Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Driving a car through the side of a mountain

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Driving a car through the side of a mountain

Postby raymond1234 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:08 pm

11 March 2019 Monday

I dreamed that I was driving in a car, down an interstate or other large highway. I was in a hilly area and as I looked ahead, I saw a wall of solid rock. The road was built all the way to the edge of the road, and as I approached the wall, my car did not slow down or try to avoid the wall. As I got closer to the wall, I was able to see a hole to the left. It was about 2 feet deep and across, and about 3 feet high. It looked like it had been carved for a monument to be displayed. I continued to look from the left to the right and saw several holes and scars in the wall, suggesting that someone had attempted to carve or drill through them.

I approached the wall and I knew I was going to hit it. I told myself that I hoped it did not hurt. The car went directly through the wall, without slowing down. At first, I could see nothing but rocks all around me. Then the scene changed, and I was in a well - engineered tunnel. I exited the tunnel and the scene changed to something almost idyllic. The road became slightly hilly, like you might find in a painting. The area to the left and right was green and when I looked ahead, I saw two metropolitan areas, one on either side of the road. They were bathed in a golden light that formed a dome over the cities. At first, I thought that it was artificial lighting, but the color of the light was wrong, and it appeared that the cities were illuminated from underneath. It was a pleasant feeling as I looked around.

Then, I woke up.

I had another dream prior to this one, but I don’t recall the events other than it involved me laughing with another guy.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Driving a car through the side of a mountain

Postby raymond1234 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:22 pm

I wonder if the dream represents good times after enduring hard ones.
But I have no idea what the hole in the rock means.......why would a hole carved to house an idol be empty?
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:13 am

Hmm... you finally drove your way through BEDrock .. :cabbagepatch:

:whistling: must of been on auto- pilot
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby raymond1234 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Gus Who wrote:Hmm... you finally drove your way through BEDrock .. :cabbagepatch:

:whistling: must of been on auto- pilot

Barney Rubble was my co-pilot
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 am

And I thought it was Über... Regardless of the pilot that got you through ... There seems to be a choice between two cities (I take that is your destiny Heere ... Headed intwo the wall!)

... So stop trying tooooooooooo ... Go ... around :cabbagepatch: or over :goldblob: the mountain ... (As that problem is taken care of ... AS splitting rocks go... into splitting atoms)

Not sure what you meant bye... as lost goes with ...
raymond1234 wrote:But I have no idea what the hole in the rock means.......why would a hole carved to house an idol be empty?
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby raymond1234 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:48 pm

What I meant it that carving a hole in a rock wall would never be easy and it would have to be intentional.
So, why would they go to the trouble of carving it, if it was not used?
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Any more ideas, anyone?
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby murph » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Again the mountain and wall are the mental blocks.. fear that we don't survive death being overcome.. tunnel as described by many who have had near death experiences.. golden light and beautiful cities in the afterlife...lovely dream brings beautiful reassuring feeling to you..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:02 am

murph wrote:Again the mountain and wall are the mental blocks.. fear that we don't survive death being overcome.. tunnel as described by many who have had near death experiences.. golden light and beautiful cities in the afterlife...lovely dream brings beautiful reassuring feeling to you..

I can see the similarities between the tunnel in bedrock and the tunnel in NDE's. I never considered that before.
And the pleasant experience I had in the dream, is similar to what many others see and document after an NDE as well.

This makes 2 dreams about death in one week........I don't even think about death. I meditate and I have watched videos on YT about NDE's and similar experiences, but death is not something I think about.

I wonder if my subconscious is trying to tell me something or basically, just trying to organize random thoughts in my head?
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby murph » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:03 am

I wouldn't analyze too much. Its life revealing to you the experience of death in such a beautiful safe way..without any suffering...amazing...
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:55 pm

murph wrote:I wouldn't analyze too much. Its life revealing to you the experience of death in such a beautiful safe way..without any suffering...amazing...

Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby paynecaitlyn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 pm

I also have this dream :shock:
paynecaitlyn
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby andree2hand » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:19 pm

I have a dream that comes back regularly, where I'm driving a car at night and it keeps getting harder to drive. What does it mean?
andree2hand
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:39 am

To Andrea.. car generally represents physical journey in life.. could mean finding it difficult on your present course.. maybe physical body in trouble in some way or the need to find the light or spiritual aspect of oneself..
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion