Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Had a dream that I was in a purgatory like place.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Had a dream that I was in a purgatory like place.

Postby UsherBhai » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:10 pm

Hello everyone,,
I was in a basement with 4 other people who I don't know. The basement was entirely made out of wood, the walls, the floor and the ceiling. It wasn't fresh wood either, it was like really old shabby looking wood. It was completely dark except for one bare light bulb in the middle of the ceiling that was barely giving off any light. There was no furnishing either, just a dark basement with 5 people in it. I realized it tech news free netflix was something like purgatory when I walked up the basement stairs to leave and when I walked through the doors just ended up right back in the basement. Another thing that made me believe it was purgatory was that the other 4 people were talking about how they died (I don't remember any of the causes though). Even though I didn't recognize the people down with me I had a strong connection with them almost like we all died together.

Dreams are weird...
Last edited by UsherBhai on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
UsherBhai
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Had a dream that I was in a purgatory like place.

Postby murph » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:33 am

Dream is about being stuck in the past.. or death....no fresh life or light..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby M71 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:38 pm

murph wrote:Dream is about being stuck in the past.. or death....no fresh life or light..

That's interesting. Can you elaborate on your insights?
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:38 am

Well in this dream the dreamer is surrounded by old shabby wood. This is probably old archaic thinking or memory or knowledge.. the dreamer tries to leave the basement but ends right back in it. Implying you don't get out of purgatory by trying to leave it... Some new or fresh thinking or understanding is needed. Needs to see in a new light the meaning of death.. here in this dream her beliefs are what's causing death..This begs the question who are we and what are we made of ?? What is birth and death..Are we just thoughts memories beliefs images and feelings.. as these are all transitory experiences then what's absolute.. all I can say really is that experiences happen in some greater unknown and the idea of the individual is a collection of beliefs thoughts ideas etc..
Let me know if this makes any sense.. to the dreamer I hope this encourages you to seek a better understanding of life and death.. no disrespect intended .. the dream is encouraging you to seek a better way.. you have already taken the first step by posting your dream.. you are being guided...from my own out of body experiences we definitely exist apart from the body... maybe research some NDE (near death experiences ) namaste
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby M71 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:58 am

I'm speechless
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:42 am

Great.. I hope it blows your mind as well..
Thanks for feedback.. xx
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion