Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Injured Foot and a Hobo

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Injured Foot and a Hobo

Postby Hyding » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:31 pm

I don't normally remember any of my dreams, which is part of the reason this one stands out so much. I'm interested to see what some of you might interpret from it.

I am walking to catch my bus to work, but as I'm walking down the street I realise I have forgotten my shoes and I'm walking completely barefoot. I keep walking, knowing it's probably a bad idea to be barefoot, but it doesn't really stop me. The entire time I'm walking I am considering turning back to go and grab my shoes, but it takes a while for me to actually make the decision and turn around (I'm not sure why). Anyway eventually I do decide to go back home, but on my way there I feel this very sudden, horrible pain in my left foot. I look down at it, and see that I have stepped in the glass from a broken bottle. At this point I have two rather jagged, very large pieces of glass stuck in my foot. I, surprisingly calmly, pull out the bigger piece and it comes out fairly easily. The second piece, though, draws with it a long, stretchy, very bloody and super gross piece of sinew/muscle as it comes out. I feel pretty disgusted by this - the image is still making me uneasy. I get home and put on my shoes and socks and try to forget about the wound, even though it's still pretty painful as I walk.

The next thing I know, I'm sitting in a fancy looking cafe with my father and a dirty looking drunk stranger. He is confused as to why I'm not at work, and so am I, since that's where I was heading before I appeared there. The stranger is acting weird and the whole encounter is very awkward, but I try to play it off and order a juice for myself. Eventually the stranger falls asleep.

"Quick! quick!" my father says "Let's leave before he wakes up."

At this point we hurry out of the cafe, and my father reveals to me that the stranger was a hobo he picked off the street and took to the cafe when he felt guilty that he had no money to give.

It was really very strange and uncomfortable the whole way through. I woke up feeling really gross and upset, but I couldn't exactly pinpoint why.

Would appreciate any input!
Hyding
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Injured Foot and a Hobo

Postby murph » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 pm

First part: you find yourself in a situation in life not knowing how you got there. Suspect your feeling vulnerable... You then make a decision to retrace your steps and
Get shoes (symbolises protection or maybe understanding).. this causes broken glass in soul of foot.. possibly soul wounds from past... You manage to sort these out even though it's gross..
Second part: again you find your self in a situation and don't know how you got there.. this you find strange and confusing.. father clears things up with explanation.. but whole dream giving concern as maybe all situations not under your control..or perhaps encouragement as to the Why or meaning of life.. just my thoughts..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion