, no birds, its cloudy and dark, even the water is black.

There's a bridge between us, and shes standing on the other side of it begging me to go get her. I start to cross the bridge to go get her, but when I get halfway across, I look down, and the water is turning black and its churning and boiling and I know if I go any further, the bridge will break and I will either fall in and die or I will get stuck on the otherside... I get scared and run back to my side.... I leave her angry and crying on the other side.

I had this dream over 20 years ago and it was very vivid and I still remember every detail today

Can you help interpret it please? :?:
Aura_Girl
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Wimpire wrote:I've been wondering for a while about this dream, so if you could help me out, I'd be really thankful.. =)

!
Done and done, gorgeous. You got mail!
(And ur english iz alot easier toread thatn most of teh junk i'm sent whitch loks alot like THISSSSSSSS)
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 3:52 pm

aashkinazi wrote:aashkinazi wrote:
Thank you for the interpetation. I'm a bit freaked out now. I am not terminally ill but my husband and I have been going through financial difficulties for the past year but things have been looking better the last couple of months. We were also mad at eachother the whole week before the dream, and the evening before the dream we were starting to get over beign mad at each other. Could one of those things be the end of something that you referred to? Thanks so much for taking your time to do this.
:? I certainly hope so. To be honest, I don't know if it's truly related to any of that. The imagery is geared around you, and you alone embarking on some great unknown. You literally make peace with your current ties, and then "succumb" to it.

Sometimes things like this are all about finding a new life passion, taking a new road, or something that eye-opening. But I don't know.

Listen, let me give you another free interp. Just email it to inquiry@somethingspoke.com as soon as you have it (let me know it's you) so we can compare the two. This is freaking me out. I would like to say it's related to the events you're describing, but I'm having trouble rendering the imagery over those things.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 4:15 pm

lipglossgal88 wrote:hi i just want to say thx for creating a thread for interpeting dreams for people. i this is an old quick dream i had ignored for a while,it was about me being at my church and i was apparently older like 30 something but when i looked into the mirror i look the same so 10 years younger im 20.any way the whole thing was about me having this baby and it was a little girl and she was beautiful and i was married as well and i seen my husband and he turned out to be a good friend of mine i wasnt shocked just didn't think i would marry him and have a baby.

every one that was there that goes to my church and they were happy to see me :) and my family it seemed like haven't been there for your years. the reason it was weird to me because my parents don't like the man in "real life" that i married in the dream :?

Sent. :heartpump:
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 4:17 pm

hotdog22b wrote:I know you are busy but did my dream get lost in the mix?
after this one, you're next. patience, sugar!
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Akiralon » Thu May 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi, I'm new to the site. I've always been pretty good at interpretting dreams (i've been doing it pretty accurately since i was ten), but lately i've been struck by such a bizarre dream! I'm sorry if this isn't the right spot.

There was this warm savannah like land, but very very bright green grass. The sparse trees had bright lavender flowers and there was a gentle breeze constantly going and swaying the foilage.

In this dream, there were dragons. not your normal dragons, mind you. Sure, some had scales, but most of them were either covered in bright fur (yellow, pink, green, blue, etc) or feathers. Most of them looked like the oriental dragons, but there were a few european dragons as well. I myself was a dragon, but i was considerably smaller than the others, and i was the only one that had feather-wings instead of the ones with membranes. I was covered in blue-ish green-ish fur and my wings were made of peacock feathers, and i had no legs. Just a serpent's body with a tuft of feathers at the tip of my tail (kind of like an amphitere). Trippy, right? While all the other dragons roared, i squeaked like a mouse. The other dragons had small empty eyes and mine were rather large, but adorable? And those other dragons kept ignoring me or looking at me as if i were an outcast.

The dream ended with me running away from the savannah and into a very dark and very cold place.

here's some background information on me, if it helps.

I am an artistic 16 year old girl. My favorite things to draw/scuplt are canines, felines, and mythical creatures. Namely, dragons (this could explain why there were dragons in my dream >:} ) I write stories and keep my mind active with various logic games and riddles. It's fun stuff for a small town! I've recently experienced my parents' divorce, leaving my mom a single mother of me and my 4 year old sister. I try to keep in contact with my dad, but life doesnt always allow for that. I am a musician and play an array of instruments. I'm usually obedient unless i feel it is wrong, and i tend to follow my intuition. i am an excellent judge of character and it's hard to betray me, so i'm very strongly rooted with my friends and allies, which is one reason why i dont understand why all of the dragons in that dream ignored me and disdained me. I've always been an oddball, but i keep idiosyncratic ways to myself most of the time ;-)

So, there's the dream and as much information that i can give about myself that might have something to do with the dream. If it helps any, i can upload a sketch or two of the dream?
Akiralon
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Airlyeth wrote:I've been having some strange dreams lately and I can't seem to fathom what they are about. Maybe you could check out this latest one and see what you can unlock in my unconscious. :D

Damn, homie. SENT. ( :D )
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 5:46 pm

hotdog22b wrote:Can you interpret this dream I had.
I dreamt that I was in my old high school football field's field house and I was sort of observing what was going on there. There was a very young sexy girl there with her boyfriend. She is begging the boy not to leave her and she takes her clothes off. The boy seems to like her but he hears his friends calling him to come out onto the field. He tells the girl to wait right there for him so she does. Then he runs onto the field to play with his friends. His "friends" beat the living crap out of him and injure him over and over again. Suddenly the boy turns old and now he has white hair and a cane. He leaves the football field but his friends are still trying to get him to play but now he is not interested and walks as fast as he can to the field house. When he gets to the field house he walks toward the back and passes the young girl. The field house opens up into a much larger building with many more rooms than I had known were there. The boy then joins an older woman in the back of the building. She is less attractive and older but so is the boy now. They are smiling and seem happy and that is where it ends. I have posted this before but I wanted your opinion on the meaning.
You got mail. :dancing:
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Kyreian » Thu May 14, 2009 6:34 pm

For no particular reason, I woke up this morning and became especially intrigued with my dream and my past dreams. I woke up vividly remembering my dream and pondered it for quite some time. I recalled many similar dreams, and began to go over all the dreams I could remember. I noticed several consistencies and patterns and would appreciate some input by other people.

Starting off with the dream I had today, it was a foot race on the basketball court of my Junior High School. I have had many dreams in which I was racing or using my natural gift of speed. I am very confident in my ability to run quickly ever since I was a small child. I was always the fastest kid in my class all the way through high school. However, in these races I either lose the race or I win but don't feel accomplished. When I do win the race I can visibly see the lack of effort by the participants and feel as if I won due to their lack of ambition. I feel dissatisfied knowing they did not try and most likely would have won had they put out the effort.

I researched the concept of racing in dreams and their details. The person that I beat in this particular race was an old childhood nemesis who was jealous of the girlfriend I had in Jr. High School. Racing can represent people being jealous of your acquisitions and in this case I feel that is what it represented. However, there are other circumstances in which I win seeing a lack of effort or flat out lose the race. As previously stated, I do not see why I would be insecure about my abilities, being that this particular ability I consider to be one of my strengths. I should also explain that when I fail to move quickly I am frustrated. My legs move and I run as intended, but I cannot achieve top speed. Either I feel my body is not reaching maximum capacity or when I thrust with my leg to move forward with great force I am propelled into the air. The more effort I put in the harder it is to stay on the ground. It is like I am attempting to run on the moon, when I try to run hard I float and have to wait to come back down to the ground the push again.

Some dreams when I am running from a malicious entity with perceived pernicious intention my attempts to run are hindered. This entity is often equipped with a butter knife, and wearing tight black clothes covering everything but his hands and face. He is bald and has blue eyes, and like me is Caucasian. The setting is overcast skies and always in a street, usually at my childhood home from 14 years ago. Even though it is a public place, the street and town are deserted and nothing is visible or alive other than the two of us. I am aware of what this usually represents in dreams but I hope that putting into detail the appearance and setting may help explain what the entity actually represents. I can never escape the pursuer and take to two courses of action. The first course of action is where I attempt to ward off the attacker, but my attempts to fight him off are thwarted. I am never armed with a weapon and when I attempt to use my strength or land a solid punch I lack the ability to do any damage. Once again, I am very confident in my abilities physically and consider myself a strong, able-bodied adult and am completely befuddled by this result. The second course of action is my complete surrender. It is almost as if I can remember my futile attempts of past dreams as I simply sit down and await my demise. Also, I would note that when I do this the attacker never effectively attacks me. When I await death there is no struggle and I am not usually harmed. I can remember times where he would draw his weapon and grab me, but no harm was done.

An additional note to make is that in a large portion of my dreams I am walking in the middle of a street. Also, I have never once seen a moving or parked car. There are no stripes on the street to indicate traffic laws. The streets are most commonly my childhood street or my grandparent’s street, if I am not in one of those areas I am usually at my Elementary/Junior High School. Also, I am never aware of what age I am or what I look like. I am always in first person view and never see a reflection or anything other than what I normally see in my everyday life. I am never in any current settings or even High School or College, it is always the distant past or I am unaware of the time frame.

My dreams, good and bad, never involve anyone I would consider close to me. My lifelong friends and immediate family are never involved or mentioned in any portion of my dreams. The only recognizable people in my dreams, for the most part, are distant family members. The kind of family you only see on holidays. However, I never mingle with them or are even near them, but I can always see them in distance. Often times it’s a spring like setting; sunny and green with sprinklers on occasion and as always I am in the street. The most recent recollection is seeing my holiday family members arrive at my grandparent's house and it’s unclear to me as to whether or not there were parked cars, but as previously mentioned there are never any cars. The only person who is in my dreams that is close to me is my younger brother. However, the brother in my dreams is often the little brother I remember from when we were kids, as we are both now 19 and 22 years old. There is no question, however, whenever he is involved in the dream I feel calm, safe and settled.

Adversely, in nearly all of my dreams I am either alone or accompanied by people who don't exist. I know the people in the dream but to my knowledge they do not exist in reality. Often times they have a grayish purple haze that never seems to bother me and have unclear appearances as I could never point them out distinctively. I speak to them as if I know them, and in my dream I do, but in reality they do not exist. The only recognizable person is my consistent girlfriend. Now, I do not have currently have a girlfriend and I can only remember her in dreams when I am single, but it is always the same girl. She is about shoulder height to my 6'1", with a petite build, brunette hair and gorgeous brown eyes. She is always understanding and there is an obvious connection of our souls, however she has never had a name and I cannot recollect any intimate actions or even eye contact for that matter. I can remember feeling down in one situation and she put her hand on my shoulder and offered comforting words. Either we are sitting on steps or walking down a street talking; but she is always looking forward and never at me, even when her soft spoken words are uttered. There is never any conflict and every dream I can sense that we are together and that she supports me and I her. As pleasant as that sounds I am always sternly disappointed waking up to find out she indeed does not exist.

Those are the constant characteristics of my dreams. I have never had a dream involving animals, bugs, teeth, body parts, nudity or castration. No sense of addiction, confusion or clarity. Hopefully someone can give me a bit of incite to my dreams and help me to improve my life by doing so. I have given the most detailed explanation possible and look forward to reading the responses. Thanks and have a great day!
Kyreian
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Camu » Thu May 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Here's my post:

So I keep having this same weird dream with my eyes. Today my left I was closed as if injured I couldn’t open it no matter what and my cheeks were swollen I remember thinking if I had had a stroke in my dreams. In my dream I was sleeping and trying to wake up. The left eye was closed the right one was open and all the right one could see were the window with the blinds I was facing (this is the side I was facing when I was sleeping). Even if I walked around I kept seeing the same image. I remember trying to look at my cell phone (again!!) but I couldn’t see it. It was held out right in front of me but all I could see were the blinds, so I started walking around and bumping into things but the whole time all I could see were the blinds. I kept opening and closing my eye but only the same image came up. And then I thought I would just have to sit and wait for someone to come home and help me out. Oh I also remember feeling like I had something in my eye (this happened in the first dream too) but I don't know if that's because I fell asleep with my contacts on both times and I could actually feel them.

This dream had a male friend of mine in it (again the male figure) he had been with me before the incident. I was in a rush to leave the place we were in by 7:30pm because another male friend of mine was going to arrive and he did not know we were there. Apparently I had been using his place as a hang out place without his knowledge (I don’t think this part of the dream, the using his place without his knowledge, means much. It was just something from during the day. My friends and I used a dance studio earlier in the day without asking for permission). Then the first male friend left and that’s when I fell asleep (in the dream) and kept seeing the same image with my right eye.

I know this is a long post but I just woke up and the dream is perplexing me. Any interpretations would be helpful.

I copied and pasted the description of the same dream I had a month ago on the 17th of April:

So I just had this really weird dream. I don't know if it was because I took an afternoon nap or because I heard my professor tell a story 4 times about his kid stabbing himself with a toothpick on the cheeckbone right below the eye.

My left eyeball fell off!! And my only good eye, the right one, had moved a little toward the back of my head. I was feeling sick as if I wanted to faint, I went to bathroom, looked it the mirror and saw my whole eyeball was black (not just the pupil) and then it fell off. I was able to catch it and I grabbed on to it for the rest of the dream. I kept looking for my cell phone so I could call a friend of mind who is a doctor and ask her what to do. Needless to say that with only one eye it was sooo much more difficult to do. My right eye was blurry but then the eyeball moved toward the back of my head so I had to walk around with my head tilted up or I had to grab my cell phone and place out in front of me waving it around to get a glimpse at it. Eventually two people came home. One of them was my dad who was able to dial the phone for me. When I finally got a hold of my friend and told her my big emergency she said see that's what you get for not hanging out with me.

I was really weireded out by this dream. It also had a build up to it. It started with me driving wearing my glasses but I couldn't see because the glasses were foggy. I ended up having to throw my glasses out because they were puncturing my right eyelid. I have a pair of glasses I don't wear that often because one of the little plastic things that protects the nose bridge fell off so everytime I wear them the wire scratches my nose.
Camu
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby jonbron » Thu May 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Have you taken a look at mine yet?
jonbron
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 6:47 pm

Parisbabyfayce wrote:I had a rather strange dream.. And later I told my mother about it, and she had the same dream a couple years back, it goes like this.

There wasn't any sound during this entire dream.
I was walking next to someone that I knew, in the dark.
I couldn't recognize them, but I sensed I knew who they were.
We sat down across from one another, and I started pricking splinters out from my forhead, no matter how many I took out I continued pulling them out. The person sitting across from me however was pulling gigantic hunks of wood out of their skull. After a while I wake up.

VERY creepy!
But I was wondering could you interpret?
And could you tell me, how or is there a logical explanation to how me and my mother had the same dream?
We have never discussed the dream before I brought up the subject.
You got mail.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Julia Finley » Thu May 14, 2009 6:49 pm

black-rose1117 wrote:Hey! I wanted to post this dream, but i saw this thread so im posting it here now.

I was outside wit some friends when all the sudden my dad comes out and tells me he is going to get into my email with a website (a real social site, not a website for getting into emails) he said he was going to pay $50 for my password.
i kind of got scared so when he was gone i went over to my computer and deleted all the messages (including one from my crush) and then i went outside again.
my dad came back saying my mail account was ok and didn't have anything bad (it didn't in the first place), he went back inside but i didn't belive him.

Then i woke up.

So please tell me if you have any answers. thx!
Thanks. Mailed.
Julia Finley
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Please help me on this?

Postby pisces1970 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:15 pm

last night-around 1:40am-i woke up from a dream feeling sad, almost crying but also angry. my dream was about my father. he passed away last December 10, 1993 but in my dream he was in the hospital and my mother was with him, looking after him. (note: my mama is still alive though). it was a quick dream. and it started as me entering the room where my father was (my feeling was shocked/sad when i saw my father half-lying on the bed facing the door where i came in.) and when my mama saw me, she said that she (had to bring) brought papa into the hospital or something like confine him in the hospital. then without being asked, my mama said she borrowed 600.00pesos from (female) her cousin her age (name mentioned in dream but will not mention here) so that she can bring my dad in the hospital. after hearing that in my dream, i suddenly woke up feeling depressed/angry at myself and almost crying. i was not able to sleep good after that dream. i have also been thinking my dad almost everyday before this dream-almost talking to him about a certain request. i have always thought he was in a better place since after he passed away but i do not know why i have been thinking of him a lot lately. i just need help on something and it concerns the significant living others (mom, siblings, etc...) in my life. i hope i did not disturb him. i hope i told it to you vividly. my big thanks if you can interpret it for me.
pisces1970
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby hotdog22b » Thu May 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks Julia that was a very good interpretation. I felt you were dead on. Thanks again.
hotdog22b
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Bbelanca » Thu May 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi there,
i had an unnerving dream last night
i dreamed that i was feeding a bunch of kittens live baby chickens.
i also had raw meat and bones in my hands and i tore it up and threw it at them to eat together with the baby chickens.
i feel as though i threw the raw meat and bones to get the kittens riled up to attack the baby chickens.
could u please interpret this for me if possible.
thanks
BB
Last edited by Bbelanca on Sat May 16, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bbelanca
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby black-rose1117 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:42 pm

Julia Finley wrote:
black-rose1117 wrote:Hey! I wanted to post this dream, but i saw this thread so im posting it here now.

I was outside wit some friends when all the sudden my dad comes out and tells me he is going to get into my email with a website (a real social site, not a website for getting into emails) he said he was going to pay $50 for my password.
i kind of got scared so when he was gone i went over to my computer and deleted all the messages (including one from my crush) and then i went outside again.
my dad came back saying my mail account was ok and didn't have anything bad (it didn't in the first place), he went back inside but i didn't belive him.

Then i woke up.

So please tell me if you have any answers. thx!
Thanks. Mailed.

Hey IM so sorry! I deleted the mail by mistake (inbox and trash) so please can you send it again? Im so sorry im sorry to waste your time!
LIVE like you mean it!
You never get a second chance
black-rose1117
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby gibsonx@bigpond.net.au » Thu May 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi, I have never gone looking for the meaning of a dream before. This one was pretty weird and I remembered so much of it when I woke up and several hours later, the dertails are fresh. Very unusual for me.

I'm not sure of the protocol, but here goes

I was a host of the Academy Awards ceremony and I was there early, in a room where I would prepare, like some giant dressing room with lots of people. I was to wear a red suit with a tie. We (me and a female co-host) were very early and we went out for something, food I think and we were coming back with plenty of time when we got diverted. We did not seem to go anywhere, but when we came back to the dressing room, it had moved to a big warehouse and it was dark and empty. I looked at my watch and the ceremony was due to begin. We rushed to get ready and she left. I was so despondent at being late and frightened of the ramifications that I could not go to the award show that was already going upstairs. I finished going to another room full of people playing games where losers had to complete dance challenges. I was about to do my dance challenge when my co host appeared (absolutely beautiful woman) and told me to get upstairs that I did not need to miss the ceremony.

I went to the dressing room and found My red suit had turned to black trousers and a red jacket and that my tie was missing. I quickly dressed and realized my jacket was covered in white cat fur. I rushed from the dressing room and there were hundreds of people in a room. I asked for a clothes brush. A dark skinned man in a bandana threw me a shoe brush and I finished with shoe polish on my white shirt sleeve. I got cat fur off my jacket, put the jacket on, but it had changed styles and was more like a button to the neck jacket with a priest collar... sans the white band. I did it up to almost the top and asked if it looked okay without a tie and was heading to the awards when I woke up.

At one point, sometime within the dream, I saw myself on the stage in the original red suit on stage with the co host, looking down the camera talking. It did not really look like me, but it was me.

Any ideas?

thanks
gibsonx@bigpond.net.au
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

seizure in my dream

Postby charles11jordan » Thu May 14, 2009 9:15 pm

I took a 2 hour nap after school. It ended up being the strangest dream of all. I started having multiple dreams about things that i can't remember exactly. I do remember being on a highway and some lady chasing me but it wasn't exactly a scary chase.

Then the dream changed to something biblical. My dad is a pastor and i had in my hand some tape recording. We were in front of some major church committee and i dropped the tape and it started playing something my dad said. The committee started to look down upon us both and were frustrated with what was on the tape. (I was unable to hear what was on it)

And then things got weird---- i started to freak out. My body started to shake and everything went black. That's when i heard a voice say, "The light will find its way through the cracks of darkness." And after that statement everything turned white. There was a strong buzzing in my ear and it felt like my head was shaking very fast. It felt like a seizure because when i woke up my hand was shaking and was clenched tight and my muscles were a little sore.

If anyone could help me interpret it that would be great--- it's really bothering me. The quote is something of high importance. It has just stayed in my head all day.
charles11jordan
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby daydreamer2009 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 pm

aww, no more interpretations posted on the thread? i liked reading them to get a feel of how the interpretation works. i'm a newbie :oops:
daydreamer2009
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby hopefull » Thu May 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to this site and was wondering if someone can help.

Usually I don't pay any attention to my dreams yet I've had a couple about my boyfriend that I cant get off my mind and I'm just curious to whether it really means something.

OK, so the first dream I just remember looking for him everywhere and asking people if they knew where he was and everyone I spoke to in that dream just kept telling me that they were sorry with a sad look on their face and I just had this uneasy feeling in my stomach.

The second dream was the one that really got me and it's kind of hard to explain. There was my boyfriend josh, some other guy I didn't know, and myself. The other guy was looking for josh, but wouldn't tell me why, josh would take off when he was coming near. He was sort of mysterious yet I felt as though I knew him... at one point he had about 3 other guys holding josh down and I kept trying to figure out why but the other guy would just tell me it didn't have anything to do with me and that I should leave. The next thing after that I remember was sitting with josh in my living room at home. Now my boyfriend is always in real life very sweet and affectionate to me yet in this dream he was very sarcastic and well kind of a jerk to me off and on, I have never seen him that way with me. I was sitting there looking at pictures and he was just sort of sitting around close to me and then I don't know what happened. I just got the strangest feeling and then josh all of a sudden vanished, so he left me and right then the power cut out and something or someone is standing on the other side of the hallway and even though it's dark I can still see some what of a shadow and last thing I remember I was trying to dial 911.

Craziness. If anyone can tell me what they think that would be great. It's just been stuck on my mind and like I said I usually never pay much attention to my dreams.
hopefull
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

PreviousNext

Return to General Dream Discussion