Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

A Monotone Mannequin Art Gallery Dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

A Monotone Mannequin Art Gallery Dream

Postby Choybi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:14 pm

The dream setting was in gray scale/black. I was in a large warehouse-like room filled with art pieces with lots of pillars to hold up the incredibly big and curved ceiling, and 3/4 of the room was covered by pitch-black shadows, so only 1/4 of the room was visible when I first entered. The art pieces had spotlights on them, and some were famous ones like the Mona Lisa, but the heads were missing and replaced with a mannequin head. This goes for both paintings and sculptures, and some of the art was straight up writings framed on the wall. Anyway, I wasn't alone, there was a crowd of people either wearing a black cocktail dress or a black tux and they too also had mannequin heads with some of them holding glasses of black wine. For the art pieces that had spotlights on them, there would be small crowds of these mannequin people admiring it, and those who weren't were wandering or walking in circles in the black shadows like there were lost and had no particular destination. I spent most of my time in the said shadows, looking at the art from afar. One of the tux-wearing mannequin people bumped into me, but didn't stop rushing forward. As I tread through the room carefully, more spotlights turned on revealing the art that was hidden in the shadows, but I would stay away. Those who were wandering near a newly revealed art piece would gravitate towards it like moths and fixate on it. There were also shelves mounted on some pillars with piles of mannequin heads with scribbles on a couple of them, and a writing piece that I particularly remembered. I couldn't read it because it was just black lines, but it as the only thing that had color, splatters of red on the edges. As I continued crossing the room, more spotlights sprung up on more hidden art, and this continued til I reached a door which was an exit. This is the only dream I ever had that was completely monotone, which I didn't think it was possible, and it's just confusing overall. I would really like someone to help me decipher this because I'm at a lost, thank you c:

TL;DR: I was in a dream that was gray-scaled, and it was in an art gallery full of mannequin people.
Choybi
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: A Monotone Mannequin Art Gallery Dream

Postby murph » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 am

Just my opinion.. whole dream implies you are begining to see through the whole charade of the art world.. mannequin heads representing the complete mentalisation /monotony and dumming down of the people involved. Dream implies you have huge knowledge of art world. As in warehouse but it's dark dead knowledge. Curved ceiling possibly curved nature of time and space or possibly symbolising material world. As moths are attracted to light so lost mannequin head people attracted to art. Perhaps to be seen to be somebody "intelligent". As the dream is mainly in the dark. Indicating need to see from light of awareness or greater perspective..the fact that you stand back and observe is already a better perspective.
Exit indicating way out of your dilemma..
Hope this helps.. no disrespect intended just my interpretation..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Choybi » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 pm

This is an interesting insight but I'm not well-acquainted with the art world whatsoever, but I do doodle sometimes in my free time.
Choybi
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:09 am

Museum then could be symbolic of the past..lost in the past. Or Maybe hidden talent for art that needs to brought into the light.. your the best interpreter of this dream..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion