Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Left out in the Rain

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Left out in the Rain

Postby Guitarfreak2312 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:59 am

Hey! I’m new here but I’ve always been interested in what my dreams might mean and reveal about my subconscious self. Last night I had a dream that for a moment felt like a continuation to another dream the night before.

I dreamt first about transporting a heavy amplifier (I’m a musician by trade) across a rocky dirt path away from a festival stage. The path was shrouded on either side by green grass and trees. I’m from around Chicago and My band is currently in a competition to play our favorite camping festival this summer so that might explain part of that.either way, I don’t currently use the type of Vox amplifier that was in my dreams, but i own one and used it before I purchased my newer more professional level one. There’s a practice in the music industry called backlining in which you use gear provided for you by either another band or the production company, and these Vox amplifiers are common to use in that situation, so it wasn’t very strange or alarming in the dream, especially because it felt like it was my old amp. I don’t remember how that dream ended, but then the next day (in real life, not the dream world) it rained profusely and all of the snow on the ground melted.

Then last night when I was dreaming, I dreamt that I was walking another similar path, but this time not at a festival. As I was walking (with one of my band mates) I saw on the ground TWO larger more expensive models of the same Vox amplifiers with dirt and vines all over/growing out of them. I immediately panicked in my dream thinking that I had left these two amplifiers lent to me out overnight as it rained cats and dogs. It caused me a lot of anxiety and it felt very real. It felt like I hadn’t accomplished something someone else was depending on me to do - which is one of my greatest fears.

There’s also some healthy but very real tension going on in my band currently, and I worry sometimes that I’ve been harsh
, or that something i said hurt someone else’s feelings. The tension is based on our responsibilities even as music, and even though what I said needed to be said in order for them to understand my perspective, I still worry about it’s impact. I’ve also totally changed my diet recently.

Does anyone have any interpretations of any of the parts of this dream? I realize there may be a lot to break down.

What I’m really interested in is:

What does it mean to leave something out in the rain and find it in another dream after it has rained?

Why would the amplifiers have doubled and become larger models?

What does it mean to worry that you’ve lost or broken someone else’s belongings?

Thanks so much!!!
Guitarfreak2312
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Left out in the Rain

Postby Guitarfreak2312 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am

Bumping this thread in hopes of getting a response.
Guitarfreak2312
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:01 pm

maybe you're too concerned about issues, which really shouldn't issues.

increasing the issues, when they should be decreasing ..

thats the same trail of thought to that of God increasing .. and us decreasing ..

what genre does your band play or write ???
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Guitarfreak2312 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:13 am

Funk music!
Guitarfreak2312
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Superman1 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:26 am

The path was shrouded on either side by green grass and trees suggests perhaps two sides, or involving another, growth or productivity gone on a long time, like trees. But a rocky way away from the stage.
That can explain two amps, but that may cost you more, and perhaps are a larger issue that can potentially get dirty and overgrown with what you don't want that can strangle things, like vines.
It's about what really gave you anxiety, like being out in the cold or misery.
And the old Vox amp might be like the old way - of hearing or playing - or seeming less professional. Or the past. But again can just be the fear or danger of that. Not necessarily the reality, but healthy awareness.

So what you said makes sense if it's about your anxiety over not doing what others are depending on you to do.
Because first it was just you carrying one amp, through a hard way with two sides you want to flourish, the next dream was two amps so it seems the partnership you fear would get ruined in some way, after the negative emotion fell. Or lost or broken someone else’s belongings, meaning their side of things.

But the title of your dream can say it all: feeling a bit of separation in the group at this point.
The message may be showing you in the neglected amps what can happen if the issue is not re-solved.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Sun May 19, 2019 5:17 pm

is that "funky" ...
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Return to General Dream Discussion