Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

6 Legged Dog

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

6 Legged Dog

Postby JJLogan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:56 am

First time doing this. But this dream has me completely out of sorts. It starts out with me at home with my father, mother, and brother. Which is already not normal. Next I go to the kitchen to grab some food. The police walk through the back door and arrest me without knocking or a warrant. Not too strange. They drop myself and about t other people off outside of the booking center though to go park the vehicle and eat or whatever which is strange. We all stand outside and smoke our last cigarettes for however long it is that we will be in jail. I smoke 2. Somehow when I'm finished with my last smoke I actually have belongings that just keep appearing, some of which belong to other people I know. I put most of what appears into my backpack, strap on my guitar, and walk into the place. I have at this point entered the wrong door I'm assuming because I'm in the kitchen of what appears to be a night shift lunch break at a very large facility. I knew the way through this kitchen to the prison block at one point but not this time around. I get lost on my through and have to move a machine to get where I'm headed. As I pass all of the correctional officers, sitting down and eating, they all start yelling towards me familiar and friendly things. Calling me by name and asking if that's really me. Asking to see my familiar smile, which in real life is fairly non existent. Wishing me good luck. Telling me they will see me in there. Then one says something strange just before I'm in the prison block......"lick her good!!!!" I'm confused by this comment when I start to look around and am even more confused by my surroundings. It's carpeted, candle lit, and the room is occupied by one ornate comfy chair with 3 dogs. One is sleeping on the chair and the other 2 are sitting to one side of it in front of a fire. These 2 in front of the fire are strange though. They have 6 legs a piece. 2 in front and 4 in the back. I shrug this off though and attempt to greet the dogs as old friends. The one I reach towards though attacks my hand as I approach grazing me with it's teeth. At this point I become stern with the dog and tell it no. Now both dogs are standing in an aggressive stance and barking viciously at me with foam at their mouths. They start to chase me. I get to a doorway covered by a curtain yelling for help. A woman's voice replies that she is on the commode and will be out in a minute to show me to my cell. The dog that attacked me is closing in now though so I start to climb the curtain trying not to see into the bathroom. The dog starts to climb after me. A curtain climbing dog is one thing but the speed at which it was doing it is a whole other. I get to the top and can somehow manage to position myself a top a bookcase just out of this dogs vicious range. I soon lose my balance though and fall into a dusty chair beside the bookcase. As soon as I land the second dog on the ground disappears and the curtain is flung open with a very distraught looking, what appears to be, gypsy glaring at me demanding answers for my behavior. I look past her and point at the top of the curtain and ask what that dog is. Her face grows somber as the dog disappears in a cloud of smoke. She answers me and says it's a death eater...a bad omen. At this point I immediately wake up and find it hard to catch my breath. Not sure what it means but I felt very urgent that I try to find out. Anyone with enough experience with this stuff can help? I'd be very grateful. Even if it's just to put my mind at ease.
JJLogan
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: 6 Legged Dog

Postby operatormike » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:58 am

Hi JJ,

Kind of a weird dream, huh? Well, let me try to interpret some of it. That might help. One theme running through it is kitchens and food. That is telling me that you are looking for some kind of emotional/spiritual nourishment. Your home is your psyche. You start at a very familiar place within your self, your family. It would seem that the nourishment you are looking for is love and companionship that you might have once felt at home. Being arrested seems to say that you feel guilty. It would seem that when you are smoking with the other "criminals" and your sentence is related to the number of cigarettes, your better self is saying to you that smoking is a criminal act worthy of incarceration. You feel guilty about smoking, for one thing, it seems to me. Your belongings seem to be about your identity, the guitar seems to be important regarding your identity. Wrong door, more guilt, but it is the door that your dream self wanted to enter. Getting lost in a place where you used to know your way could be about your life path. You are not sure which way to proceed in your life, where you used to be sure. The corrections officers being friendly emphasizes your longing for friendship and companionship, but feeling guilty and estranged from it. Words are important, So "lick her good" should be important. It seems like an erotic thing. Maybe your sex drive asserting itself into the dream, but then seeing dogs, which lick to be friendly makes me think, huh? maybe not. Dogs are usually loyal, friendly pets. Once again, your longing for friendship. but it doesn't go so well. Once again, some negative emotions messing up what could have been a good relationship.
JJLogan wrote:I shrug this off though and attempt to greet the dogs as old friends. The one I reach towards though attacks my hand as I approach grazing me with it's teeth. At this point I become stern with the dog and tell it no.
and so forth. The six legs has got me a little stumped. Clearly an important and vivid image to you, since you named your post 6 legged dog. One thing I think of is stability. A table with four legs is very stable. Maybe these are potentially very stable friends? I don't know. The whole chase scene is about fear and anxiety that you have. When you work some of this out in a dream, you are usually calmer in your waking life. At least until you deal with the source of what is causing your anxiety. The gypsy is also about guilt demanding answers for your behavior. A death eater dog disappearing in a cloud of smoke. guilt about smoking?

Hope this helps a little. Let me know what you think.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby murph » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Six legged dog.. could symbolise giving extra legs to a story.. i.e. exaggerate.
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 am

Thanks, Murph.

When I was driving home last night I heard Bon Jovi playing Living on a Prayer. One of the lyrics is "Tommy's got his six string in hock." It reminded me of this dream two fold. JJ straps on his guitar. Later two dogs had six legs. That made me consider a new significance to the number six. Could it be that these two dogs represent specific individuals who are guitar players? JJ, did you play in a band and somehow have a bad relationship with your former band mates, but long for the old friendly relationships?

Peace,
OM
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Batman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:25 am

... off hand or should I say leg... 6 might refer too insects and therefore the dogs as ‘bugs’ as these 2 old friends might bug the dreamer
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby operatormike » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:33 am

So there's that possibility, Batman.

So JJ, wudyathink?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to General Dream Discussion