Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

 

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:16 pm

15 January 2019 Tuesday


I dreamed that I was standing on a sandbar at the beach and I could see two girls to my right walking on the sand, talking among themselves, enjoying life. As I looked straight ahead, I could see a rock formation in the water that connected itself to a hill on the shore. It formed a bridge, and some warm, blue water flowed underneath. It reminded me of similar scenes I have seen in Thailand or California.

As I was admiring the water flowing under the rock formation, I saw a disturbance in the water. It looked like a wave rushing towards me, but it looked unusual. It was clear to me, that it was not a wave and it was not natural, but I did not know what it was. I quickly eliminated the idea that it might be a shark or a crocodile. I yelled to the girls that there was something dangerous in the water and they needed to be careful. They panicked and began to run.


I remained stuck on the sandbar and between the beach and myself was a dangerous stretch of water I was going to have to navigate through. The girls were in the water and were rushing to leave. Something surged within me and I knew that whatever was in the water, was evil. Even though I had not seen it yet, I knew from an impression I had about it, an intuition. I remained still because I did not want my motion in the water to attract attention and the ‘threat’ continued to move between myself and the girls. That is all I recall.

-----------



I had another dream, that seemed to flow immediately behind the first one above. I was at a building site, either commercial, or a large private home. I was walking on top of the first floor that was recently covered in plywood and had small sections of the exterior walls under different levels of construction. I looked across the building and I could see a man in yellow, walking through a recently plowed, vacant field; several hundred feet from me.

I walked to the corner of the building, turned around and saw a young lion several hundred feet away on the edge of the construction site. I was surprised to see a lion and wondered where he came from. He looked at me and started moving in my direction. I tried to warn the other man, but he did not see or hear me. He was too far away.

The lion moved closer to me and I knew I could not outrun the lion or climb the partially constructed walls to escape him. So, I decided to outwit the lion by climbing under the elevated first floor and crawling underneath the house and exiting to the far side. I was hoping that the lion would move across the floor on the top while I crawled underneath. I just hoped that the lion would not see the other entry on the far side, as well as hear or smell me while I was crawling underneath. I hoped I would not be trapped underneath, but it was a risk I had to take.

I woke up with a racing heart.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:24 pm

I had both of these dreams on the same night.

What I think is interesting is that both of them were fear based. One from something evil in the water and the other dream was a lion.
I tried to warn someone in both dreams.
I tried to elude both of the animals in both dreams.
I was concerned about the animals catching me in both dreams.
The first animal swam under a rock arch and I began to hide and run underneath the crawl space of a home.


Both of them were fear based but I don't have fear in my waking life and there is nothing that I think will surprise me.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Postby weaver1040 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi Raymond

You seem to have had a rash of intense dreams! They are complicated with lots of symbolism but I thought I would skim through and see if I could find common threads.

One thing I noticed is that you seem to have some sort of separation anxiety with the women in your dreams. In one with the producer, a man clearly didn’t like or want you (between his ex and your present gf). In the Chinese chase dream you are distancing yourself from a woman for her protection. In the restaurant a 4 y.o. is calling you out as boring- lol- the children are between you and the woman. Even in the accident dream a blonde woman is running away (because of something you think you have done).

In the beach dream something evil is between you and two women. I half expected you to describe them as one blonde and one brunette. ;)

You don’t have fear in your waking life but do you have anxiety (it’s very close) or, maybe concern for someone close?
You are also being stalked (mostly with a woman involved): It sort of looks like separation anxiety. Is there an ex you are thinking about lately?
weaver1040
Dream Child
Dream Child
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 am

weaver1040 wrote:Hi Raymond

One thing I noticed is that you seem to have some sort of separation anxiety with the women in your dreams. In one with the producer, a man clearly didn’t like or want you (between his ex and your present gf). In the Chinese chase dream you are distancing yourself from a woman for her protection. In the restaurant a 4 y.o. is calling you out as boring- lol- the children are between you and the woman. Even in the accident dream a blonde woman is running away (because of something you think you have done).

In the beach dream something evil is between you and two women. I half expected you to describe them as one blonde and one brunette. ;)

You don’t have fear in your waking life but do you have anxiety (it’s very close) or, maybe concern for someone close?
You are also being stalked (mostly with a woman involved): It sort of looks like separation anxiety. Is there an ex you are thinking about lately?



Yes, there are several similarities.
I never thought about a separation anxiety but there is a woman in my life that I enjoy being with but there are other distractions in her life that prevent me from spending as much time with her as I would like.

There are not children involved.....lol......and she is not in the entertainment industry but she is interesting.

I do care about her and would not want anything to happen to her, physically or emotionally.

I am not aware of anyone stalking me. Thank goodness. That happened to me about 10 years ago and she was a nightmare.
It's tougher when a woman stalks a man. I went to the police as well as a lawyer and both of them said 'it's only a woman'.
She would call my house 2,3 times a night and let the phone ring 30, 40 times before getting bored and hanging up.
She would wait for me across the parking lot at work and watch me return home at night.
It went on for almost a year.

It's tough being a man....lol

Thanks for your insight !
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Postby weaver1040 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Hey Raymond,

I did consider the possibility of dating- it might be a factor. The level of anxiety (about separation) would depend on how attached you feel. Maybe your feelings are stronger than you realize? Of course we exaggerate things in dreams too. And, there are different aspects of each dream that come into play. But, something like children can be a metaphor for “my baby”- meaning a project/ her projects that keep her distracted and at a distance.

The female stalker is scary! Wow- can’t believe they just blew it off like that! The phone calls are bad but, when someone is so obsessed that they follow you to work and then home- that could be dangerous. You might feel stuck- like out on the sand bar? Were you by chance seeing someone else at this time? Is there any chance that you have been reminded (recently) of this experience? You did dream about being stalked at work- hiding under your desk. Sometimes cats (the lion) represent women. Just possibilities but a year is a long time- not easily forgotten.

At the filmmaker’s home, the woman gave you the (false) impression that you would be welcome- she led you on. It seems your reaction was more disappointment and frustration- you were giving her a short time to come around before you gave up on her.
weaver1040
Dream Child
Dream Child
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:40 pm

weaver1040 wrote:Hey Raymond,

I did consider the possibility of dating- it might be a factor. The level of anxiety (about separation) would depend on how attached you feel. Maybe your feelings are stronger than you realize? Of course we exaggerate things in dreams too. And, there are different aspects of each dream that come into play. But, something like children can be a metaphor for “my baby”- meaning a project/ her projects that keep her distracted and at a distance.

The female stalker is scary! Wow- can’t believe they just blew it off like that! The phone calls are bad but, when someone is so obsessed that they follow you to work and then home- that could be dangerous. You might feel stuck- like out on the sand bar? Were you by chance seeing someone else at this time? Is there any chance that you have been reminded (recently) of this experience? You did dream about being stalked at work- hiding under your desk. Sometimes cats (the lion) represent women. Just possibilities but a year is a long time- not easily forgotten.

At the filmmaker’s home, the woman gave you the (false) impression that you would be welcome- she led you on. It seems your reaction was more disappointment and frustration- you were giving her a short time to come around before you gave up on her.


That made me think a bit more........the women on the beach were scared and the lion (women) was scary......therefore, women are scary..........so easy !....lol

There was only one other time that really concerned me about another stalker. I had already told a woman .....very tactfully and very nicely......that I did not think that there was a lot of chemistry between us and did not see it going anywhere. She said she agreed and that she had the same impression from me. She wanted the relationship more than me. She was a nice person, but we were from two different worlds. She was Jewish and from Brooklyn. I am Baptist and from the South. Everything that she said was related to Judaism........or Brooklyn. So, we agreed not to see each other anymore but prior to leaving she wanted to know if I wanted to go upstairs and have sex one more time and I said yes. While we were in bed, she was smiling and laughing afterwards and told me not to be surprised if she showed up at my front door one day with her luggage dragging behind her.

Let me explain it like this......have you ever hit your elbow or knee real hard and gotten that numb feeling? Like your entire body is numb and vibrating? That is how I felt. As soon as she said that, I felt a shot of 'something' shoot up my body and everything went numb. I had flashbacks of that woman that stalked me for a year.
I told her it was not going to work out, good luck and walked her out to her car. She was crying.

I deleted her email address and phone number. Surprisingly, she never called or emailed me again. She scared the crap out of me.

I am not having that problem now, but maybe it was a dream based on the emotional baggage stored in the hard drive of my brain somewhere.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Two dreams on same night with similar symbolism

Postby weaver1040 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 pm

raymond1234 wrote:That made me think a bit more........the women on the beach were scared and the lion (women) was scary......therefore, women are scary..........so easy !....lol


But the lawyer and police told you (about the stalker); “It’s only a woman”. :P

There are very scary women- for real and, there are very scary men- for sure!
But, it isn’t just any woman or man- that “numb” shock feeling is our own internal fears.
We don’t want to be attached to a wrong choice so, where do we draw the line?
It’s a conundrum.

It sounds like you had too little in common with the Jewish woman. On the other hand, you expressed regret that you cannot be closer to the woman you presently see.

In response to your other dream (unwanted guest) I think the dreams are similar so I’m adding comments here:
The woman you see now/ want to see more might be the reason. In the dream, your reaction seemed like disappointment or frustration. The woman ‘led you on’; she made you feel that you would be welcome (somewhat deceitfully); you were following her lead, not breaking in. In the end you were waiting outside for her to come out or, to ‘come around’; if not soon- you would leave. That seems like the present situation and a feeling that she may not be sincere or, as serious as you would like… Are you waiting to see if she “comes around”?

On one hand your anxiety seems to be a fear of someone latching on. To me, it’s like trying to rescue someone that’s drowning but they panic and wrap around you so tight that they pull you down too. Ever had that experience? It’s scary- now both people are drowning!

On the other hand you felt rejected (the children/ called boring). The frustration of feeling “played” (unwanted guest). It looks like a bit of emotional tug of war.

I get those odd flashbacks too. One night I dreamed of a bf I had not thought of for a half life and someone from high school! It wasn’t one of those back to school dreams (different circumstances and we were older) so why him? No idea.
weaver1040
Dream Child
Dream Child
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:18 am


Return to General Dream Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Shared Bottom Border