Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

dreamed I saw BF get shot in back while running toward me

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

dreamed I saw BF get shot in back while running toward me

Postby stormysea69 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:45 pm

I have never sought help with a dream before, but this one has me rattled. I lost an aunt and uncle about 3 weeks ago, so admit being a little down from funerals and death. Last night I dreamed my BF of 2 years was having a tantrum, ineffectively hitting someone. We were out on the street. The police were there. He saw me and started running toward me with his arms outstretched toward me. The person he was hitting pulled out a gun and shot him in the back. he fell face first onto the ground, arms still reaching for me, before he reached me. The police just stood there with their mouth hanging open. I am in the Philippines, I think their reaction is pretty close to the reality of their worth over here.
My partner is seeking help for some mental issues and is bipolar with a personality disorder. He is working on long overdue treatment, but his tantrums are well documented. What is my twisted up mind trying to tell me?
stormysea69
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: dreamed I saw BF get shot in back while running toward m

Postby operatormike » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am

Hi Stormy,

Sorry to hear about you losing your aunt and uncle. You have a lot of unsettled emotions. You likely are not done grieving for your aunt and uncle. The dream draws on this emotion and on your partner with the tantrums. The thing is about dream deaths is that they are often symbolic of recreating yourself. Dying to the old self to become a new self. In this case, your partner seems to be doing that. This dream helps you continue your grieving process. There is some anger as there always is in grief. That is because we cannot control death. So you show that police, who should control the situation, doing nothing and you vent your anger towards them. This is healthy in that you are getting the feelings out.
So there is also some hope in the dream. The old tantrums are ending, so that something new and healthy can emerge.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby stormysea69 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Thank you for your thoughts. I will continue forward with hopes that you are correct.
Alan
stormysea69
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:28 am

Dear Alan,

You are welcome. Hope is important. In fact, it is vital.

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to General Dream Discussion