Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Same house, dead man, little dog

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Same house, dead man, little dog

Postby devinnoseworthy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:48 pm

So last night I had a dream that brought back a whole chain of dreams that I had forgotten about. The dreams are often different, but always have the same house in the same location with the same old guy living there. I vividly remember the house and the layout of it. Every room, door, hallway, closet, everything. The house is very run down and looks pretty much abandoned but an old guy used to live there. There was also an old piano that remained in the house all through out my dreams until last night where it was actually missing out of its place. The dream I had last night I found out the old man who I would visit in my dreams had actually passed away. His spirit was there but he did in fact pass away. His little pet dog was still in the house and I opened up the door and let Him out then he came back and I fed him. Everything seemed very casual for some reason. The first dream that featured this house was probably three years ago. I was with a group of friends and we decided to visit this house that was supposedly abandoned. Me and my friends were looking through all of the untouched stuff inside the house when the old man came in through the door in the ground level (we were on the second floor). The house is on a dirt road going a ways in through a wooded area. There use to be another building that was very run down next to the house but that was actually missing in my dream last night too. It seems as if time has continued even while I wasn’t dreaming. The old man passed away, things ave been misplaced from the house, the house is a nice bit more run down, other buildings are now gone.
I would love to hear anyones opinions or insights on this. last night was the first dream in over a year that featured this house. there was a two year period where I dreamt about it a lot, then a year where I didn't at all and forgot about it all until last night.
devinnoseworthy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Same house, dead man, little dog

Postby murph » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 am

House represents state of mind or possibly here old memories or way of thinking..here probably feeling abandoned or may lonely .
When with your friends abandonment was only vaguely there.. did something trigger these feelings again in you only now time has passed but some feeling still remains..
1 level refers to physical presence, 2 level possibly thinking level, spirit being 3 level..just some ideas...
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby devinnoseworthy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 am

That all makes a lot of sense actually. I have been keeping to myself a lot more lately and have been taking part in activities that I use to do with my friends. I've also been thinking about when I would hang out with my friends a fair amount so that could play a role. looking back I have changed a lot. I've kicked my hard drug habits and drinking, but also recently picked up smoking marijuana again which also could be bringing me back to a past time
devinnoseworthy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Glad to help.. from my own experience all addiction comes from fear of being abdoned.. stay friendly .xx
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion