Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Riots in Paris

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Riots in Paris

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Context: Trent sent me an email, a couple days ago, telling me he's currently working part-time and attending meetings at the Salvation Army Rehab Center. I asked that he let me know if the program is working for him (after a reasonable amount of time has passed in order for him to know, for sure) and we could go from there. While I'm trying to stay optimistic, I'm also wary of getting my hopes up as Trent could back out of it at any time.

Dream: The setting was The Hunchback of Notre Dame (the Disney version). Esmeralda had just been found guilty of witchcraft and she was to be burned alive in the square, along with Quasimodo, who had tried to help her escape Paris. Instead of having them tied to the pyre, Frollo decided to have his guards surround the platform in order to trap Esmeralda and Quasimodo in the flames.

Before conducting the execution, Frollo permitted Quasimodo to speak his last words. Frollo expected Quasimodo to beg forgiveness. Instead, Quasimodo stated that no amount of pain or punishment could ever make him regret doing the right thing by trying to save Esmeralda. As Quasimodo spoke these words, from out of the crowd came a man in Quasi's likeness. The major difference was that this version of Quasi was not deformed. He also wore a black business suit belonging to the 21st century. I believe it was God showing Quasi a vision of his next incarnation, as Quasi was the only person that could see him. Frollo took Quasi's transfixed silence as indication that he was done speaking and ordered his men to light the platform. Surprisingly, the flames did not harm Quasi or Esmeralda. After having spent a few minutes in the flames without any effect, Frollo became impatient and ordered his men to run into the flames to finish the job. With nobody to keep the crowd under control, the citizens began to revolt.

The riots managed to last well over 24 hours. During that time, Phoebus found Esmeralda's bruised and battered body and placed her into a wheel barrel, hoping he could push her to safety. Since she was still wanted by Frollo, his men kept coming after them. Over time, Esmeralda became beaten to a point where it looked like she would never be able to walk again. I looked on in frustration at what a terrible job Phoebus was doing at protecting her. Meanwhile, Quasi was pretty banged up, as well, so he was in no position to protect her, either.

Several days of rioting had passed and the number of Frollo's men began to dwindle until there were only townspeople left. I'm guessing Frollo was killed off-screen. The next logical step seemed to be to rebuild Paris. In order to do that, though, the townspeople needed to break down the few structures that were left. They did this in the most illogical way possible and took melee weapons to the remaining buildings. Some of them even began attacking each other.
My very own store:

http://www.zazzle.com:80/thedizzyowl

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Return to General Dream Discussion