Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The Ex?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

The Ex?

Postby artin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:21 pm

One of the ex's came to me in a dream. I was walking home and crossing the street to where an auto body shop is located. Three short dark female figures were behind me like shadows but not completely, they passed me and disappeared into the dark garage opening.
I noticed as they disappeared, that one of my ex's was standing inside the garage. I got nervous I have no idea why. I began to walk swiftly away. I saw him come toward me and I crouched down letting my long dark hair cover the sides of my face and put my arms behind my head to cover my head (like he couldn't see me). lol He got close and said my name softly. I looked up and he gave me this huge bright beautiful smile with nice bright teeth and I smiled back and he turned and walked back toward the garage.

When I dream like this it usually means someone has died. Last month I had a dream and one of my brothers came to me and when I called my sister-in-law she told me my brother her husband had died. Not my brother in the dream.

I have a couple of thoughts. Either my ex has died or he came to say he loves me and is releasing the past. Whatever it is I was actually happy to see him and now that I am awake, I don't want him to be dead and want that conversation with him we didn't have. The last time I saw him, he had apologized for some shit he had done to me but the situation was complicated and I don't feel we said everything we wanted or needed to. I never ever told him I loved him and I want him to know I did and always will no matter where life takes us.

Any thoughts on this anyone?
artin
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: The Ex?

Postby twilight.dreamer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:44 am

Hi there!

Just some quick thoughts:

I find it interesting that the location of where the dream takes place is in front of an auto body shop.

Just as you have said before, you two may have not been able to fully say everything you wanted or needed to say the last time you two spoke. I feel the auto body shop represents your way of "fixing" or finding closure in the relationship.

The dark figures and the fact that it takes place in darkness is your fear of how the situation would play out if you two were to talk or see one another again.

However, since he smiled and said your name acknowledging you is probably your way of fulfilling that closure in a way that satisfies you.

May I suggest that if you need true closure and maybe you're unable to or maybe it's just not the best idea to see or talk with him again; write a letter of what you would say to him.

Hope this helped! :)
twilight.dreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby artin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:53 pm

Actually it was only dark inside the autobody shop. When he came to me outside the sun was shinning brightly. It was great to see his smile again. I've been crying all weekend hoping he is alive and well. Your idea to write a letter is a good one. I've been talking to him (in my mind) and sending love his way and I think I'll do that letter. Thank you.

I just had another thought...I wonder if it is warning of a past relationship returning but leaving again?

I wrote the letter. Not sure if I'm going to burn it or just tear it up?
artin
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby twilight.dreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Hm. That's even more interesting...

Well. I've done both. They made me feel okay for the moment but I didn't fully feel satisfied in my spirit.

Hopefully this won't be offensive, but the only thing that has made me feel like I've truly let go, was by prayer.

But either way, I hope writing the letter helped. And that's great that you're still sending love his way. :heartpump:
twilight.dreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby artin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:13 pm

I certainly didn't get what I wanted in the relationship and perhaps neither did he. I think if we could have talked about it we may have learned from each other. However he was part of my life and not the worst or the best. I do have more fond memories than not. I will always have a special place for him and want the best for him. Thanks :-)
artin
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion