Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Shortest dream ever

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Shortest dream ever

Postby M71 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:48 am

In my dream I was asleep in a metal fishing boat that was tied to a dock at the edge of a lake. Someone came by and swatted me on the back and said "get out of the boat". This was so startling that in woke me up in the dream and in real life.

I reflected on the boat immediately as I woke and had the impression the boat represented my attitudes so, I look up the boat symbol here and it could mean attitudes. Any other thoughts on the subject?
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Shortest dream ever

Postby Varzandeh » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Some interpreters say sleeping for a feared person means safety and for a dead person
means forgiveness and for an ill person means curing also for a jailed person means
freedom.
A boat means a work ,
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:41 pm

so the boat is a tinnie ???

why did you have to get out of the boat ???
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby M71 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Varzandeh wrote:Some interpreters say sleeping for a feared person means safety and for a dead person
means forgiveness and for an ill person means curing also for a jailed person means
freedom.
A boat means a work ,

Well, my mental state could jive with all of that at the moment. I have C-PTSD from ongoing emotional trauma. With that I am the fearful, the dead, the ill, and the jailed. I think I might know what you mean by the boat means work but I'd be guessing too. Thanks for your insight. :)
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby M71 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 pm

aussie_musician wrote:so the boat is a tinnie ???

why did you have to get out of the boat ???

Yeah, two person boat. I don't know why I had to get out of the boat but it was a man with authority in his voice that said it.

There was a fishing net on the dock and the lake was surrounded by evergreen forest.
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:03 pm

do you know the time in the dream ???

did you see yourself get in the boat, to sleep in it ???

and .. what is the C of PTSD ???
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby M71 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:01 pm

aussie_musician wrote:do you know the time in the dream ???

did you see yourself get in the boat, to sleep in it ???

and .. what is the C of PTSD ???

I do not know the time but the sun was out. I did not see myself get into the boat. C stands for complex PTSD. It means repeated trauma, as opposed to just one terrifying event.

I do think I have figured it out though, if you're curious. :)

The lake is my emotional state. Because I am in a toxic marriage, I am restricted from expressing everything about myself, especially my emotions. The net sitting on the dock suggests I am caught in a complicated life situation and I feel trapped. The boat signifies my ability to cope with and express my emotions. Because the water of the lake is calm and clear and because I was sleeping, I could feel ready to confront my subconscious in own responsibility in being in this complicated and toxic marriage. That idea could be supported by the forest surrounding the lake in that a Forrest signifies a transitional state. Being woke up by someone telling me to get out of the boat was shocking. It was an abrupt change. My original thought upon waking was the exodus from the boat may imply I needed a change of attitude. Now I thinking it is more specifically a change in thinking and perceiving. I need to get a new mind now that I understand the limitations of the old way of thinking...... btw, yes I am in therapy for trauma otherwise I probably wouldn't have had this dream. :)
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:17 pm

so it was daytime ???

Complex - PTSD .. i see ..

has the marriage been toxic from the start ???

do you have children ???

and what is the repeated trauma ???
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby M71 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:06 pm

aussie_musician wrote:so it was daytime ???

Complex - PTSD .. i see ..

has the marriage been toxic from the start ???

do you have children ???

and what is the repeated trauma ???

Umm, well - the marriage has always been toxic but I've always thought it was my fault that he was upset with me. I've spent my life trying to figure out whats wrong with me, bending myself to fit his demands, and stifling myself into nonexistence. The repeated trauma is emotional, verbal and psychological abuse, on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. He's a bit of a bully. He criticizes, harasses, blames, threatens, and baits me into fighting or defending myself. Then, he denies my feeling, perceptions, and memories - he gaslights. Arguments go on almost endlessly in a loop,repeating the same patterns with no resolution, known as circular conversations. There is also confirmation bias, emotional blackmail, false accusations, betrayal, treating me like a child instead of an equal, triangulation, enmeshment, and on and on ... Basically, he wants me to mirror him. He does everything he does to feel better, and does it until he feels better. I would be better off if he beat the hell out of me but he is a narcissist, a covert one at that. Most of this is done behind closed doors so everyone thinks I am the crazy one --- aren't ya glad you asked :) And yeah, I've got kids.
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:56 pm

how on earth .. are you living in that marriage ???

i have one thing to say to you ..

and .. its also from Good Will Hunting ..

Its Not Your Fault ..
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby M71 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:40 pm

aussie_musician wrote:how on earth .. are you living in that marriage ???

i have one thing to say to you ..

and .. its also from Good Will Hunting ..

Its Not Your Fault ..

The frog in the pot doesn't feel the heat till it's too late :)
I know I'm not responsible for the actions of others, just my own stuff.
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:11 pm

well .. yes .. about the frog ...

are you going to do something ???

or can you ???
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby M71 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 pm

aussie_musician wrote:well .. yes .. about the frog ...

are you going to do something ???

or can you ???

I'm in counseling learning boundaries, learning to be less codependent, gaining self-esteem, etc. I'm new to Christianity and I don't know if I should leave him. I was going to. Even told him and all the older kids of my plans, but I keep getting my attention directed against leaving. By staying I teach my daughter how to set boundaries between her and difficult people and I have this notion that by staying his soul is better off, as long as I am a true believer in Jesus. But there is also this: I have extreme social anxiety due to something that happened and that event put me in a position in which I plead guilty to assault in order to help my kids at that moment. Short term solution with long-term consequences. I can't get a job. I'm stuck.

Hey, thanks for taking an interest. It's good medicine. :)
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:51 pm

Dream could also imply.. leave or get out of the situation your in or tied to.. As it was a two person boat it could imply leave marriage..besides I can't see how it's good for daughter to witness this toxicity.. surely it's teaching her to stay in abusive situation. Man symbolises higher power/authority.. had you prayed for advice regarding your situation... I feel the net is the trap of mind telling you to stay...evergreen trees represent healing..maybe leap of faith needed.
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby M71 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:09 am

murph wrote:Dream could also imply.. leave or get out of the situation your in or tied to.. As it was a two person boat it could imply leave marriage..besides I can't see how it's good for daughter to witness this toxicity.. surely it's teaching her to stay in abusive situation. Man symbolises higher power/authority.. had you prayed for advice regarding your situation... I feel the net is the trap of mind telling you to stay...evergreen trees represent healing..maybe leap of faith needed.

That's definitely a different take on it than what I came up with. Thanks.
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 pm

:computer: Your the true interpreter. We only give opinions..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby M71 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:20 pm

murph wrote::computer: Your the true interpreter. We only give opinions..

:2cents: are good. I like differing perspectives. It expands my mind. :)
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:34 pm

are you able to .. not separate from him as such .. but can you get your own place for awhile .. and then go back and live with him ???

give yourself that space ..
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby M71 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:08 pm

aussie_musician wrote:are you able to .. not separate from him as such .. but can you get your own place for awhile .. and then go back and live with him ???

give yourself that space ..

Actually, that's been the plan (off and on) but I have to get these charges expunged first so I can get a job. It's just really difficult because I have an anxiety attack and really bad flashbacks every time I try to deal with it. I feel like such an infant, but it will get done. I'll get a job and I'll save the money to move out. :)
M71
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:42 pm

ok ..
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion