Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Vivid dreams of friend who passed away

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Vivid dreams of friend who passed away

Postby Chercher87 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 pm

A very good friend of mine passed away in November 2017. We had been friends since we were 14 and he died at 30, so half of our lives. Shortly after he died I dreamt that I was giving birth and I was alone in the delivery room and I was panicking and I could hear me friend from outside the door just repeating “it’s okay. I’m okay. You’re going to be okay” over and over again.

A couple of weeks ago I dreamt that we were standing in an empty room that was very bright and he was wearing this yellow sweater he had given me when we were 16 and we were just hugging. We didn’t speak. We just stood there, hugging. And I woke up feeling so at peace and comforted.

Does anyone believe in loved ones coming to visit in a dream? I’ve never dreamt of someone who passed away so vidicly before and he is the first really good friend I’ve lost.
Chercher87
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Vivid dreams of friend who passed away

Postby MelsPositiveVibes1111 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:52 am

It is my experience that our passed loved ones do come and visit us in our dreams. When this happens it's called a Dream Visitation. Usually these dreams stand out because the feelings that come with them are intense. It' not a normal dream, it is very vivid. These are the dreams you don't casually forget throughout the day, or even years. It stays with you. These dreams are really amazing because as you say it leaves you with a peaceful calming feeling. I think your friend was visiting you to give you comfort, letting you know they would be around in spirit to support you from afar, and to also give you closure and say goodbye in a way.
MelsPositiveVibes1111
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion