Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Red owl

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Red owl

Postby kidlike » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:11 pm

In the dream I was talking to my dream "brother" and went into a barn, there I saw a red owl. Not red as in redish brown but RED like it was painted was crayons.

It turned it's head and looked at me, Hooted twice then flew out the window.

My dream brother kept talking like nothing had happened but I had a bad feeling about all of this so I left the barn, him in it still talking, and closed the door.

P.S. I don't know if this is relevant but it was day everywhere else, inside the barn however it was night time.
Sanity calms... but madness is more interesting! :lol:
kidlike
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Red owl

Postby Dorn » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Your internalized male self is a character Jung called the animus, which is lodged in your preconscious/subconscious and expresses your reversed character traits. The red owl is likely a reflection of your animus, mixing passion (red) with wisdom (owl). The darkness (night) shrouding your instincts (barn) relates directly to this imagery, which is forcefully repressed (blacked out) from consciousness (light).

In sum, the dream shows you aspects of yourself that are normally closed off/blacked out/repressed. Even through the internal censorship of dream symbolism, the joint expression of passion with wisdom is the source of your discomfort.
Last edited by Dorn on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Bellwether » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:27 pm

That's really interesting. So you don't have a brother? I think it means you know something you don't want to know about your family, and for some reason it's very alarming to you. It seems like it could be something extremely hidden, from probably many people that know your family. It could be that timing is important when you confront it, like the right state of mind for you.
Bellwether
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Varzandeh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Owl in the dream symbols means a thief , jealous criminal man.
If dreamt was fighting with an owl means will fight with someone.
If had an owl or someone gave him one means he will overcome a thief.
If dreamt was eating owl flesh means will have money from a thief.
If dreamt had a little owl means his steward or his page is a thief.

Night time means a sorrow ,
Darkness is a symbol for misleading in the way of mind .You don't know the answer for the essential questions like: Where did I come here to this world? , ... Where am I going to? ,,, What Is the ultimate goal of this world ?... What should I do here?... Is there any pattern for true way of life? ... is it hard to do? what is the last version ?...
Dark may also mean: 1- being thoughtful 2- wandering 3- closure of the affairs 4- innovation in the religion 5- misleading.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby exuserr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:31 am

Consider a “close friend “of yours speaking spitefully about you.
Dorn’s “animus/Jung” 01 psychology appears inadequate and useless here.
exuserr
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby Batman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 am

This is about something you have ...’stored in a barn’ ... as the “read owl is hooting at U!

Oh brother! (Obviously you don’t get it... Heere) a ghost figure :?: (WHO, WHO... as an the owl would say)
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby exuserr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 am

Weird but insightful; another way of putting it. I give credit to Gus / Batman. :)
exuserr
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Return to General Dream Discussion